2014 NBA Draft Thread

Shoeking still ain't recovered from OJ peaking as a rookie. :lol:

I thought dude was going be a star since he was like 15.

Pretty sad career arc for OJ. Went from people talking in his rookie year about him coming after Kobe to just a few years later playing like a bum on the worst team in the league.

Pretty sad career arc for OJ. Went from people talking in his rookie year about him coming after Kobe to just a few years later playing like a bum on the worst team in the league.

I'm worried about dude, son started getting fat like a woman who got dropped by a long term boyfriend.

Yeah its this magical thing called talent.

I mean Kentucky and his freshmen seem to have no problem beating high major teams in the NCAA.

Tyler Ennis, XRM, Trey Lyles, Chris Egi, Duan Notice, is a high major squad, and they went 3/3.

also you have to understand that outside of team USA, the international squads have been play together their entire lives.
like I said, ESPN, translated the statistics, from fiba u-19 play to NCAA, its close enough to high major basketball. You are overrating the NCAA and forgetting about all the bad high major teams. The higher talent level, compensates for the age.

Your point? Dario Saric is really good. :lol:

You seem to completely ignore physical development, experience and coaching. Yes, those USA teams may have talent on paper but that doesn't make it high level competition. Just like European teams may not have a ton of talent on paper but the fact that they're physically developed, well coached and experienced is what makes it the highest level of competition outside of the NBA. It's the same reason college is a higher level of competition than HS even if teams have 3-4 FUTURE pro players or top prospects.

These are HS kids before even going through a D1 training camp or weight lifting program. The guy that compared them to AAU tournaments is spot on. That's exactly what it is.

My point with Saric is that he did that THREE years ago - when he was 17. If he was dominating high level competition three years ago, how good do you think he is now??

Shoeking still ain't recovered from OJ peaking as a rookie. :lol:

I thought dude was going be a star since he was like 15.

Bruh this is such a sore spot man :lol: |I

However looking back, I could have predicted that was going to be his peak. When you are mostly a 2 guard who's free throw rate is really low, you would be lucky to average a consistent 18 a game for your career. Dating even back to his HS and SC days, his free throw rate was really low and he never was good at getting by defenders and creating easier shots. It worked in High School and College, he was a great tough shot maker, but you see what's happened to his game as a pro. Can't be a undersized 2 who doesn't have any real athleticism. Results in a over reliance of the jumper.

OJ Still the guy though :smokin

So according to Jason Lloyd (Cavs beat reporter) Jabari Parker has been #1 on their list this whole time.

According to another Cavs beat reporter it's been Wiggins since Day 1.

According to many other people it's Embid at #1

Yep.. Sounds like we have a plan. :smh:

Dominating these U19 international leagues is equivalent to dominating AAU Tournaments in HS.

PS Dante Exum vs USA in the FIBA U19 Championships...7 Pts and 4 Turnovers and some of team USA were JRs in HS, http://www.usab.com/mens/u19/13_mu19_game_05_box.html

Also I will stand behind this 100% but the reason most of these international players do not go to college is bc they would get bodied by the upper classman. Exum is 19 and very well could be a superstar but he's not facing 6'10 PFs and 7 Foot Centers in Austrailia. In fact, Exum may be the only pro caliber player in Austrailia. College on the other hand has 60 players (obviously many more players but most NBA players come from the Power 5 conferences). This is the reason why most HS players dont go straight to the D-league bc physically they can't handle the players who graduated from the NBA and they are scared to get exposed and hurt there draft stock.

MCW did exceptionally well in college came into the league and won ROY. You CANNOT trade a proven ROY for Exum especially with the value of players at 3 and 10 in this draft.

:lol:

This post is outside of the first sentence is pretty ridiculous.

Exum got destroyed by the US team but he's also the only player worth anything on that Australia team. He was probably being double/triple teamed by that US team and he's still young. He's not Lebron James.

If he went to college, he'd bulk up like every other HS kid does and he wouldn't get bodied up. It's dumb to say international players don't go to college because they're scared. They go pro and face STRONGER players and a more physical league. They also get paid. They also play near their homes. Look at what happened to Kanter when he tried to go over. BTW he was reportedly the best player in practice and that was a Final 4 team.

Smart and Tyreke? another horrible comparison.

Smart does have potential to be a very good player.

I really like this class.

Lol u still mad?

Similar size. Wingspan. Shooting disbility. Theu even have similar inside out crosses to get to the whole. Played n big conferences. Lotta potential

Yup terrible comparison

Btw using beat reporters say so to determine the orginaizational plan is laughable

Last edited:
Lol u still mad?

Similar size. Wingspan. Shooting disbility. Theu even have similar inside out crosses to get to the whole. Played n big conferences. Lotta potential

Yup terrible comparison

Btw using beat reporters say so to determine the orginaizational plan is laughable

Reke played in Conference USA

So according to Jason Lloyd (Cavs beat reporter) Jabari Parker has been #1 on their list this whole time.

According to another Cavs beat reporter it's been Wiggins since Day 1.

According to many other people it's Embid at #1

Yep.. Sounds like we have a plan. :smh:

Don't even put yourself through this fam, they going to be flip flopping until they hand the note to Adam Silver.

:lol:

This post is outside of the first sentence is pretty ridiculous.

Exum got destroyed by the US team but he's also the only player worth anything on that Australia team. He was probably being double/triple teamed by that US team and he's still young. He's not Lebron James.

If he went to college, he'd bulk up like every other HS kid does and he wouldn't get bodied up. It's dumb to say international players don't go to college because they're scared. They go pro and face STRONGER players and a more physical league. They also get paid. They also play near their homes. Look at what happened to Kanter when he tried to go over. BTW he was reportedly the best player in practice and that was a Final 4 team.

Exactly, Exum plays against far superior competition. So when he plays against a solid squad he's not that good. He good shine against Austrailian competition.

Idk about MCW being a star in the making. We said the same things about Brandon Jennings (Who had a similar rookie season) and Tyreke evans

Neither were pass first point guards, totally different players.

If MCW goes on a team with a decent supporting roster, he's averaging another 3-4 assists a game. 76ers were 29/30 in FG %

He's putting up 14 9 and prob 6/7 boards

Last edited:
^ exactly. Let em sleep tho. Dude is going to avg crazy #'s, just needs the right pieces around him.

Back
Top Bottom