2014 NBA Draft Thread

Just finished writing up on Aaron Gordon.

Prospect Profile: Aaron Gordon

Tell em what you guys think. :pimp:

Aside from a few grammatical errors, I like the article overall, especially with short clips to help prove your point. One suggestion, though is to have a NBA comparison for a prospect. I know it may be overdone and often incorrect, but it always gives readers a rough idea of what to expect from the prospect. Personally, from your writeup, I got the feeling that Gordon is somewhere between Kenneth Faried and Blake Griffin.

I like Shabazz @ 21 for OKC. Groom him as the backup before Reggie Jackson bounces

Wish they could get Elfrid. He'll be long gone at 21 though. I think 21 is too high for Bazz. They should draft a Thabo replacement there.

Buc Em always gets weirdly personal with players he doesn't like :lol:

Just finished writing up on Aaron Gordon.

Prospect Profile: Aaron Gordon

Tell em what you guys think. :pimp:

Aside from a few grammatical errors, I like the article overall, especially with short clips to help prove your point. One suggestion, though is to have a NBA comparison for a prospect. I know it may be overdone and often incorrect, but it always gives readers a rough idea of what to expect from the prospect. Personally, from your writeup, I got the feeling that Gordon is somewhere between Kenneth Faried and Blake Griffin.
In that case, a Draymond Green x Andrei Kirilenko hybrid.

Wow weren't people raving about James Young just a few weeks ago? Now all I see is slander on him... my how opinions change...

On another note, none of the mock drafts I saw got GRIII in the 1st round. I hope he falls to Cavs in the 2nd round. I think he has a good potential to be a 3andD player.

You must be talmbout a different message board. NOBODY was jumping on the James Young bandwagon, even after his Final Four performance.

You'll find twice as many people critical of him as you will people who actually like his game. Dude is a honey bun.

I'm still going with lamar odom for gordon's nba counterpart. More of an athlete/defender and less of a playmaker but they share a lot of the same traits

i think jabari will be the best player right away and in the long run . lets see , hopefully this is just like the 03 draft with lebron ( wiggins ) , melo ( parker ) , embiid ( better than bosh hopefully or toronto bosh is good enough ) and a sleeper superstar like d wade and im sure a few more guys came in that year .....i doubt wiggins is the next mj/kobe/lebron though ......i THINK dont roast me nt , i said THINK he is demar derozan.......

Aaron Gordon is an awesome passer as well though.

No I agree but I would give odom the slight edge. LO was also a solid, versatile defender but I would give gordon the edge there. Both can lead the break, unselfish guys that are best on offense when they can just catch, one dribble and finish. Odom also the better shooter

Phil Jackson would always gush about lamar's ability to defend multiple positions, rebound and lead the break and how dynamic that was to the team. Gordon seems to have a better head on his shoulders with similar ability

Last edited:
Wow weren't people raving about James Young just a few weeks ago? Now all I see is slander on him... my how opinions change...

On another note, none of the mock drafts I saw got GRIII in the 1st round. I hope he falls to Cavs in the 2nd round. I think he has a good potential to be a 3andD player.

You must be talmbout a different message board. NOBODY was jumping on the James Young bandwagon, even after his Final Four performance.

You'll find twice as many people critical of him as you will people who actually like his game. Dude is a honey bun.

James Young would have flourished on a team like UCONN or Syracuse due to solid PG play. You guys have to understand he was put in a lot of tough situations at Kentucky because Drew refused to be a PG until the SEC tourney. Another factor is Kentucky's lack of a consistent offense, we would milk the shot clock down to 3 or 4 secs then put Young in a situation where he had to take a bad shot, especially if Randle couldn't bully his way down low.

Not saying he's going to be the best player in this draft or be a star in the league, but I think Phoenix is the perfect fit at 14.

Cliff developed a nice jumper out to 3 point range by his fourth year in the league, Gordon will never have his touch
Hate to admit it as an Arizona fan, but truth. Clifford Robinson had range on his jumper. Gordon's jump shot will improve but probably not quite to Cliff's level.

James Young wouldn't have "flourished" at Syracuse or UCONN. His candy *** wouldn't fit in with those tough, smart teams. Maybe he would have flourished at Montana State or somethin.

James Young wouldn't have "flourished" at Syracuse or UCONN. His candy *** wouldn't fit in with those tough, smart teams. Maybe he would have flourished at Montana State or somethin.
Wow, I thought I disliked James Young. The vitriol. Buc Viper.

Rodney hood gonna be the best player in this draft when its all said & done

I love jabari but hood have it all
laugh.gif

I hope that you're from Mississippi. 

Aaron Gordon is an awesome passer as well though.
No I agree but I would give odom the slight edge. LO was also a solid, versatile defender but I would give gordon the edge there. Both can lead the break, unselfish guys that are best on offense when they can just catch, one dribble and finish. Odom also the better shooter

Phil Jackson would always gush about lamar's ability to defend multiple positions, rebound and lead the break and how dynamic that was to the team. Gordon seems to have a better head on his shoulders with similar ability
Lamar Odom had a great head on his shoulders til his last two seasons. Those dang Kardashians will ruin an athlete's career while their with them (i.e. Miles Austin, Reggie Bush, Kris Humphries)

Lamar Odom had a great head on his shoulders til his last two seasons. Those dang Kardashians will ruin an athlete's career while their with them (i.e. Miles Austin, Reggie Bush, Kris Humphries)
Reggie is getting better post-Kim.
And so did Kris Humphries. He put up career numbers the season after she left. Just more reason to believe the Kardashians are like the Madden Curse or something

Yea but he would flat out disappear for days at a time, prior to his 6moy era. With gordon you're not getting quite as much skill, although it's close and the potential is there, but he more than makes up for it with effort and consistency

Last edited:
i think jabari will be the best player right away and in the long run . lets see , hopefully this is just like the 03 draft with lebron ( wiggins ) , melo ( parker ) , embiid ( better than bosh hopefully or toronto bosh is good enough ) and a sleeper superstar like d wade and im sure a few more guys came in that year .....i doubt wiggins is the next mj/kobe/lebron though ......i THINK dont roast me nt , i said THINK he is demar derozan.......
Vonleh=bosh

Embiid might be the one to put this draft over the 03 draft if everyone pans out.

Back
Top Bottom