2014 NBA Draft Thread

I've been thinking the same thing with Wiggins/Greek Freak. Those two couldn't play together. They kind of got ****** that their one player with a ton of potential is a small forward just like the two guys that could be available to them at #2. Knight-Wiggins-Greek Freak-Henson-Sanders would be awesome defensively but they would score like 70 points a game. Their best bet is if the Cavs draft Wiggins/Parker and Embiid falls to them.

Embiid doesn't plan on meeting with any other team besides the Cavs.

Plan is he does a workout, gets cleared by Cavs medical staff, and is told he's going #1.

Embiid and AB complement each other well if AB eventually pans out.

I wonder if they look to move Tristan if they indeed do draft Embiid.

Need PJ to end up in Charlotte
Yea... I honestly don't even think hel be on the board at 24 despite him not being a 1st rounder in most mocks.  Just too good a shooter and athlete to pass up.

Seems to have his head on straight now.

Hope the 76ers get LaVine at 10 badly.  Not like they don't have the time to develop him.

Also hope the Lakers get Vonleh or Smart if they keep the pick.

Last edited:
I'm still bothered by the Zeller pick. :smh:

But then again, that draft was awful as a whole. :lol:

I really thought Zeller had a chance to be a real solid player in this league but he looked like the most uncoordinated big man in the league this past year.

Also, I was thinking since Jabari and Wiggins are both SF's and so is Greek Freak maybe they could go with Exum....but **** I didn't realize til a minute ago that Brandon Knight averaged 19 and 5 this past year :lol: surprised is an understatement.

Cody has to add some muscle. His strength is running the floor. He just struggles stopping power forwards right now until he adds strength. He improved alot after the all star break and started looking comfortable. I'm not worried about him at all.

I hated Brandon Knight coming outta college. Still dont like him as my PG. I like that he seems motivated and has good work ethic though.

If i'm Charlotte this is my board.

Gordon
Randle
Vonleh
Gary Harris
Nik

Last edited:
Zeller will be fine. The 18 foot jumpers will begin to fall. Becoming a better finisher in the paint is his biggest priority.

Zeller's jump shot wasn't a strength in college so I wouldn't be so confident that they'll begin to fall.

Also, is Gordon really a good idea for Charlotte when they already have MKG? Seems redundant. Might be smart to go best player available though. Wouldn't be surprised if they went McDermott if he's available. That team badly needed shooting last year and he's going to be NBA ready to score.

McDermott or Stauskas make the most sense for the Bobcats Hornets.

Last edited:
Still think the Lakers try to move up somehow for Exum but I don't think they have the pieces.

They're in love with that kid, saw him at more Lakers games than I can count.

This Lakers-Exum thing has really gotten out of hand with me. If Exum signed with Worldwide Wes and not Pelinka, then I feel like none of us would be talking about him to the Lakers. :lol:

I woulda loved seeing Exum under Kobe tuteledge, the agent thing just made even more sense but I thought the draft lottery was going to go a lot different.

Don't see how folks can say its fixed when both Boston and LA didn't get in the top 3.

I woulda loved seeing Exum under Kobe tuteledge, the agent thing just made even more sense but I thought the draft lottery was going to go a lot different.

Don't see how folks can say its fixed when both Boston and LA didn't get in the top 3.

Saric just said he won't come to the NBA if he wasn't drafted by lakers or celtics. Watch Embiid, wiggins, Jabari say the same.

#rigged

Still think the Lakers try to move up somehow for Exum but I don't think they have the pieces.

They're in love with that kid, saw him at more Lakers games than I can count.
S&T with Swaggy P, #7 pick, and future protected first round pick would be a dream come true, but I think the only thing possible would be a S&T with Gasol and #7 pick

Back
Top Bottom