2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sixers blatantly tanking every year reminds me of the scene in Breaking Bad when Jesses talking about Walt says, " HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!"

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 1m1 minute ago
Draft update: 10-43 Knicks shut down Carmelo; 11-42 Wolves trade Thaddeus Young. 12-41 Sixers dump Carter-Williams; 13-40 Lakers intact.

:smh:

Job well done Mitch.

B-O_JCxCIAALJTm.jpg

I'm glad we didn't make any moves...

There was really no moves we could have made without giving up our picks

Glad to see we didn't sacrifice any assets.(yes, we have some, albeit limited)

A tad but disappointed we didn't sell..but wasn't it already established in here that subway gift cards would be the standard return for our pieces?

Nonetheless, stay the course.

Randle/top 5/houstons/clarkson+25M in space. That's the protocol and I'm glad they didn't deviate.

So much for "there's gonna be some changes"

I'm just waiting for one of you to defend Mitch and Jim. 

Who did you want traded? Hill essentially has a no trade clause unless his 2nd yr is picked up. Pretty sure we couldve taken Javale and a 1st rounder like the 76ers did but that messes up cap space for next yr.

He was the only player with real value.

Wes Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Sacre, Kelly or Lin aren't getting you anything without picks or taking back bad contracts.

Who did you want traded? Hill essentially has a no trade clause unless his 2nd yr is picked up. Pretty sure we couldve taken Javale and a 1st rounder like the 76ers did but that messes up cap space for next yr.

Wes Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Sacre, Kelly or Lin aren't getting you anything without picks or taking back bad contracts.
Kendrick perkins had a market. 

Alexey shved had a market.

Pablo Prigs had a market.

Hill and Lin had no market? at all? 

Gotta hope we keep losing games....Was hoping we'd out tank Philly but clearly that aint happening. Minnesota is gonna win games and pass us. Gotta stay in the #3 spot and hope that when it comes time for those ping pong balls we get the same luck Cleveland seems to get every other year.

Kendrick perkins had a market. 

Alexey shved had a market.

Pablo Prigs had a market.

Hill and Lin had no market? at all? 

Lin costs wayyy more than Alexey and Pablo. Perkins was part of a bigger deal, Reggie Jackson was the asset.

I'm sure Ed Davis has a market but he's a free agent some that kills some of his value. Plus they want to bring him back next yr.

No one wants Nick Young.

Everyone else either sucks or is a part of the long term plan.

Jesus Christ, what y'all want?

We are already horrible, Minny has improved and I think Philly can eventually pass us, but even if they don't, did many of you believe we'd be the 3rd of 4th worst team in the league?

Well, maybe some of you did, not me that's for sure.

It looks like we are going to get a top 5 pick, and we have a ton of money to spend, and we have Randle coming back next year as well as Clarkson, and hopefully we can put some moves together to be more competitive.

I don't know what offers Mitch had, but he's a NBA General Manager, it is in his best interest to make this team better, whether it is by tanking or attaining quality players, if he didn't make a trade, call me naive, I don't think there were good trades to be made.

Believing in your Front Office, although many might not, makes being a fan that much easier, no point in banging your head against a wall if we have no idea what is going on behind closed doors.

As always, Go Lakers!

I "think" Minny can still pass us, and we can drop to 3rd.

Will they try? That I don't know.

But fairly clear NY and Philly will be 1-2.

Alright, I'm out for a months. Can't be here anymore 
roll.gif

See yall on draft lottery day. 
The Lakers have been the worst team in the NBA since Kobe Bryant went down. What exactly did you want to change? Sure I wanted Hill off the team (he's probably the only moveable piece) but in general similar contracts were moved with a draft pick today. That's not what this team needs right now. Jordan Hill is not going to will this team to victory. 

The Wolves will win games now that their team is getting healthy. I'm sure they didn't get KG to teach their young guys how to tank. They definitelywant KG helping their young guys. I don't think you're going to see KG on the bench screaming for them to lose. Thad has been eh anyway this season due to the injuries on the team and personal reasons. 

The Knicks won games without Melo this season. Those young guys are going to be playing hard and they are out east. 

The Sixers got worse, but watch Canaan win them a few ball games. MCW isn't all that. 

The worst that can happen is Nick Young, this threads most hated individual breaks out of his funk and gets on fire. On one hand I do want him to break out of his struggles because he is locked into this team for a few years or he possibly can be moved if he does well, but on the other hand the losses are important. Scott's struggle ball offense won't put people like Nick in positions to get on fire though, like last year. 

I think the worst part of the day is Dragic re-signing with the Heat. I like him a lot. Not saying he's worth a max or anything, but I did want to pursue him in free agency. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom