2014 NBA Draft Thread

wouldnt touch that dude Lance if i was a gm, too many antics and OC.
You're crazy if you think he's that much of a liability
laugh.gif

Lance has gotten WAY better mentally since HS and college.

It still doesn't mean he's a saint but I'll take him

Yea i definitely see yall point about the TO's and shooting problems in a Payton/ Oladipo backcourt...im just looking at it from the franchise point of view in that the Magic are in the process of acquiring talent and basically seeing what happens :lol: ...Ennis would make sense if the team wanted a more safer/traditional pick, but thats not the direction they seem to be going in

Sounds like one way or another Wiggins is going to be a Sixer. Him and his camp want Philly. Interest is mutual.

That interest means nothing if the Cavs or Bucks want him though. Not sure a deal like the 3rd and Thad Young is realistic considering Young has a pretty big contract and plays the same position as TT/Bennett.

I know nothing about what's coming out of the Cavs camp, but I am pretty sure and would bet money that JE will be their #1 pick. Would bet money on it. (Not Literally :lol: .... or :nerd: )

Not only is he more of a need, but you just don't pass on mobile bigs who can potentially change your team on both sides of the ball. (Health issues aside) No one does. Period. I know Luol who's leaving and Alonzo aren't ideal at your wing positions, but a 7'0 center who can anchor your defense and is already showing the capacity to be a competent offensive player at the minimum? No way will the Cavs pass on JE.

I know nothing about what's coming out of the Cavs camp, but I am pretty sure and would bet money that JE will be their #1 pick. Would bet money on it. (Not Literally
laugh.gif
.... or
nerd.gif
)

Not only is he more of a need, but you just don't pass on mobile bigs who can potentially change your team on both sides of the ball. (Health issues aside) No one does. Period. I know Luol who's leaving and Alonzo aren't ideal at your wing positions, but a 7'0 center who can anchor your defense and is already showing the capacity to be a competent offensive player at the minimum? No way will the Cavs pass on JE.
I meaaaan they passed up Nerlens Noel last year granted he sat out a year with the injury. But great points though. Guess we shall see come draft night

I know nothing about what's coming out of the Cavs camp, but I am pretty sure and would bet money that JE will be their #1 pick. Would bet money on it. (Not Literally
laugh.gif
.... or
nerd.gif
)

I meaaaan they passed up Nerlens Noel last year granted he sat out a year with the injury. But great points though. Guess we shall see come draft night
What you just said is absolutely true. Your on point with that comeback. Nerleans is a mobile 7'0 (and growing) big, who has a higher upside DEFENSIVELY than Embiid does. 

Last edited:
A couple thought from Chad Ford's mock draft:

-Not sold on Orlando taking Vonleh over Randle. Orlando needs a physical presence down low, Vonleh gives me that "finesse" feel. Thinking he may start to fall in love with the outside shot rather than bang down low. However, a healthy Vucevic is a beast on the boards so Vonleh might work.

-Also not sold on a backcourt of Payton/Oladipo :x :smh: ... Rather take Ennis @ 12.

-Don't really see Exum signing with Utah :lol:

-I can already see Smart and Cousins getting into a shouting match during practice :lol:

-Don't like the idea of Chicago/Denver trade unless we can land Harris at 11.

-James Young to the Suns :pimp: :pimp:

What you just said is absolutely true. Your on point with that comeback.

Not really. Nerlens wasn't as good of a prospects on both ends of the floor as JE is. Not to mention they passed on Nerlens and failed miserably with Bennet. No way they pass on another 5 again if he's proven to be completely healthy. They are not that dumb.

Not really. Nerlens wasn't as good of a prospects on both ends of the floor as JE is. Not to mention they passed on Nerlens and failed miserably with Bennet. No way they pass on another 5 again if he's proven to be completely healthy. They are not that dumb.
Now JE may be more polished offensively than Nerlens but to say hes not as good as JE defensively you're nuts
laugh.gif
. He's just as good if not better.

Anywho, I could see them taking JE definitely but I just don't see it being a good move especially since Varejo plays around 28-30 minutes a night. Although he has two years left on his contract, I feel like why not draft someone who's going to come in and contribute immediately and not share clock with anyone.

And long term, Lebron LOVES Varejo. They're definitely going to have to keep dude on the team if they even want to begin to think Lebron's going to come back. But at the same time, Varejo's minutes are going to keep diminishing since he is getting pretty old (31). Damn this ***** giving me a headache I would not want to be the Cavs GM right now
laugh.gif

I guess it's really a win, win situation for them

But honestly Joel Embiid is a bigger risk than Nerlens Noel was. The story of Embiid is that he's this good and he's only been playing basketball for 2 years. That's what scares me. He will be a major project, more of a project than Noel will be, and he has back problems after ONLY 2 years of basketball, 2 YEARS!!! Noel had a torn ACL, an injury that we have seen NBA big men recover from and be successful, i.e. Blake Griffin, Al Jefferson, David West, Kendrick Perkins. Embiid has back problems. How many big men have fully recovered from that?

Joel Embiid definitely has the upside to be a great NBA player, but to think the Cavs won't pass.....

Last edited:
If the plan is to keep Irving-Waiters-Bennett, then they have to go with Embiid.

Hawes is a free agent, Varejao is nearly 32 and always missing games and Zeller is a career backup.

If the plan is to keep Irving-Waiters-Bennett, then they have to go with Embiid.

Hawes is a free agent, Varejao is nearly 32 and always missing games and Zeller is a career backup.
Bruh Waiters been on the trading block since November don't think they care too much about keeping him or not.

Yall still sleep on dion, "hes a career 6th man" blah blah

Yall was saying the same thing about monta a couple years back, now he have it all

Yall still sleep on dion, "hes a career 6th man" blah blah

Yall was saying the same thing about monta a couple years back, now he have it all
Idk man, I just feel like they have to keep Kyrie or Waiters. Both can't really play together but hopefully they prove me wrong next year. Both can really play

Back
Top Bottom