2014 NBA Draft Thread

If they draft McDermott they're basically officially giving up on MKG as a starter.

Aaron Gordon would be a perfect fit next to Jefferson.

Your obsession with Aaron Gordon is hilarious considering how much you like Wiggins :lol:

Aaron Gordon give them the same exact thing they have in MKG, not a good fit. MKG can guard some 4's so they could play him next to McDermott.

Last edited:
So what's the best way to post a vid?

My brother was recording the draft lottery and I had no idea... it is hilarious :lol:

Hornets definitely trying to move Henderson. I expect them to be in the running for Born Ready Stevenson as well.

man if the Hornets go after Stevenson... :smh:

they better have their eyes on Parson that would be a good pick up for them.

then draft Zach or PJ

The Best Possibilities
Charlotte Hornets: Michael Jordan is talking big, and the Bobcats have money to spend. Gerald Henderson and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist are nice players, but MKG is in the midst of a full-blown shot reconstruction, and Henderson can’t reliably shoot from deep or create off the bounce.

Stephenson would provide some juice for an offense that needs it, as well as ensure that Kemba Walker isn’t overburdened. He just spent four years learning a defensive system that isn’t much different from what Steve Clifford runs. Charlotte got a taste of winning, and they’re hungry for more.

Here's the rest of the article, pretty interesting read. http://grantland.com/features/the-courtship-of-lance-stephenson/

Last edited:
wouldnt touch that dude Lance if i was a gm, too many antics and OC.

Last edited:
I'd take a look at Stauskas if I were the Hornets.

He'll spread the floor and ease some of the ball handling duties off Kemba.

Last edited:
I've been advocating Mcdermott to the Bobcats forever, I think that Dougie and MKG, would be a perfect combo to offset their weaknesses.

People keep talking about Stauskas ball handling but is it NBA ready enough to have him facilitate and tempo an offense?

People keep talking about Stauskas ball handling but is it NBA ready enough to have him facilitate and tempo an offense?

rookie year? nah

i like him but i see him taking 2-3 years to turn into a solid player. he def has a place in this league IMO

I think he's ready enough to handle the ball in a pinch. Nothing too significant, but enough to play Kemba off the ball here and there.

The dude can play.

Man, you know damn well I didn't ask if the dude can play :lol:

I know he can play but don't think he's in a position to start running the offense in spurts right now. Just keep his butt on the wing playing off of Jefferson and he's found his golden ticket.

Ford's 7.0 Mock Draft has been published.

1. Cavs - Embiid
2. Bucks - Parker
3. Sixers - Wiggins
4. Magic - Vonleh
5. Jazz - Exum
6. Celtics - Gordon
7. Lakers - Randle
8. Kings - Smart
9. Hornets - McDermott
10. Sixers - Saric
11. Nuggets - Harris
12. Magic - Payton
13. T'Wolves - Stauskas
14. Suns - Young

The most interesting tidbit: Bulls and Nuggets have discussed #11 for #16 and #19.

Man, you know damn well I didn't ask if the dude can play :lol:

I know he can play but don't think he's in a position to start running the offense in spurts right now. Just keep his butt on the wing playing off of Jefferson and he's found his golden ticket.

haha I know man.. I hear ya.

Draft just needs to get here.

I think he's ready enough to handle the ball in a pinch. Nothing too significant, but enough to play Kemba off the ball here and there.

Anybody who watched Nik last year can tell you his handle is NBA ready, not like he's going to be strictly a PG anyway.

Can't wait to see him light ************* up.

Vonleh and Payton huh? ...I'm still 50/50 on that

Love Vonleh but would take Ennis at 12 over Payton.

First shock of the draft IMO will be Randlle going #5 to Utah.

For people wondering what the hell he's been up to:

Toward that end, Randle is working out near his Dallas area home three times a day, his mother, Carolyn Kyles, said.

“He’s dropped about 20 pounds,” she said. “He’s eating right. He’s eating healthy.”

A presumption would be that a slimmer, fitter Randle anticipates the need to play more on the perimeter at the NBA level.

Randle has workouts scheduled this week with Orlando, Philadelphia and Boston. He also has a workout scheduled for the Los Angeles Lakers on June 17.

Kyles dismissed the various mock drafts as “everybody expressing their constitutional right to have their own opinion.

“At the end of the day, they don’t have a clue about what the GMs are thinking.”

Last edited:

They trying to go back to the days where they had Jefferson/Milsap/Favors/Kanter

Dat dere front court long jam.

They need a dynamic player on the perimeter Burks ain't the answer. If Exum is there at 5 and they don't take him they're foolish, I'd just feel bad for Exum to go from potentially playing in LA to Salt Lake City.

There are now rumours of sixers discussing a trade scenario with he cavs for number one. Their third pick plus Thad young for number 1.

I'd take it if I were the cavs. They get a proven player (who is only 25) and a potential all star. If the bucks are high on Parker, I would take that in a heart beat.

I don't know how I feel about this as a sixers fan. I guess well just have to wait to see what the cavs do.

They trying to go back to the days where they had Jefferson/Milsap/Favors/Kanter

Dat dere front court long jam.

They need a dynamic player on the perimeter Burks ain't the answer. If Exum is there at 5 and they don't take him they're foolish, I'd just feel bad for Exum to go from potentially playing in LA to Salt Lake City.
Exum might just go back to Australia if he had to live in Utah :lol:

Last edited:
I understand Payton upside and I love his athleticism but with him and Vic as your starting backcourt shooting and turnovers are going to be league worse level.

I like Payton more than Ennis, but Payton/Dipo offensively is scary awful if no one gets a jumpshot.

I've been thinking that Vonleh would pass up Randle on team's boards for quite some time now. That makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom