2014 NBA Draft Thread

Reviewing Smart games the past few days...he's got to be the most egregious flopper ever at the college level I've ever watched. It's really shameful. :lol:

It sounds bad, but that's actually a great skill set to have coming into the NBA nowadays :lol:

Reviewing Smart games the past few days...he's got to be the most egregious flopper ever at the college level I've ever watched. It's really shameful.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Marcus Smart is like a 240 pound Chris Paul on defense.

People are really going to hate him. :lol:

Last edited:
Marcus Smart is like a 240 pound Chris Paul on defense.

People are really going to hate him. :lol:
The leg kickouts, exaggerated head jerking back, arms flying around, running into other players, etc. :lol:

It really is going to be a Chris Paul-level type of hate for him if he continues to do it in the NBA.

Last edited:
The leg kickouts, exaggerated head jerking back, arms flying around, running into other players, etc. :lol:

It really is going to be a Chris Paul-level type of hate for him if he continues to do it in the NBA.

What? People hate Chris Paul? I never noticed.

What? People hate Chris Paul? I never noticed.

I really hope he decides to stop that next year. That is the one thing the really gets to me in his game. the guy is a fierce competitor and can take many hits. He does not need flopping to win games.

Funny how the mock drafts I look at have the top 3 all mixed. Even on the same site they change the top 3 almost daily. Wish some teams would get some trades going. I'm just impatient waiting on the draft. Any trade rumors you've heard about your team on draft day? Pretty silent for milwaukee so far it seems

The Suns, Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are the ones who have mentioned trade interest. Other than that, the Sixers have 7 draft picks. I'm sure they would have enough to trade up.

Have to throw in the T'Wolves at this point. A Love trade seems inevitable at this point.

Have to throw in the T'Wolves at this point. A Love trade seems inevitable at this point.

True. I would also throw in Charlotte trading in their pick for a decent wing who can shoot the ball. And how can I forget the Cavs!

Suns - Multiple picks and young talent wanting to trade for an established veteran all star (or maybe even trade up)
Celtics - In the sweepstakes for a Love trade
Lakers - wanting to acquire a proven all start to play with Kobe
Cavs - Rumored to be shopping their pick for an established all star as well (I think it's a bad idea though)
Sixers - Possibly trade up with some of their 7 picks :x .
Kings - Trade pick for a proven player since they are pressured to win now.
Wolves - Trading Love for a lottery pick + players
Hornets - I would really like to see them trade their pick for Arron Afflalo. I think everybody wins here. The Magic with their rebuilding plan, The Hornets with an established wing, and Afflalo being a key player in a playoff team. That would be dope 8)

If the Bucks end up with Embiid, I do see them trading Sanders, maybe not in draft day though.

I heard Sixers are trying to trade up from 10. Sounds like they want Wiggins and Gordon from what I heard.

I heard Sixers are trying to trade up from 10. Sounds like they want Wiggins and Gordon from what I heard.

Wiggins and Gordon would make us the worst offensive team in the league. Lol

We would beast defensively though.

Thoughts on Kyle Anderson?

He may be the leading candidate to get drafted by the Grizz. Probably one of the players on the lower end of the draft that could start for us at SF Day 1. Of course, he lacks athleticism, but I think the Grizz are looking to put an athlete at SG. He has all of the other skills they are looking for, though.

Two biggest questions regarding Anderson are: what position does he guard and will the team that drafts him allow him to dominate the ball?

He may be the leading candidate to get drafted by the Grizz. Probably one of the players on the lower end of the draft that could start for us at SF Day 1. Of course, he lacks athleticism, but I think the Grizz are looking to put an athlete at SG. He has all of the other skills they are looking for, though.

Initially I was like, nah, can't see him starting at SF for the Grizz then I thought about how the pieces around him could cover up for him defensively.

Grizz would need a DYNAMIC SG tho, otherwise, where is the outside shooting coming from?

Thunder fans think he will fall to us and we'll take him, most are either way up or way down on him. I mean, duke's nickname is literally "Slow mo." I like KJ McDaniels more if he can fall to us a 29 or 21. Jerami Grant was in OKC this weekend too

Last edited:
Two biggest questions regarding Anderson are: what position does he guard and will the team that drafts him allow him to dominate the ball?

I think he would be allowed to dominate the ball. Grizz are looking for someone that will take more pressure off Conley handling the ball so much. It tires him out at the end of games and playing off the ball will allow him to have more legs in crunch time.

In terms of position, it really depends on who the Grizz are looking to start at SG. They have enough good perimeter defenders to put Anderson on the weaker offensive player. You rarely face a team in the NBA today with 2 great offensive players at both the SG and SF position. When I think about how he plays and his athleticism, it reminds me a little bit of Parsons in a way. I think the coaching staff can increase his effort on the defensive end.

Initially I was like, nah, can't see him starting at SF for the Grizz then I thought about how the pieces around him could cover up for him defensively.

Grizz would need a DYNAMIC SG tho, otherwise, where is the outside shooting coming from?

Yea, then you have to factor in who he will be replacing at SF. Tayshaun Prince :lol:

At this point, any player would be an improvement over Prince and Anderson brings a similar dynamic to the table as Prince did. Joerger listed the 4 things he is looking for (playmaking, high basketball IQ, shooting and athleticism being the last thing). Anderson is a question mark with his shooting, but did improve from freshman yr to sophmore yr.

As you said, the biggest issue will be who Memphis puts at SG. You don't necessarily need a guy that can handle the ball with both Conley and Anderson out there, but you do need an athlete who can shoot it.

Thunder fans think he will fall to us and we'll take him, most are up and down on him. I mean, duke's nickname is literally "Slow mo." I like KJ McDaniels more if he can fall to us a 29 or 21. Jerami Grant was in OKC this weekend too

I want to like Jermai Grant, but I just can't :lol: . Physically, he has all of the tools to be a good SF in the league. I think he fits the mold of what OKC likes in a player, though. Length and athletic. The hardest thing for me is his outside shot. Anderson is not the best outside shooter in the world, but at least I did see some improvement out of him from Year 1 to Year 2. OKC is the kinda team that can allow Jermai to work on 3 point since they will not be in a rush to play him. Memphis on the other hand? nahhhh

Last edited:

Kyle Anderson can't play SF, let alone start for a team at SF, he's a PF all the way.

It's funny when people compare him to Boris Diaw, Boris was like 1000 times more athletic at the same age, hell even with the spare tire Boris is quicker.

Last edited:
Kyle Anderson can't play SF, let alone start for a team at SF, he's a PF all the way.

It's funny when people compare him to Boris Diaw, Boris was like 1000 times more athletic at the same age, hell even with the spare tire Boris is quicker.

:nerd:

You sure you're not confusing him with someone else? We're talking Jalen Rose-lite here, not Anthony Mason-lite. There's no way he's banging in the post or guarding 4's on the block.

I disagree, I think Kyle will eventually play that Jalen Rose role. PG in stretches, but mostly SF.

Plus if I'm the Grizzlies I rather draft a SG and play Tony Allen at SF.

Thunder fans think he will fall to us and we'll take him, most are either way up or way down on him. I mean, duke's nickname is literally "Slow mo." I like KJ McDaniels more if he can fall to us a 29 or 21. Jerami Grant was in OKC this weekend too
McDaniels is a much better fit for OKC.

Anderson isn't close to the athlete that Parsons is. Memphis should be looking at wings who can shoot. Hairston, Warren, Young. Warren and Hairston may be gone and they'll get stuck with Young :lol:.

Jerami Grant is a PF. Don't see anyone drafting him to play SF. 

Back
Top Bottom