2014 NBA Draft Thread

I can see it.....no matter how good Lavine becomes, OKB will never give him credit. NEVER.

nonsense, I give Eric Bledsoe has turned into a great player, I give him tons of credit after ******** on him at draft time when people were saying he was a lottery pick.

If Zach Lavin becomes Westbrook, thats fine, but I have a process in the way I look at draft prospects, and I'm not going to dismantle it because of the occasional, Bledsoe and Lavine.

I think its an insane risk for Lavine to go in the top 10 or as a lottery pick, I don't really care how high he jumps or how great he looks against pylons.

Last edited:
C'mon OKB that's the coaches son :lol: Levine deserved more minutes, especially after his hot start last season

I was being someone what trollish but

Bryce was a more consistent 3 point shooter and a better fit beside Kyle.

If Zach learns to play the most difficult position in basketball and gains 40 pounds, and becomes a more consistent shooter then obviously i'll be wrong, but the draft is about assessing risk, and thats too much risk for me as a lottery pick.

Last edited:
If a team want's to pick Zach LaVine in the lottery so what don't get why some are so against that

in 2012 Meyers Leonard & Austin Rivers went top 10 & 2011 you had Jimmer Fredette & Alec Burks go top 12

That 2010 Draft draft lottery :x :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't know player comparisons had to involve vertical leaps.
My bad.... Just don't see any Jamal in him.  Very different in regards to ball handling and athletic ability is what I should have put.  But I'm high on LaVine like many others now are.

Always hard to judge a player that young but if he develops, keeps growing, and learns how to use that athleticism in games, I see him being a potential all star

I would put Zach Lavin in the James Young class of prospects and neither of them are in my top 20.

I agree with him and Young being in the same class of prospect. LaVine is benefiting from being less heralded coming out, people thinking that he can play point and a stupid vertical picture circulating through the Internet.

I agree with him and Young being in the same class of prospect. LaVine is benefiting from being less heralded coming out, people thinking that he can play point and a stupid vertical picture circulating through the Internet.

He's also benefitting from how much Russ has panned out in the L.

Those vert numbers are cool but if you can't translate it directly to on-court production, they don't really matter.

What good is all that athleticism if you're settling for jumpers? *Shrugs*

It's why these athleticism test are almost pointless. They tell you very little about how effective one will be in an NBA game context, with the exception of maybe measurements.

Those vert numbers are cool but if you can't translate it directly to on-court production, they don't really matter.

For perspective, OJ Mayo tested with a 41 inch vert in the combine coming into the draft.

Luke Jackson tested a higher vert than JR Smith and Andre Iguodala in his class, may have even been the highest in the class iirc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom