2014 NBA Draft Thread

wiggins is joe johnson

is that fair?

Top notch isolation and post scorer who gets almost all of his points off of jumpshots and floaters and is also a sniper from 3... does that sound like Wiggins? :lol:

I don't think Gerald Green is a good comparison because Green's been a really good shooter since he was 18 and has worse handles. He's just a guy that can hit ridiculously tough shots at a high rate. If Wiggins was hitting shots like Gerald Green, he'd be no doubt the 1st pick. Wiggins is much better at other stuff though - attacking the rim, defending, etc.

It's hard to find a comparison for Wiggins because he's being drafted as a guy that's not close to a finished product. He did all of his good stuff in college without a consistent jump shot, without a tight handle and without the ability to finish in traffic. He showed flashes of those things though. He could turn into a Paul George type player who attacks the rim more. But he has A LOT of work to do.

Bruh you act like they can't work on his handles even if they aren't the greatest.

He's been working on his handles his whole life. It's not easy to go from a bad ball handler to a really good one. A FEW people do it but it's not the norm. Normally straight line ball handlers stay that way their whole career. Guys like Harrison Barnes and Gerald Green don't turn into TMac no matter how hard they work.

He's been working on his handles his whole life. It's not easy to go from a bad ball handler to a really good one. A FEW people do it but it's not the norm. Normally straight line ball handlers stay that way their whole career. Guys like Harrison Barnes and Gerald Green don't turn into TMac no matter how hard they work.

Exactly.

Yeah you guys are confusing handles with scoring instincts, you can have an under developed handle and lack scoring instincts.

Its difficult to teach a scoring instincts, but you can teach a guy to have better handles and be stronger with the ball.

Harrison Barnes couldn't get into the paint consistently in college, he lacked scoring instincts and he had a below average handle.

Zach Lavin on the other hand has flashy cross over move, but he couldn't consistently beat his man and penetrate in the half court, doesn't have the scoring instincts, hence the lack of free throws.

Wiggins problem is not getting into the paint, or beating his man, he did all those things and a high rate, generate tons of FTA, he just needs to be stronger with the ball when he gets in the paint, and improve his left hand so he isn't as easily stripped.

It's funny to me that people are like "Jabari is what he is, he's closest to his ceiling".....why? Because he's already actually really good at basketball and not just a freak athlete? He's really damn athletic himself and can probably come into the NBA immediately and score with anyone in the world. He's also only 19 years old and doesn't turn 20 til next March. But yeah, he's already hit his ceiling.

I said the same thing which is why I kind of want the Bucks to lean towards Parker. Guys like LeBron, Melo, Wade, Rose, Durant, didnt get drafted just because of potential. They were already really good. To say any of those guys were already near their ceiling at 18-19 years old because they were already good is dumb. Just like its dumb to say Parker is already near his ceiling.

Last edited:
Too upright when he dribbles too. To me anyways.

that as well, all can be fixed, but this idea that he was Harrison Barnes and he couldn't beat his man consistently in the half court against man to man defenses, isn't true.

Last edited:
Dudes get handles confused with crafty dribbling & theirs only about 5-6 dudes in the league on the same level as wiggins athletically

if the sixers get wiggins AND Gordon
eek.gif

I know it's a long shot but Exum falling to the Lakers would be a dream come true. Can't believe we got the bum *** 7th pick.

When Chad Ford had us taking Thabeet with the #2 pick and I laughed about it.....I start taking it seriously since. :lol:

When Chad Ford had us taking Thabeet with the #2 pick and I laughed about it.....I start taking it seriously since. :lol:

Good lord it pays to be 7'+. As long as you can avoid tripping over your own feet (most of the time) while on the court, you can make millions.

Back
Top Bottom