2014 NBA Draft Thread

The most surprising thing is he was supposed to be "nba ready" an ready to step right in and contribute ...but that wasn't the case, he looked lost and timid out there but he was a rookie so can't be too concerned for now...in this draft he definitely woulda been mid to late first
If a kid misses 90% of summer league...100% of training camp...and is just thrown into the fire for 1 minute every 16 games on a playoff team...I'm not exactly sure how you come to the realization that he can't play.

There were plenty of kids drafted in that lottery that actually played 20+ minutes and didn't do ****. Can't say that about Otto because he didn't get that chance.

Barely sniff the first round in this draft?

OK.

Last edited:
First off I said he was a solid mid to late 1st round pick, ain't say nothing about him not sniffing the first round :lol:

And you can defend/ make excuses for him all you want , but all I said is when he did get the chance to play no matter how rare that was he wasn't good out there....he was nowhere near ready, which was the talk about him in the draft and coming into the league...he'll get a chance to play next year and hopefully he does something

Porter was in talks for being the #1 pick last year. Hard to defend someone saying that he'd be a late 1st in this draft.

Porter would still be a top 10 pick in this draft, he was ballin his last year at gtown, yall calling him a mid-late 1st rounder based off what yall seen from him this past season

I've watched a bunch of these Draft Combine Interviews and with every one I hear all of these well spoken, charismatic, composed, confident young dudes.....then I listen to Wiggins speak and it's like hearing somebody scratch a chalkboard. It's so, so, so bad. In every interview I hear him asked some deep version of basically would it matter what team drafts him or not and how he thinks he compares to Jabari, and every time he's just like ":smile: I just want to go #1 :smile:" with this **** eating grin on his face. Never cringed so much hearing somebody speak in my life. The word "bust" just screams in the back of my head as he's speaking. I'm so scared of my team drafting this kid but I'll give him a chance like I'd give anybody else if they played for the Sixers.

The most surprising thing is he was supposed to be "nba ready" an ready to step right in and contribute ...but that wasn't the case, he looked lost and timid out there but he was a rookie so can't be too concerned for now...in this draft he definitely woulda been mid to late first
Baffled me like MKG's defense translating to NBA success.

What about Porter's game made him suck this year?
Perhaps the injury set him back some. Affected his adjustment period and comfort level. He looked passive in a short season.

No love for Nik Stauskus game. I just don't see the top 10 talent everyone else does.
Jumper is NBA-ready, and he can penetrate to an extent.

Bucks last year had me all over the inet looking for anything on this new player we drafted Giannas(not gonna try his last name). Looks like bucks finally drafted a nice player. Looking back he would go top 5 last year if all redone.

Bucks last year had me all over the inet looking for anything on this new player we drafted Giannas(not gonna try his last name). Looks like bucks finally drafted a nice player. Looking back he would go top 5 last year if all redone.
"Giannis Alphabet" or "Greek Freak."

Milwaukee should take his brother too, in the second-round. Thanasis.

It baffles me how people don't understand that the Bobcats had a top 10 defense this year largely because of MKG.

All I Know is the he got 60 dropped on him...twice this year....in back to back games :lol:

I kid I kid...kinda lol never really watched him play.

Porter was in talks for being the #1 pick last year. Hard to defend someone saying that he'd be a late 1st in this draft.

Not a very strong point considering Bennett was drafted #1. He still has the potential to be a solid 3rd/ 4th option behind Beal and Wall.

Man if MKG can work on his jumper this offseason...:banderas:

MKG with a jumper is Kawhi-level.
joke of the day

MKG shooting ceiling is tony allen 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom