2014 NBA Draft Thread

I keep thinking some team is gonna be enamored by LaVine's potential and take him top 10. Somebody talk me out of it. I know he's got the 'RAW' label all over him, but does he really have nothing else besides shooting and athleticism?

Sixers need to do everything in their power to get Jabari + Vonleh/Gordon. If this happens i'm hopping on the bandwagon ASAP.

Bari and Greek Freak though :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
OJ some butt and a workout warrior only reason he went 3rd. Never lived up hype.

Chill. OJ was at almost 21 5 and 5 at SC and 26 a game the latter part of the year in a ridiculously efficient manner. Then his workouts going into the draft were getting rave reviews to the point where he was considered to go to Miami at 2. Wade loved him and wanted him instead of beasley.

OJ #1

:smokin :smokin

You know I'm going for the Russy with OJ :lol:

He's still butt tho

Last edited:
I feel like Vonleh's going to shoot up the boards and get himself drafted by the Magic. Hearing he's working out well + his crazy measurements + his fluidity/jumper for a big man. He's the best rebounder in the draft. Even though they have a big hole at PG/SG (depending on what they think Dipo is), I don't think anyone think Tobias Harris is the PF of the future. And he's only 18. Turning 19 in August :x

Your obsession with Aaron Gordon is hilarious considering how much you like Wiggins :lol:

Aaron Gordon give them the same exact thing they have in MKG, not a good fit. MKG can guard some 4's so they could play him next to McDermott.

Alright man, look....

If you were to tell me that Wiggins could be that awesome role player on a great team like Kawhi and just play some of the best defense in the league, grab some boards, hit some open corner 3's and finish on fast breaks I'd completely agree with you...that is the role I think fits him best. The problem is we're talking about drafting him possibly with the #1 pick in hopes of him being a franchise changing player/future superstar and comparing him to some of the best scorers and overall players of the last decade.

Aaron Gordon on the other hand will be drafted somewhere in the top 10 to play a AK47/Marion role which I think he will be absolutely perfect for. He also is just a smart *** player who knows how to win. I love that kid's attitude, motor, defense, everything.

Last edited:
Alright man, look....

If you were to tell me that Wiggins could be that awesome role player on a great team like Kawhi and just play some of the best defense in the league, grab some boards, hit some open corner 3's and finish on fast breaks I'd completely agree with you...that is the role I think fits him best. The problem is we're talking about drafting him possibly with the #1 pick in hopes of him being a franchise changing player/future superstar and comparing him to some of the best scorers and overall players of the last decade.

Aaron Gordon on the other hand will be drafted somewhere in the top 10 to play a AK47/Marion role which I think he will be absolutely perfect for. He also is just a smart *** player who knows how to win. I love that kid's attitude, motor, defense, everything.

"role player" Kwahi with a tidy 29 points on 13 shots. :lol:

He had 28 points combined the previous two games, and that was his career high.

You need to find CanadaTalk.

I actually think a Leonard type role is pretty realistic for Wiggins. Instead of getting caught up in semantics, I do agree with the gist of what Buc was saying. I wouldn't call Leonard a "role player", but I don't think he is equipped to lead a team by any means. There is nothing wrong with Leonard's role or impact and he is going to deservedly get paid some big time money.

What I don't agree with Buc is that Wiggins shouldn't be a top pick. If you can get a player to the caliber of Leonard you're doing your organization really really good.

Yeah Leonard may not look nearly as effective on say the Cavs but it's not like he'd look like trash on any of the lottery teams. He'd still bring all of those little things you need on a winning team.

I guess we should all just go into damage control like you and say every player in the world is great.

If you count defense as 50% of your draft evaluation, anyone should be thrilled if they get a Kawhi-level player anywhere in the draft.

Going to quote y'all in a few years for lulz.
laugh.gif
What exactly are you going to point to for future lulz
laugh.gif

If you count defense as 50% of your draft evaluation, anyone should be thrilled if they get a Kawhi-level player anywhere in the draft.

So this is supposed to be the best draft since 2003 and you'd be thrilled to draft Kawhi Leonard with the #1 pick?

So this is supposed to be the best draft since 2003 and you'd be thrilled to draft Kawhi Leonard with the #1 pick?
This is where we disagree. Bro, with the #1 pick, is picking Parker or Embiid or anyone else really that much more of a sure fire thing? If the Cavs could get a Leonard caliber player with the top pick that is nothing to be ashamed of.

As far as Leonard goes in general, do folks see him in a better light than say, Paul George? I'm just trying to get a clearer picture of how people view Leonard, especially if he would be the focal point of the team.

Jeff Goodman from ESPN:
Joel Embiid arrived in Cleveland on Tuesday and will work out for the Cavaliers and undergo a medical evaluation that will likely determine whether the franchise takes him with the top overall pick in the NBA Draft, multiple sources told ESPN.

The 7-foot Cameroon native is the frontunner to be taken by the Cavs, who hold the No. 1 overall pick in the June 26 NBA Draft, according to multiple sources close to the situation. However, it will depend heavily on his medical evaluation by team doctors since he sat out the end of his freshman campaign with what Kansas  called a stress fracture in his lower back.

Do people see Kawhi Leonard in a better light than Paul George....? Is that a serious question? Talk about prisoner of the moment.

Back
Top Bottom