2014 NBA Draft Thread

Pau? Why would orlando want him
Veteren leadership, good morale player, and what team doesn't want an offensively skilled 7 foot All-Star. Also he comes free, by just swapping picks and moving one spot back, and you can still get a guy high on your board, this year AND last year, in Marcus Smart.

For people who compare Kyle Anderson to Boris Diaw, for as fat as Diaw is/was he was a good athlete when he came into the league, significantly better than Anderson.

Kyle Anderson = Luke Walton?
LMAO!! As a Lakers NBA fan, I won't let you slander Kyle Anderson that bad 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Veteren leadership, good morale player, and what team doesn't want an offensively skilled 7 foot All-Star. Also he comes free, by just swapping picks and moving one spot back, and you can still get a guy high on your board, this year AND last year, in Marcus Smart.

Leadership? :lol:

Why would they trade for a guy past his prime to take mins away from nicholson & harris who are already young valuable pieces just to get marcus smart when exum will fall right into their hands

Nicholson and Harris are both backups/fill-in starters at best IMO. That front court has too many young guys as it is though. They all could use being around a vet like Pau for a couple years.

Leadership?
laugh.gif

Why would they trade for a guy past his prime to take mins away from nicholson & harris who are already young valuable pieces just to get marcus smart when exum will fall right into their hands
So you would pass on Pau Gasol if he was offered to you, to give Nicholson minutes, because Tobias Harris plays the 3. 

Nicholson and Harris are both backups/fill-in starters at best IMO. That front court has too many young guys as it is though. They all could use being around a vet like Pau for a couple years.

Dont disrespect tobias like that, easy 18 & 10 if he got starters mins

So you would pass on Pau Gasol if he was offered to you, to give Nicholson minutes, because Tobias Harris plays the 3. 

Good luck with tobias as your 3 :smh:

Dont disrespect tobias like that, easy 18 & 10 if he got starters mins
Good luck with tobias as your 3
mean.gif
Tobias's listed and true position is the 3, ever since college. The only reason he got mins at the 4 last season, is because they put Afflalo at the 3, and Oladipo at the 2

It's amazing to me that everybody's either like "I don't think anybody in the league would trade for Pau" or "I don't think Pau would go there". So it's either Pau is so terrible that nobody wants him or he's still so good that he's entitled to a no trade clause :lol:

Tobias's listed and true position is the 3, ever since college. The only reason he got mins at the 4 last season, is because they put Afflalo at the 3, and Oladipo at the 2

Did you not see tobias this season, he gained like 20 lbs since college, He was always the 4, mo harkless was the starting 3 when vic was the 6th man & occasional starting pg

Harris can play both but last season and going forward the Magic plan to use him as a 4 thats why they would have liked to grab Wiggins or Parker....and hell no i wouldn't trade for Gasol, it goes against everything the team is trying to do

I woulda loved seeing Exum under Kobe tuteledge, the agent thing just made even more sense but I thought the draft lottery was going to go a lot different.

Don't see how folks can say its fixed when both Boston and LA didn't get in the top 3.

Saric just said he won't come to the NBA if he wasn't drafted by lakers or celtics. Watch Embiid, wiggins, Jabari say the same.

#rigged

Yeah he's not going to be in the NBA next year then.. Neither team seems least bit interested. Helps out a team in the later lottery who can stash Saric away and use up cap space to develop a team, then bring Saric over.

That really sucks to hear that about Saric. Does he realize that the Lakers and Celtics aren't good anymore or are they still watching the 2008 NBA Finals out there in Croatia?

That really sucks to hear that about Saric. Does he realize that the Lakers and Celtics aren't good anymore or are they still watching the 2008 NBA Finals out there in Croatia?

Those 2 franchises are destinations for young guys.

Whether NBA fans want to admit it or not, a lot of young guys want to play for the larger than life franchises.

If you were to ask every single lottery player anonymously, "What team do you want to be on in the lottery?" 90% of them will say Celtics or Lakers.

Last edited:
He said he'll come over this year if he's drafted by the Celtics or Lakers. So in other words if anybody else drafts him he probably isn't coming over this year. And if he's already saying stuff like that then what if he never comes over period?

This trade is realistic, however there are two large obstacles. One is the Lakers have to know that Pau is definitely not returning to the team. The second is Pau would have to OK the S&T. The first obstacle is very probable, but the second would be hard. However, I feel could be sold on it by using there youth, potential for a playoff push, and him being a large focal point of the offense.However, they are far from a contender which he values. 

Lakers won't commit to him long term (by long term, I mean more than one year).. Writing is on the wall. Pau wants to come back, but he doesn't offer them anything in keeping him past this upcoming season.

The obstacle of Pau wanting to play in Orlando is the difference maker. Will he? Unlikely.

Magic would have to clear out some things to have enough room to add another NAME player Luol Deng for Pau to consider because then the team has some chance to make a little noise.

But doing that would mean you have a weird clustering on the roster of Harkless, Deng, Nicholson, Harris, Pau. Someone will not get minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom