2014 NBA Draft Thread

:lol: just saying, embiid would be exactly what the cavs need rather than getting someone like wiggins.

There was an interesting point in an article I read. The cavs were no good with Deng (an established player) so if they are in win now mode. Why on earth would they pick a guy who is in the same position as Deng and would be a lot less productive his first few years.

I see the cavs picking Embiid out of highest two way potential AND need.

I know right...who the hell would wanna give up anything for a 6'7 point guard who's a triple double threat every night that just won ROY.

Scrub.

Farmer for MCW. Do it Mitch.
I mean, MCW had a great year and surprised but nobody is going to give you that much for him. That doesn't mean he isn't a nice young piece though.

cavs really want to stay in the lottery forever if they pass on embiid, how can one team get so many top draft picks and still be bad.

I can see why. That's the only thing they can consistently win. Think about it. Their success rate is phenomenal. Why would you want to change that? Lol

There was an interesting point in an article I read. The cavs were no good with Deng (an established player) so if they are in win now mode. Why on earth would they pick a guy who is in the same position as Deng and would be a lot less productive his first few years.

I see the cavs picking Embiid out of highest two way potential AND need.
Deng didnt want to be there

View media item 1013875
Have it all :pimp: :smokin

Vonleh has potential to be the next Bosh. An underrated prospect IMO is James Young. Dude may not be the most athletic but has the size and long *** arms to be a force in this league. And he gets to the rack. But his decision making skills aren't there yet which is probably whats hurting his stock

Man if Embiid gets passed up on TWICE, something is seriously wrong with these front offices.
bucks aren't gonna take him i think, they've got enough bigs so they'll take either parker or wiggins.

sixers with MCW, noel and embiid is gonna be a fun team to watch. also they have a shot at 10 to get another solid rookie.

Last edited:
I think I'd like to see Jabari and Harris in Philly. I think they would fit in well next to MCW, Young, Noel and the rest of the D-Leaguers.

I know right...who the hell would wanna give up anything for a 6'7 point guard who's a triple double threat every night that just won ROY.

Scrub.

Farmer for MCW. Do it Mitch.

Yes, completely misconstrue what I said. You said "a hell of a haul". Not anything. MCW is still an awful shooter and questionable decision maker. Winning ROY with this draft class is an amazing feat, right?

Besides, there are two better PG prospects in this draft than MCW. Teams would be more likely to make a big move if they fell in love with them IMO.

Ideally for me in terms of best fit/excitement/needs/etc it would be..

Cavs-Embiid
Bucks-Wiggins
Sixers-Parker

Last edited:
Besides for the potential factor in Embiid, drafting him would allow them to move Tristan (for a SF like Ariza) and let their other #1 pick get his confidence back and flourish at his natural position (PF) full time. Kinda like knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone.

Embiid will add muscle, all these skinny big men that get drafted do down the line.

AB and Embiid will complement each other well.

Last edited:
Besides for the potential factor in Embiid, drafting him would allow them to move Tristan (for a SF like Ariza) and let their other #1 pick get his confidence back and flourish at his natural position (PF) full time. Kinda like knocking out 2 birds with 1 stone.

Embiid will add muscle, all these skinny big men that get drafted do down the line.

AB and Embiid will complement each other well.

I can dig this idea.

Definitely think TT is the first Cavalier to get moved if they decide to do so.

Front office wants to ride out Dion/Kyrie in hopes that they can make it work.

I'm just torn about this #1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom