2014 NBA Draft Thread

Those 7 and 4 stats remind me of something. How much hype did Paul George have rookie year?

People are excited about his potential and what he can become, not his per game averages at 18/19 years old. We already went over this with Drummond.

None whatsoever

Uh, he probably has the same amount of "hype" that Giannis has. Basketball people that pay attention to smaller markets see a long, athletic wing showing off good things at a young age and there's hope for more. It's not like the national media is painting this guy as a superstar or calling him ROY. It's hardcore bball fans that are excited about his potential. Same exact thing as PG back then. You can do the research if you want.

None whatsoever

Uh, he probably has the same amount of "hype" that Giannis has. Basketball people that pay attention to smaller markets see a long, athletic wing showing off good things at a young age and there's hope for more. It's not like the national media is painting this guy as a superstar or calling him ROY. It's hardcore bball fans that are excited about his potential. Same exact thing as PG back then. You can do the research if you want.
All I said is PG didn't have any hype when he was drafted.

George wasn't from Greece, which contributed to the fascination with The Alphabet.

Not to mention he literally came onto the draft scene that spring.

I'm not saying Giannis doesn't have potential to be a lot better than he is right now but people have basically painted him as the future franchise player/savior of the Bucks already. I think he can be Nic Batum, but I've seen people say on this site say he can be the Greek KD and has superstar potential and ****

Last edited:
I think Gordon is a blend of AK and Marion. AK didn't have the physical tools Gordon does and Gordon doesn't have shooting ability (at least yet) as Marion. Yet Gordon definitely possesses several traits from both. Motor, defense, all over the floor, similar handle, sort of a jack of all trades

The reason I can't get with the Marion comparison is Gordon isn't anywhere near the rebounder Marion was (then again he's only 18). Relatively disappointing rebounder given his physical traits really.

Last edited:
Really hope the Cavs the embiid. The bucks will if they dont. As a bucks fan I want jabari. Worried the bucks also really like exum

The reason I can't get with the Marion comparison is Gordon isn't anywhere near the rebounder Marion was (then again he's only 18). Relatively disappointing rebounder given his physical traits really.

Also rebounding isn't really something you just one day start doing at an elite level, elite level rebounder are that way from the jump regardless of perceived athleticism or size. Its probably the easiest most directly translatable statistic from college to pros.

Shawn Marion been an elite rebounder since Nevada, hard to see AG doing that.

Thats why I think the AK-47 ceiling is more accurate.

Also rebounding isn't really something you just one day start doing at an elite level, elite level rebounder are that way from the jump regardless of perceived athleticism or size. Its probably the easiest most directly translatable statistic from college to pros.

Shawn Marion been an elite rebounder since Nevada, hard to see AG doing that.

Thats why I think the AK-47 ceiling is more accurate.

Yup. Always said that. Rebounding and Free throw attempts (if you're evaluating how good of a wing will be in the league as far as being able to score) almost always translate.

Has there been any updates on Julius Randle? He seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth since the combine. :lol:

Weird that he didn't go to the Lakers workout the other day when everybody else in his range did.

I guess he doesn't think he'll drop down to #7. Or he's got a promise?

Last edited:
I'm not saying Giannis doesn't have potential to be a lot better than he is right now but people have basically painted him as the future franchise player/savior of the Bucks already. I think he can be Nic Batum, but I've seen people say on this site say he can be the Greek KD and has superstar potential and ****
Fair enough. A Batum comparison likely more accurate than a poor man's Durant. We're excited about "Greek Freak's" physical frame, length, and athleticism. Also, his jump shot has major potential in terms of range and consistency.

Randle been in the cut......probably eating or raising his family since he's actually 35 years old.

I'm obviously on the Giannis Alphabet bandwagon but I worry about his shooting only because of his massive hands. His stroke is fine but I can see how hard it would be to become an elite 40% range 3 point guy when the ball is literally a grapefruit in in your palms.

Back
Top Bottom