2014 NBA Draft Thread

It baffles me how people don't understand that the Bobcats had a top 10 defense this year largely because of MKG.
everybody know he can play defense.....it's just his struggles w/ his mid range....that's all the kid needs man 
mean.gif

You really think Porter would go ahead of any of McDermott, Lavine, Hairston, Hood or Early in this draft? Let's not act like he set the world on fire at Georgetown, he averaged like 16 points a game. That was one of the worst draft classes ever last year. All of those players have more potential than Porter IMO and those are all guys around the same size and position as him.

everybody know he can play defense.....it's just his struggles w/ his mid range....that's all the kid needs man 
mean.gif
Mark Price is gonna work on the hitch this summer. He didn't want to change too much at one time last year and cause the kid to have confidence issues.

If he can get a solid 18 footer it'll change his game completely. Will let him attack more which is where he thrives like game 2 against Miami

You really think Porter would go ahead of any of McDermott, Lavine, Hairston, Hood or Early in this draft? Let's not act like he set the world on fire at Georgetown, he averaged like 16 points a game. That was one of the worst draft classes ever last year. All of those players have more potential than Porter IMO and those are all guys around the same size and position as him.

Umm, Otto Porter was the best player in the country last year. He scored 16 ppg in a slowed down princeton offense. He was much better than McDermott.

I still fully believe Bennett and Porter will turn into fine players.

Otto had a ridiculous SO year and this past reflected that. Defensively, especially.

He'll be fine. Too smart, works too hard to fail. As explained prior, his health and situation (Ariza, desperate coach) did him no favors.

I was high on Otto Porter last year, as I felt that he was the most NBA ready prospect, he was the hometown kid (Georgetown in Washington DC), and he would have been the perfect compliment 3rd to the Wall-Beal tandem, for the next 10+ years (i.e like the Westbrook, Durant, Jeff Green trio early on). Although I understand he had injuries, it was VERY alarming that when healthy he didn't take all of Martell Webster's minutes, and didn't push Trevor Ariza, who got hot late into the season and playoffs, for more minutes. Also when he was on the floor he looked lost and stiff, and struggled shooting. Anthony Bennett was a work in progress and EVERYONE knew that when he was drafted, but for someone like Porter who looked like could be effective from Day One, it's kinda more worrisome.

If Otto Porter was in any conversation for best player in the nation last year I think we know why that draft class was so terrible :lol:

If Otto Porter was in any conversation for best player in the nation last year I think we know why that draft class was so terrible
laugh.gif
The fact Anthony Bennett & Otto Porter were Cleveland's only 2 choices at #1, speaks volumes 
laugh.gif

mean.gif
Mark Price is gonna work on the hitch this summer. He didn't want to change too much at one time last year and cause the kid to have confidence issues.

If he can get a solid 18 footer it'll change his game completely. Will let him attack more which is where he thrives like game 2 against Miami
hopefully price get it right 
tired.gif

He shoots on the way down :smh:

Stop trying to learn how to shoot and just get a go to move or 2 so you can get to the basket more often.

Whats everybody's floor and ceiling on Jahii Carson?

Could be a big sleeper just don't know if his jumper is ever going to be a +

Last edited:
Whats everybody's floor and ceiling on Jahii Carson?

Could be a big sleeper just don't know if his jumper is ever going to be a +

ceiling-end of the bench guy
floor-dleague/overseas

dont see him on an nba roster when the season starts
lacks the skills to be a pg at the next level. athletic but in the nba, all the guys are pretty much athletic (and the guys are bigger than him)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom