2014 NBA Draft Thread

Any Lakers fans want to trade 7 pick for bucks 2nd round 31/36 picks along w sanders and ersan. I'm sure Lakers would have to dump some garbage player to bucks
indifferent.gif

NO

Gary Harris seems to me like he's gonna be an awesome role player/#4 option in the league on a good team. I just don't know if that's worth a top 10-12 pick. I liked him at MSU but his measurements are pretty terrible for an NBA shooting guard and he's not elite in any category, he's just really solid in all. His defense is his best attribute but it's yet to be seen if he'll be able to do that against a lot bigger and more athletic competition every night.

Gary Harris seems to me like he's gonna be an awesome role player/#4 option in the league on a good team. I just don't know if that's worth a top 10-12 pick. I liked him at MSU but his measurements are pretty terrible for an NBA shooting guard and he's not elite in any category, he's just really solid in all. His defense is his best attribute but it's yet to be seen if he'll be able to do that against a lot bigger and more athletic competition every night.
Why not? In an average draft, you can expect 2-3 all-stars, 5 all-stars in a good draft. Why wouldn't a solid role player be a top 10-12 pick? In fact, about 80% of lottery picks are just that, role players. 

Last edited:
if the cavs draft embiid 1st overall they will be making a mistake... he will be a good player in the nba but i see the other players having more potential than him like wiggins and parker... i just feel like it will be the draft like durant over oden again.... oden was pretty good in college but in the nba he was so injury prone that he couldnt do much with his career... just dont want to see the cavs make the same mistake... and besides kyrie they havent been drafting good since... waiters was a decent pick but other than that blah

Last edited:
Any Lakers fans want to trade 7 pick for bucks 2nd round 31/36 picks along w sanders and ersan. I'm sure Lakers would have to dump some garbage player to bucks

The same Larry Sanders that couldn't stay on the court do to suspensions...... Nahhhh, y'all can keep him

If we draft Jabari maybe. If we draft Wiggins I'm not trying to have two project type players as our top 10 picks.

Gary Harris will be a good fit at the 2 next to MCW in Philly ....all he needs is MCW to get him some open shots which he will knock down and play defense, which he does

Even though I would typically like a top 10 pick to have more potential than Harris I feel like he'd be the perfect fit to play in between MCW and Jabari/Wiggins. Like you said all he's gotta do is knock down threes, make smart plays and play defense. All things he really does well.

Here are the top prospects who could potentially fall to number 10 (from bleacher report):
1. Aaron Gordon
2. Dario Saric
3. James Young
4. Zach LaVine
5. Nik Stauskas
6. Gary Harris
7. Doug McDermott

I don't really see Gordon nor Saric falling this low. But hen again, I never thought Bennit would go number one and Noël falling into our laps. You never know. Some gms might just screw up and miss out on those prospects.

If we pick Parker at 3, I'll be willing to take a project like Gordon. But if wiggins lands at 3, I would much rather get a shooter to play sg.

Last edited:
I'm not taking Saric unless it's in the 2nd round if he doesn't give us a commitment to come over this year. I don't trust those international dudes. Take him at 10 and then he doesn't end up coming over for 5 years or never end up coming period.

I'm not taking Saric unless it's in the 2nd round if he doesn't give us a commitment to come over this year. I don't trust those international dudes. Take him at 10 and then he doesn't end up coming over for 5 years or never end up coming period.

I see where you are coming from. Guys like Rubio took two years to come and he was clearly overhyped. However, guys like valanciunas worked out pretty well. I think the sixers can afford for him to stay another year. We are in no hurry to win.

Ps. He is not going second round. That's just not happening.

If y'all get Parker y'all will be good for years to come with Noel and MCW.

Would not be surprised if 76ers want Vonleh to have a Boston trio.

Joel Embiid is more like Amare than Hakeem i would draft Wiggins cause Lebron coming to Cavs is a gamble i wouldnt be willing to take......but lets just say that small chance he comes back to Cleveland you could put Wiggins at 2 and bring Waiters off the bench...Tristan and Lebron do share same agent plus they are close friends...

Amare with defense would have been a superstar anyway

International dudes don't bust at a rate any higher than college players. Only thing is some coaches don't know how to handle foreign players. Brett Brown came from the Spurs so I would assume he does.

Last edited:
I see where you are coming from. Guys like Rubio took two years to come and he was clearly overhyped. However, guys like valanciunas worked out pretty well. I think the sixers can afford for him to stay another year. We are in no hurry to win.

Ps. He is not going second round. That's just not happening.

Oh yeah I know he's definitely not going second round I'm just saying I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him with one of our top 10 picks if we aren't completely sure he wants to play for us. He's only 20...he could end up saying he's cool with just playing overseas for the next 5 years and then we used a top 10 pick on somebody who won't help us build what we could have.

Oh yeah I know he's definitely not going second round I'm just saying I wouldn't feel comfortable taking him with one of our top 10 picks if we aren't completely sure he wants to play for us. He's only 20...he could end up saying he's cool with just playing overseas for the next 5 years and then we used a top 10 pick on somebody who won't help us build what we could have.

I feel like our 10th pick will be decided out of need as opposed to what we will do with our third pick choosing the best talent available.

Also, what are the chances the lakers will accept trading the 7th pick for a 25 year old thad young + 3 of our second round draft pick?

If randle falls that low and we land wiggins, we can potentially have our 2015 starting lineup looking like this:
MCW
Harris
Wiggins/ Parker
Randel
Noel

Nasty.

I feel like international players shouldn't be allowed to enter the draft if they aren't 100% coming that year

If a player is 18 but won't be ready to come over for 3 years then wait 3 ******* years and then enter

it's just stupid. If Saric is gonna be a little B and not come over immediately then he shouldn't be in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom