2014 NBA Draft Thread

where is the Wiggins pre draft workout?

Kawhi Leonard is good but he isn't a Superstar type player.

He is good though.

He doesn't avg 20 pts and even if he could he wouldn't because of the spurs offense.

Nobody on Spurs avg. 20ppg. Open man gets the ball. Team game.

Kawhi the last three games of the Finals is worth a top 5 pick in this draft.

Kawhi from the rest of the reason before that is not.

I love his game regardless, but this is one of the most talented drafts ever. We'll see if he can keep it up next year. I'll always root for him.

please dont do this to Kawhi Leonard, let him be great how he is and where he is...the main reason i love dude game is bc hes so overlooked and quiet. same way i felt about PG until the media came up with their theory.

I love his game regardless, but this is one of the most talented drafts ever. We'll see if he can keep it up next year. I'll always root for him.

Only reason his stats look down is cuz Pop rests his players. If Leonard got 40 minutes a game he'd be talked about during the regular season.

This draft needs to get here ASAP.

I still personally think Brett Brown wants to trade MCW and get Exum...

Last edited:

Outside of Embiid, Parker, and Wiggins, ...maybe Exum. I can't think of a better prospect in this draft than Kawhi. If Spurs offer my C's Leonard for the 6th pick, I'm taking it. No questions asked

Last edited:
I think Vonleh has a chance to be a really special player, in love with a lot about his game and his measurements are outstanding.

I feel like if he had a better coach than Crean he would be in the mix for top 3.

I think Vonleh has a chance to be a really special player, in love with a lot about his game and his measurements are outstanding.

I feel like if he had a better coach than Crean he would be in the mix for top 3.

Vonleh is the only player in the top 10 prospects that I have not heard anything negative about. I mean you have Jabari (Bad defense), Wiggins (too raw, not intensity), Randle (Defensive liability) and so on. Is Vonleh the safest pick in the draft?

Vonleh; very good rebounder, low usage rate, emerging jump shot, decent rim protector, turnover prone, not a great feel for the game.

Is "not a great feel for the game" something you can develop? Personally i dont really think so. Would have him thinking too much instead of just reacting.

[
Is "not a great feel for the game" something you can develop? Personally i dont really think so. Would have him thinking too much instead of just reacting.

I mean I don't know, watching Vonleh there is a certain lack of coordination/body control/scoring instincts that is concerning, plus he's not insanely explosive. How many guys become elite scorers without having either explosive athleticism, or fluid natural body control?

This is why the comparisons to Chris Bosh I think our way way way too optimistic, Bosh while not an elite athlete always had incredible coordination, body control, and footwork.

Bosh was incredible form the jump beat his man consistently off the dribble with his first step, even at georgia tech, hard to see that happening with Vonleh.

Like I said before in this thread scoring instincts are tough to teach.

edit : by scoring instincts i'm referring to body control/footwork/ability to understand body positioning and angles to create open looks.

Last edited:
Yea I was getting the same vibe. Never saw him play, but once i heard the Bosh comparisons (and since Bosh is probably my fave PF) I had to check him out. From what i've seen he's no where as fluid. Kinda stiff actually.

Scoring instincts and a feel for the game are HUGE intangibles to have imo and Idk if its something you can "teach."

Last edited:
Yea he's not as fluid as you would like, I don't ever think he'll be Bosh level from a total offensive standpoint but I think he can replicate his shooting and be a better rebounder.

He's gotta improve his defensive IQ but that will come.

I honestly think keeping PJ in NC would be the worst thing for him. He's stayed outta trouble since moving to Chicago and being on his own out there. Bringing him back in state with a bunch more money to spend is asking for trouble.

Please don't overrate Kawhi like that. He's a great player but he isn't a go-to guy. Just let him be the 15ppg 8rpg guy he'll be... with great defense. He's not a 25ppg scorer.  

Yes he is a top 5 draft pick. I agree with that. But he isn't a 25ppg guy. Or a superstar.

Back
Top Bottom