2014 NBA Draft Thread

This Butler slander is crazy. Name a better wing defender, or for that matter, better wing player, on either on those teams. I'm not saying he's an All-Star, but he's that Tony Allen style elite role player/occasion starter that teams look for. Plus with the 16th and 19th you could bolster the roster. Also you could flip Boozer for another lottery pick next year. Thats true rebuilding. No one rookie, outside, LeBron "King" James, is flipping a franchise by himself. Even KD needs Westbrook and a solid bench to sniff the NBA Finals.

Last edited:
This Butler slander is crazy. Name a better wing defender, or for that matter, better wing player, on either on those teams. I'm not saying he's an All-Star, but he's that Tony Allen style elite role player/occasion starter that teams look for. Plus with the 16th and 19th you could bolster the roster. Also you could flip Boozer for another lottery pick next year. Thats true rebuilding. No one rookie, outside, LeBron "King" James, is flipping a franchise by himself. Even KD needs Westbrook and a solid bench to sniff the NBA Finals.

You don't trade a potential superstar player for A Tony Allen kind of guy... that's how you get stuck in Atlanta Hawks purgatory. Nobody wants a team that's good enough for the playoffs but has no assets to really make that next leap.

My question is: Why?

Like I said, I'll take my chances with a Parker, Wiggins or whoever they can get at pick #3. Why add Butler and Boozer (who you said you could trade for a lotto pick next year, when you could just get a great lotto pick in the 2014 draft that many consider to have the most promise we've seen in years)

Bro, you are really trying to argue a team giving up a potential franchise guy for Butler, Boozer, and mid 1st round picks? Da ****? Butler is a great guy for a team that is close and needs another role player but you know what you are getting with him. Boozer is self explanatory, idc that he is expiring the Sixers already have tons of cap space coming up. There is not a damn GM that would make that trade.

And these are you can't miss prospects:

Joel Embiid - A guy who's only played basketball for TWO years, and ALREADY has a bad back

Andrew Wiggins - A guy who never really took over a game in college, and never flashed any "killer mentality", and right now looks like a glorified Gerald Green

Jabari Parker - A guy for the past 4 pages of this thread, NTers have been arguing if he's a 3 or 4 and has weight issues among scouts

Compared to:

Lebron was 6'8, 240lbs (out of HS) with the foot speed and passing ability of a PG

KD was 6'9/6'10 with the length of a NBA center and shooting range of a SG and great handles

Kyrie was limited to 11 games in college, but clearly looked man amongst boys, and had elite handles and speed

Maybe I'm absolutely wrong, but all three are risks to me, and aren't can't miss prospects. Potential is risky, and some time being desperate will set you back. For every one player that lives up to his potential, 15 other don't and fizz out.

I am now opening the floodgates of debate
roll.gif

Last edited:
The fact the he said you can get a lottery pick for Boozer blows my mind and I'm a Bulls fan :smh: :lol:

No team in the Top 3 would make that kind of trade nor would the Bulls make that kind of offer just to get in the top 3.

The fact the he said you can get a lottery pick for Boozer blows my mind and I'm a Bulls fan :smh: :lol:

No team in the Top 3 would make that kind of trade nor would the Bulls make that kind of offer just to get in the top 3.
I'm talking for cap relief, not on skills :lol:

:lol: you said you could flip Boozer for a lottery pick tho, if that was the case don't you think Chicago would have done so already? I don't even think you can get a future 1st round protected pick for Boozer at this point.

laugh.gif
you said you could flip Boozer for a lottery pick tho, if that was the case don't you think Chicago would have done so already? I don't even think you can get a future 1st round protected pick for Boozer at this point.
Hey Chicago got one of Charlotte's 1st for Tyrus Thomas. Anything's possible (KG Voice) 
laugh.gif

Doesn't make it any better.

Still a dumb trade.
The Nets sent Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, two first-round draft picks and cash considerations to Utah for Deron Williams, and at the time he was a 3-time All Star. That trade I proposed would at least in play for the 3rd pick. 

The new CBA has made it so draft picks are gold. Nobody in their right mind is trading out of the top 5 unless you get a bonafide superstar.

Dude.

Devin Harris was an All-Star at the time, Derrick Favors was the #3 overall pick who people thought could be the next dominant big man and they got 1st rounders as well for a guy who wanted out.

You lost this argument. Just move on.

I just find it funny at this point. :lol:
by far the toughest schedule in college basketball that season 19 and 7 the second half of the season while being a factor on defense...and he was plenty aggresive/alpha when the game was on the line on more than one occasion.

Back
Top Bottom