2014 NBA Draft Thread

He's doing a hell of a job on the low, that Al Jefferson move was very nice, may have goofed on Zeller but there wasn't much in that class anyway.
bobcats should have taken noel imo they fell for zellers workout numbers thinking he was gonna be something special.

bobcats should have taken noel imo they fell for zellers workout numbers thinking he was gonna be something special.

And take away minutes from Biyombo? Would've been pointless and a risk.

People acting like Cody was horrible all year. He was 2nd team all rookie and avg'd around 10 ppg off the bench after the all star break. He's being asked to be a stretch 4. His jumper will get better.

People acting like Cody was horrible all year. He was 2nd team all rookie and avg'd around 10 ppg off the bench after the all star break. He's being asked to be a stretch 4. His jumper will get better.
biyombo didn't get much playing time anyways this season though lol. i hope he does something or anything to get better on offense this offseason, has so much potential imo.

never was sold on zeller, just don't think he's gonna be anything great. kinda wasted a high draft pick for a guy to be a bench contributor.

I'm not even close to giving up on Z. His rookie campaign wasn't horrible. Z can be a double-double player per night. Shame him, Dipo, and Watford never won a championship at IU.

I used to think Kawhi would be a jeff green type player..but those last 3 games changed my opinion.

At this moment i still wouldn't trust him outside that spurs system and give him a huge payday though, nor give up a top 5 pick for him

The hype next year is gonna be real. He's just not a 25ppg guy. He fits perfect on a team like the spurs or a contender in need of a SF who can give u buckets but most importantly give you Defense and rebounding.

Jeff Green is trash. I see him play year round he hot garbage. Never consistent. He is a guy who needs to come off the bench for a contender that can finish the game for you as well. 

With that being said I would take Kawhi in the top 5 in this years draft if I know what I know now. He'll be #4 or #5 based on his all around game.

Crean, dude couldn't adjust to Cuse zone.
Dude owes Wade his career.

The hype next year is gonna be real. He's just not a 25ppg guy. He fits perfect on a team like the spurs or a contender in need of a SF who can give u buckets but most importantly give you Defense and rebounding.

Jeff Green is trash. I see him play year round he hot garbage. Never consistent. He is a guy who needs to come off the bench for a contender that can finish the game for you as well. 

With that being said I would take Kawhi in the top 5 in this years draft if I know what I know now. He'll be #4 or #5 based on his all around game.
Green liable to go off for 40 a random night once every season.

Dare I say I think Kawhi is going to be slightly overrated going into next season.

Love him as a player but he needs to improve his offense now that teams are going to pay a lot more attention to him. Seen dudes say he's going to be a top 5-10 player in the League next season 
laugh.gif

Kawhi could easily avg 18-22 ppg, :smh: dudes already predicting his ceiling like he isnt about to turn 23, he was the 4th option all season, you expect him to avg 20+ playing with 3 hof players still at the top of their game :lol:

Kawhi could easily avg 18-22 ppg,
mean.gif
dudes already predicting his ceiling like he isnt about to turn 23, he was the 4th option all season, you expect him to avg 20+ playing with 3 hof players still at the top of their game
laugh.gif
the thing is that kawhi doesnt seem like hes an aggressive forward. he never demands the ball and strictly scores on effort/clean ups and open jumpers. not that its a bad thing but its tough to see him average more than 16-18 ppg especially if TP is dominating the ball every game.

FYI, pointi

Can we agree to stop pointing to awards for this rookie class as any indication of anything? They were pretty damn awful. Second team all rookie this year really doesn't mean anything.

Kawhi could easily avg 18-22 ppg,
mean.gif
dudes already predicting his ceiling like he isnt about to turn 23, he was the 4th option all season, you expect him to avg 20+ playing with 3 hof players still at the top of their game
laugh.gif
the thing is that kawhi doesnt seem like hes an aggressive forward. he never demands the ball and strictly scores on effort/clean ups and open jumpers. not that its a bad thing but its tough to see him average more than 16-18 ppg especially if TP is dominating the ball every game.
You sir, just described, my 1-B favorite player, Kevin Durant 
laugh.gif
 ....A forward that doesn't seem aggressive and never demands the ball

.....And Westbrook dominates the ball more than Parker ever has or will

Last edited:
Can we agree to stop pointing to awards for this rookie class as any indication of anything? They were pretty damn awful. Second team all rookie this year really doesn't mean anything.
I'll agree with that, however people acting like Cody put up numbers like Otto(even though he sat most the season) 

The fact is that he improved as the season went on, which is all you want from a young player who is in a bench role getting 15 mins a night

You really think Kevin Durant only scored on effort clean ups and open jumpers?
I meant it by forward that doesn't seem aggressive and never demands the ball

Kevin Durant has that MIA problem. There are some games KD can be on the court for 5 minutes and you wouldn't even notice it. 

Last edited:
Ford Mock Draft 8.0:
1. Cavs - Embiid
2. Bucks - Parker
3. Sixers - Wiggins
4. Magic - Exum
5. Jazz- Vonleh
6. Celtics - Gordon
7. Lakers - Smart
8. Kings - Payton
9. Hornets - McDermott
10. Sixers - Randle