2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy makes a good point....

CP @CP1708 · 1m 1 minute ago

Later today we will inevitably hear Mitch say "we weren't going to make a deal that didn't make basketball sense". SMFH
CP @CP1708 · 2m 2 minutes ago

The same guy that dealt Luke Walton and Kwame Brown, suddenly doesn't understand making deals when you aren't the good team. Idiot

When you aren't good, you sell vets, and buy picks. Been goin on for many years now, "General Manager" DO YOUR ******* JOB!!!!
Maybe there is no market for those players? How can you sell when no one is offering anything?

We are watching Javale, Perkins, Andre Miller get traded, today.
Aaron Affalo.

We've dealt Kwame, Luke Walton, etc.

Hill, Lin, Ellington are no diff than them.
Stop lying to yourself.

You would...

... FLIP...

... YOUR...

... *profanity in all caps*...

... if we traded for Andre Miller. :lol:

Be cereal.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

momo says laker still in on dragic

" rockets first and other assets" 

what would it take for CP to kiss Mitch's ring/rings?

Last edited:
Exactly.

"No market for Pau"

"No market for these guys"

Every year, excuses for Mitch twiddling his thumbs. During Sell seasons.

But hey, keep on protectin Mitch. It's not like the 76ers ADDING a first round pick for buying Javale would benefit us at all.
McGee has another year on his contract, when the Lakers want to pursue free agents this summer. That would make no sense for them. 

These aren't excuses, it's reality. After Dwight left it was clear the Lakers would take some time to get back on top. That was a big blow, but in the long run will be better for the team. None of this should be a surprise. And if no one wants the players you keep talking about selling, what exactly can you do. You're being extremely unrealistic. This isn't some video game. 

All the points you made before show that to move these players you'd have to add picks. That makes no sense right now. 

Reality?

K, so you say Javale has another year, when the Lakers want to pursue free agents. When Kobe is making 25 mil, that summer? So we can’t buy up additional draft picks/disposable players, because we want to shop for free agents, the year we pay a 37 year old 25 million?

But none of that is on Mitch, right?

We can just excuse him not doing anything, minus trading Steve Blake, cuz lord knows HE was in demand. :lol:

You have to add picks to buy up vets, did you know that Mitch could do that too? :nerd: We could be the ones buying up picks/vets, and then managing buy outs with those vets. Houston did that with Fisher. Got the pick, bought out Fisher, piece of cake.

And I agree, losing Dwight was a plus and a minus in a sense, we did gain some leverage to reset the team, reshape the future. I agree with that. Yet here we are, during the two worst years in franchise history, and all we have managed to sell off is STEVE, BLAKE. And Mitch backers somehow accept this, as “ok”. Man, **** that bull ****.

If you are a crap team, you sell off everything not bolted down. What reasoning is there to have old man Boozer? Or soon to be 30 Nick Young? Or not going to help us by the time we get good again Jordan Hill? Or Ronnie Price, Wayne Ellington? Clearly I know they have no market, but they can be thrown in into any deal to piggy back off other deals.

For the love of God, the Nets are workin to trade Kevin Garnett right now, and other teams are circling to see if they can toss in an asset, or pull out an asset as part of all that. That’s what you do.

What’s Mitch doing? NOTHING.

And I don’t mean just today, I have been campaigning for this FOR MONTHS. He could have dealt 1-2-3 of these guys, the entire time. Corey Brewer was dealt. I mean……. :lol: And it’s not like I’m the only one that’s been pushing for the Lakers to sell, starting last year. Lots of us around the world have been clamoring for it. Jesus, he dealt a 37-38 year old Derek Fisher and a first round pick to the Rockets, he certainly sees how it works from the other side of the equation, how the **** would he not get doing it when he’s the one without a title contender? The Rockets made a living stacking up assets like that, so they could make their move, and it landed them Harden, and then eventually Dwight. Mitch can’t do that? He can’t buy up vet garbage that come with picks? Just Lin?

Now, thankfully, he didn’t get crazy and buy Dragic or sell the farm for Reggie Jackson, or anything drastic like that. He didn’t BUY, so for that, I will give him praise. Thank God he didn’t buy anything that would set us back.

But he also just spent 2 years of wasted seasons, not selling. And that, is unforgivable.

I will wait however to fully bash him, because he does still have time to make one move. Boozer doesn’t have to be bought out until just before March 1 to latch onto a playoff team. So Mitch could give him another week with the team, maybe lose another game or two, and then say ok Carlos, would you like to be bought out so you can join a contender? If he does that, I will accept that as a move Mitch made, for the good of the franchise. If he doesn’t do that, and doesn’t do anything else, in a year in which we’re going to be dreadful, and could have sold any one of 5-6 different players, like I said, unforgivable.

This guy makes a good point....

Later today we will inevitably hear Mitch say "we weren't going to make a deal that didn't make basketball sense". SMFH
CP @CP1708 · 2m 2 minutes ago

The same guy that dealt Luke Walton and Kwame Brown, suddenly doesn't understand making deals when you aren't the good team. Idiot

When you aren't good, you sell vets, and buy picks. Been goin on for many years now, "General Manager" DO YOUR ******* JOB!!!!
Maybe there is no market for those players? How can you sell when no one is offering anything?

We are watching Javale, Perkins, Andre Miller get traded, today.
Aaron Affalo.

We've dealt Kwame, Luke Walton, etc.

Hill, Lin, Ellington are no diff than them.
Stop lying to yourself.

You would...

... FLIP...

... YOUR...

... *profanity in all caps*...

... if we traded for Andre Miller. :lol:

Be cereal.

Naw man, me mentioning Miller was the point that if someone like that can be dealt, then Hill, Lin, Ellington can be dealt too. Not that we should, or would go after Miller.

And if Miller came to us with a draft pick, I would take Miller with open arms.

And then buy him out.

Because that's what smart GM's do.

Well, Reggie to Detroit, and Goran to Miami.

So at the very least, Mitch didn't give anything up. That I am happy about. At least that is a positive sign.

OKC just offloaded Kendrick Perkins.

"No market for Jordan Hill"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well. Least we didn't buy up anything.

I want an apology from every single one of you who said Jordan Hill was worth a first round pick.

that **** was laughable last summer and still is.

mean.gif

Aint gonna lie..wanted the lakers to make a move...but if the formula is already working (tank wise) why mess with it.... :\

@Mike_Bresnahan: It's official: The Lakers did not make any trades before today's noon deadline.

still trying to process how the moves will affect the bottom 5 teams

sixers really gonna be a team of d-leaguers now

still trying to process how the moves will affect the bottom 5 teams
sixers really gonna be a team of d-leaguers now

They absolutely know how to tank.

I just have no idea what they are left with. Noel, Embiid, their pick this year, our pick next year, their own pick next year, and then I about 729 second round picks.

I don't even know who else is on their roster now. But us surpassing them, just got more difficult. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom