2014 NBA Draft Thread

Hope the hornets don't botch this draft....we can really come up [emoji]128591[/emoji]
What do you think about a guy like McDerrmott? They have a nice inside out combo with Kemba & Al, a scoring forward would be a nice fit imo.

really?i dunno. nikola been wrecking havoc in spain , like a historically young age. pairing up the best player in europe with ricky rubio , plus a elite wing defender and a top 16th pick. who can up that?
I would demand more draft picks (which the Bulls do have) and attach a "bad" contract like Martin's with Love.

What do you think about a guy like McDerrmott? They have a nice inside out combo with Kemba & Al, a scoring forward would be a nice fit imo.
I wont mind Doug. My dream scenario is to get a 2 guard who can stretch the floor and create his own shot at 9 and then grab Warren/Hairston/Early at 24

:lol: you got Smart starting over Jameer?

I would, did you watch Jameer last year? Dude is falling off and is on the wrong side of 30.

He shot badly from everywhere, turned the ball over a lot and played terrible defense.

While Smart is going to turn it over a lot, he's going to give you dynamic defense from day 1 and I don't think he'll shoot it worse than injury prone Jameer has been the past two years.

That would be a nice Magic squad:

PG - Smart
SG - Oladipo
SF - T. Harris
PF - Gasol
C - Vučević

6th - Affalo
Role - J. Nelson
Role - A. Nicholson
laugh.gif
you got Smart starting over Jameer?
Jameer not the same man. Every year since Dwight left his production has dropped. Jameer may start the first 15 games (if Smart has a poor Summer League or Pre-Season), but Marcus Smart will have that starting PG job for good.

PG - Smart
SG - Oladipo
SF - T. Harris
PF - Gasol
C - Vučević

6th - Affalo
Role - J. Nelson
Role - A. Nicholson
Harkless would be a good role player too. I think this Magic squad would make the playoffs, especially in the East :lol:

PG - Smart
SG - Oladipo
SF - T. Harris
PF - Gasol
C - Vučević

6th - Affalo
Role - J. Nelson
Role - A. Nicholson
Harkless would be a good role player too. I think this Magic squad would make the playoffs, especially in the East
laugh.gif
Dang! I forgot about Moe. Your slick right about the playoff though. This team could beat the Pacers in 5 
laugh.gif

When will people learn young teams don't flourish like that
laugh.gif
Exactly.  It's reallllly hard to develop multiple high draft picks together.  The Thunder deserve tremendous credit for that, because it's failed many times.

[table][tr][td]
NBA TEAM AVERAGES FOR 2013-14 SEASON
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]
TEAM
[/td][td]
PLAYERS*
[/td][td]
HEIGHT(cm)
[/td][td]
WEIGHT(kg)
[/td][td]
EXP.*
[/td][td]
AVERAGE SALARY
[/td][td]
CONT.*
[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]
Orlando Magic
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
$2,271,524
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Houston Rockets
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
$4,021,262
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Age has no factor, talent is what matters most. The Magic actually have more years of experience also.

When will people learn young teams don't flourish like that :lol:

Raptors, wizards had good seasons, on paper with exum & hood, orlando is already a better team than both of them

Hood is the most slept on player in the draft, easily one of the top scoring threats in the draft

Raptors, wizards had good seasons, on paper with exum & hood, orlando is already a better team than both of them

Hood is the most slept on player in the draft, easily one of the top scoring threats in the draft
How do you figure?  Young players take time to learn to win.

I actually like Orlando's young talent, but you can't expect Exum or anyone else to make them a winner in their rookie seasons.

My man said a young bottom 5 team could go to top 5 by adding exum and hood. Two rookies. One of whom is almost a total unknown. In other words by getting even younger and less experienced. Improve, ok, but I'm not seeing top 5

Last edited:
How do you figure?  Young players take time to learn to win.

I actually like Orlando's young talent, but you can't expect Exum or anyone else to make them a winner in their rookie seasons.

Playoffs are never out of the question in the east & the heat only have about 3 more yrs of dominance in the east, orlando has the most upside out of every other team in the east if they take exum, if he is who they say he is

My man said a young bottom 5 team could go to top 5 by adding exum and hood. Two rookies. One of whom is almost a total unknown. In other words by getting even younger and less experienced.

Hood is a total unknown? :lol:

Hood should be a top 7 pick, he have it all

You will see

All youth doesn't usually work.

You need a mix of youth + the right veterans.

Well their main young guys are going into their third and fourth years in the league besides Oladipo and the two potential top 12 pick rookies. If they made a trade with the Lakers and moved back and were still able to get Smart and picked up Pau as well they would have Pau, Afflalo and Jameer as vet experience on that squad. I really think they could make some noise depending on the impact of their rookies and what kind of jump Oladio/Vucevic/Tobias/Harkless make. That team could be so serious so soon with the right moves.

All youth doesn't usually work.

You need a mix of youth + the right veterans.
Well their main young guys are going into their third and fourth years in the league besides Oladipo and the two potential top 12 pick rookies. If they made a trade with the Lakers and moved back and were still able to get Smart and picked up Pau as well they would have Pau, Afflalo and Jameer as vet experience on that squad. I really think they could make some noise depending on the impact of their rookies and what kind of jump Oladio/Vucevic/Tobias/Harkless make. That team could be so serious so soon with the right moves.
Heyyyy that's what I said 
laugh.gif

Afflalo is the underrated guy in the equation.  He's that right kind of vet.

This trade is realistic, however there are two large obstacles. One is the Lakers have to know that Pau is definitely not returning to the team. The second is Pau would have to OK the S&T. The first obstacle is very probable, but the second would be hard. However, I feel could be sold on it by using there youth, potential for a playoff push, and him being a large focal point of the offense.However, they are far from a contender which he values. 

Back
Top Bottom