2014 NBA Draft Thread

Idk about MCW being a star in the making. We said the same things about Brandon Jennings (Who had a similar rookie season) and Tyreke evans

Neither were pass first point guards, totally different players.

If MCW goes on a team with a decent supporting roster, he's averaging another 3-4 assists a game. 76ers were 29/30 in FG %

He's putting up 14 9 and prob 6/7 boards
It needs to be pointed out his stats this season were "inflated" due to Philly's fast pace.

But maybe playing nightly with D-Leaguers evens that out. :lol:

Last edited:
Exactly, Exum plays against far superior competition. So when he plays against a solid squad he's not that good. He good shine against Austrailian competition.

Uh if you kept reading, you'd see that he shouldn't be faulted for being on a team where he can be triple teamed without consequence. How you came to your conclusion blows my mind. He also only played 11 minutes that game...

Uh if you kept reading, you'd see that he shouldn't be faulted for being on a team where he can be triple teamed without consequence. How you came to your conclusion blows my mind. He also only played 11 minutes that game...

Not hear to argue about Dante Exum but all I am saying is that he is the riskiest pick in the lottery

What y'all think about Vonleh? I like him at #6 when my C's pick. I think I'd rate him #1 power forward in this draft, above Randle. 

So according to Jason Lloyd (Cavs beat reporter) Jabari Parker has been #1 on their list this whole time.

According to another Cavs beat reporter it's been Wiggins since Day 1.

According to many other people it's Embid at #1

Yep.. Sounds like we have a plan.
mean.gif
Awww you live in Cleveland.

frown.gif

Sorry bro. NT is here to help you.

What y'all think about Vonleh? I like him at #6 when my C's pick. I think I'd rate him #1 power forward in this draft, above Randle. 
Well he is from Boston... so they might take him.

Hope they take Randle though.....

If the bucks draft Wiggins..what do they do with Giannis?

Play them together.

I doubt Wiggins ends up in Milwaukee tho. If Embiid goes #1...I see a trade in the works @ 2.
You think they could work well together on the floor? That was the reason I couldnt see The Bucks drafting Wiggins if they ended up with the number one pick, I felt like it just wouldnt work if they were on the floor together all the time and may cut into Giannis' minutes.

If the bucks draft Wiggins..what do they do with Giannis?

Play them together.

I doubt Wiggins ends up in Milwaukee tho. If Embiid goes #1...I see a trade in the works @ 2.
You think they could work well together on the floor? That was the reason I couldnt see The Bucks drafting Wiggins if they ended up with the number one pick, I felt like it just wouldnt work if they were on the floor together all the time and may cut into Giannis' minutes.
Why wouldn't Wiggins and Greek be able to play at the same time effectively?

You know how sometimes you just get that feeling that two people wont play well together regardless of how the playstyles compliment or any of that? I just have that inkling about it, I could definitely be wrong though, probably would be since its just a random hunch.

Bucks aint worried about Wiggins and Giannis playing together...they both wings, the Bucks would just throw em out there and let em cook n sort itself out :lol:

Bucks aint worried about Wiggins and Giannis playing together...they both wings, the Bucks would just throw em out there and let em cook n sort itself out :lol:

Dat length! Throw Henson in there and them boys are long on D

(so much pause I'm frozen like a VHS :lol:)

There’s an approximately 42% chance that if Chris Grant was still in charge, the Cavs would try to outsmart everyone and use the No. 1 overall pick on someone like Noah Vonleh or Doug McDermott, but unfortunately for 29 other franchises and thankfully for the Cavs faithful, this pick is newly hired GM David Griffin’s call.

:rofl: :rofl:

that is so true.

Jeff Goodman's Mock Draft 3.0

The NBA's draft lottery is more than a week in the rearview mirror and now we've had a chance to accumulate some intel with the NBA draft now just about a month away.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have a difficult decision to make -- choosing between Joel Embiid, Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker. Who gets the nod?

Here's my third mock, based on the latest information I've gathered.

Remember, this isn't a mock draft based on what I would do. It's based on info gathered from NBA executives, college coaches and other industry sources. It's my hunch based on what I've heard so far.

1. Cleveland Cavaliers - Joel Embiid

Analysis: Cavs GM David Griffin has a difficult decision to make between the 7-foot Embiid and a pair of contrasting forwards: Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker. Multiple sources insist that the Cavs favor Embiid as long as the medical info regarding the back injury that kept him off the court in March checks out clean.

2. Milwaukee Bucks - Jabari Parker

Analysis: The Bucks will have a choice between the ultra-athletic Wiggins and the skilled Parker if Embiid is off the board. That will be an agonizing decision for GM John Hammond, who will balance taking the more-NBA ready Parker and Wiggins, who appears to have the higher upside. Hammond can ill-afford to miss here, and that will be why he ultimately goes with Parker.

3. Philadelphia 76ers - Andrew Wiggins

Analysis: The Sixers are actually in a no-lose situation with the third pick, with general manager Sam Hinkie getting whichever part of the Embiid, Wiggins, Parker trio falls in their lap. The need is a small forward, and Wiggins would fit in perfectly alongside two building block athletes: Michael Carter-Williams and Nerlens Noel.

4. Orlando Magic - Dante Exum

Analysis: Rob Hennigan is one of the few general managers to have seen the athletic Aussie guard thrive at the U-19 World Championships last summer. However, he is also a fan of another point guard in Marcus Smart. At the end of the day, Exum's upside will be too much to pass up.

5. Utah Jazz - Julius Randle

Analysis: The Jazz will likely decide between Randle and Noah Vonleh, but look for them to go with Randle due to his ability to bring a toughness and physical presence from the outset. Randle could co-exist with guys like Derrick Favors and/or Enes Kanter up front.

6. Boston Celtics - Marcus Smart

Analysis: General manager Danny Ainge likes Randle, Vonleh and Smart -- but taking a point guard at this spot would also allow him to dangle Rajon Rondoand have a backup plan. Smart is physically ready to play in the league, and his floor game has improved in the past year.

7. Los Angeles Lakers - Noah Vonleh

Analysis: The Lakers have numerous needs and will go with the best player on the board. Vonleh has an NBA-ready body and is more skilled than many realize. He could be a player, in time, who develops into a star and that is exactly what the Lakers need.

8. Sacramento Kings - Aaron Gordon

Analysis: The Kings need both a shooter and a player who can inject some toughness into the lineup. GM Pete D'Alessandro could opt for Doug McDermott, but look for him to take Bay Area product Aaron Gordon who could complement DeMarcus Cousins well up front due to his athleticism and defensive intensity.

9. Charlotte Hornets - Doug McDermott

Analysis: The Hornets have a nice inside-outside duo in Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker, but they could use a forward who can spread the court and make shots. McDermott can do that, and possesses a versatile and deceptive offensive game that would flourish with Walker and a skilled big man.

10. Philadelphia 76ers - Nik Stauskas

Analysis: If the Sixers wind up grabbing Wiggins with the No. 3 pick, with this selection they should target a guy who can make shots. Stauskas is a big-time shooter who is a deceptive athlete, possesses a high basketball IQ and also has good size.

11. Denver Nuggets - Gary Harris

Analysis: Best player available. Harris is a well-rounded wing who can do a little bit of everything. He can shoot it, can defend and will give Ty Lawson a much-needed offensive weapon.

12. Orlando Magic - James Young

Analysis: The Magic could use a shooter and Hennigan loves length. Young was hardly a knock-down shooter as a freshman at Kentucky last season, but he is a guy who can become a consistent shot-maker in time.

13. Minnesota T'Wolves - Tyler Ennis

Analysis: Flip Saunders isn't sold that Ricky Rubio is his point guard of the future, and drafting Ennis could allow him to move both Kevin Love and Rubio in deal(s). Ennis is a pure point guard like Rubio, but is far more consistent and a better shooter.

14. Phoenix Suns - Zach LaVine

Analysis: The backcourt is set with Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic. GM Ryan McDonough loves athleticism and don't be surprised if he rolls the dice with LaVine, who will take time to develop but is a high upside guy.

15. Atlanta Hawks - Dario Saric
Analysis: The Hawks could pair Saric alongside a healthy Al Horford for a formidable forward duo. Saric is long and skilled, and has tremendous upside.

16. Chicago Bulls - Rodney Hood

Analysis: The Bulls could still use someone to replace Luol Deng and Hood gives the Bulls a guy with length who can shoot it from deep and also get to the basket.

17. Boston Celtics - T.J. Warren

Analysis: He's not an exceptional athlete, but neither was Paul Pierce. Warren can flat out score, and his perimeter shot is hardly broken. Boston needs a guy like Warren who was the ACC Player of the Year and carried N.C. State last season.

18. Phoenix Suns - Adriean Payne

Analysis: Payne is a tremendous talent and a difficult matchup due to his ability to step out and make shots from beyond the arc and also get things done in the paint. The Suns need to upgrade their frontcourt and Payne could help in that regard.

19. Chicago Bulls - Jusuf Nurkic

Analysis: The Bulls could use a backup center to Joakim Noah. Nurkic is big and strong and could give Chicago some depth at the position.

20. Toronto Raptors - Elfrid Payton

Analysis: The Raptors would have loved to have grabbed Ennis, a Canadian, but Payton is a small-college guy who can do just about everything except for shoot it from deep. With Kyle Lowry's future uncertain, the Raptors need a point guard.

21. Oklahoma City Thunder - Kristaps Porzingis

Analysis: Sam Presti doesn't need much -- but we know he's had success with international guys in the past. Porzingis is long and skilled, and is intriguing enough for the Thunder to try and develop him.

22. Memphis Grizzlies - P.J. Hairston

Analysis: The Grizzlies need a knock-down shooting wing and Hairston has NBA range and makes it look easy. He's also tough, can defend and put up numbers in the D-League in 2013-14.

23. Utah Jazz - Kyle Anderson

Analysis: The Raptors need to cover themselves in case Kyle Lowry goes elsewhere -- and even if he returns, they could use a quality backup point guard. Anderson is a 6-foot-9 floor leader who just simply makes people better.

24. Charlotte Hornets - Shabazz Napier

Analysis: The Hornets could use a backup point guard and why not have Kemba Walker tutor Napier, replicating the dynamic that existed at UConn a few years ago.

25. Houston Rockets - Jordan Clarkson

Analysis: The Rockets could use an athletic point guard with size who also can defend. Clarkson is long, athletic and can get into the lane and both score and distribute.

26. Miami Heat - Mitch McGary

Analysis: This one depends on whether McGary's back checks out in the medical evaluation. But he's a strong, physical and hard-playing big man who can rebound and provide a presence in the middle.

27. Phoenix Suns - Clint Capela

Analysis: It's unlikely the Suns use all three of their first-round picks, but if they do, look for GM McDonough to go overseas with one. Capela is from Switzerland and played in France this past year.

28. Los Angeles Clippers - Cleanthony Early

Analysis: No one boosted his stock more in a single game than Early did in the NCAA tournament against Kentucky. He is a versatile wing who can shoot it and also put it on the floor and get to the rim.

29. Oklahoma City Thunder - K.J. McDaniels

Analysis: McDaniels is an athletic wing who shot it better than most expected he would at Clemson. He thrives in the open court and could be a quality rotation guy in OKC.

30. San Antonio Spurs - Jordan Adams

Analysis: The Spurs love high basketball IQ players. Adams isn't an explosive athlete, but he uses angles and knows how to score.

Back
Top Bottom