2014 NBA Draft Thread

I can't decide if a more athletic Draymond Green would be Aaron Gordon's ceiling or basement.

For the record, I do like both.

I'd say that's his first floor.

I see the same defensive capability and IQ though Draymond came in a little more polished but he was also 22 to Gordon's 19.

Gordon is a far superior athlete though, Draymond didn't have anything offensively in his first year but look at him now. I think playing for a good team also had something to do with his progression.

I also think folks are underrating Gordon's ability to put the ball on the floor/court vision and IQ in offensive situations, Sean Miller really didn't use him to all of his potential by having him on the wing so much.

I'm watching/writing on Gordon right now. I've gotten through three games so far (Duke, Michigan, Colorado) and still have two more to go (UCLA Pac12 Championship, Wisconsin).

I understand, but it's Martell Webster. If it were Carmelo, or even someone like Kevin Martin, it would make sense to play them for the minutes you spent big money on, but this is from role minutes. I personally think it has more to do with skill and level of play, rather than politics and management.

Wittman was coaching for job security and was going with the guys who gave this team the best chance to compete/win on a nightly basis...Also, if you don't think that Martell Webster wasn't a more valuable and better player than Otto Porter last year, then I dunno what to tell you. Porter was like a fish out water last year and COMPLETELY overmatched. Part of that was due to his injury and missing both training camp and preseason. Dude was nowhere near ready to contribute.

Last edited:
I love him. He'll go top 12 next year.

Can't see RHJ not gettin' busy next year but it'll be interesting to see how things pan out with Stanley coming in and Ashley coming back.

Does Miller go Caleb, Ashley, RHJ, Stanley, and TJ as his starting 5? The length on D :x

Last edited:
Beige Brigade getting a little darker but that defense is going to be unheard of, they going to be holding teams to football scores.

Rich Homie Jefferson just gotta keep developing the jumper, get 2-3 go to moves and he have it all.

Freak athlete/rebounder/defends 1-3 and he got that dog in him.

Last edited:
My son Kadeem Allen is on that Zona team too...gonna love watching them this year.

Ennis's shot looking real good in that video. I still believe Marcus Smart is gonna be a really good player in the league.

I feel like Smart is almost bust proof from being a contributing starter unless he is a blackhole and is a psychopath.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Smart fell out of the top 10

It would surprise me, guys like him don't come around often.

The only thing holding him back is his jumper which is easily fixable considering that he's a gym rat and loves to be coached. Jumper is already looking better in that video and he's going to be a bully from game 1.

Vonleh shoots like a girl but damn if that kid doesn't have some of the longest arms I've seen.

Last edited:
Hopefully I'm wrong

I'm a big fan of lottery prospects who decide to stay an extra year

His mental checkouts and shot selections scared me and maybe some GMs a bit. Dude has a unique feel for the game either way

Don't really see Smart being all that good. He's undersized and couldn't shoot over 30% from 3 in any of his two years. Seems like the type of guy who needs the ball in his hands to succeed but isn't a true PG and isn't good enough to dominate the ball as a SG.

Neither of Smart or Vonleh are gonna fall out of the top 10. Let's be real here.

Don't really see Smart being all that good. He's undersized and couldn't shoot over 30% from 3 in any of his two years. Seems like the type of guy who needs the ball in his hands to succeed but isn't a true PG and isn't good enough to dominate the ball as a SG.
Undersized? You mean oversized, if anything. Smart's frame and physicality are two of his strongest attributes.

Back
Top Bottom