2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy makes a good point....

CP @CP1708 · 1m 1 minute ago
Later today we will inevitably hear Mitch say "we weren't going to make a deal that didn't make basketball sense". SMFH
CP @CP1708 · 2m 2 minutes ago
The same guy that dealt Luke Walton and Kwame Brown, suddenly doesn't understand making deals when you aren't the good team. Idiot
When you aren't good, you sell vets, and buy picks. Been goin on for many years now, "General Manager" DO YOUR ******* JOB!!!!
Maybe there is no market for those players? How can you sell when no one is offering anything?

Would probably have to include picks to get rid of lin like the rockets did in exchange for an overseas player who will never come to anerica

Later today we will inevitably hear Mitch say "we weren't going to make a deal that didn't make basketball sense". SMFH

The same guy that dealt Luke Walton and Kwame Brown, suddenly doesn't understand making deals when you aren't the good team. Idiot

When you aren't good, you sell vets, and buy picks. Been goin on for many years now, "General Manager" DO YOUR ******* JOB!!!!
Maybe there is no market for those players? How can you sell when no one is offering anything?

We are watching Javale, Perkins, Andre Miller get traded, today.
Aaron Affalo.

We've dealt Kwame, Luke Walton, etc.

Hill, Lin, Ellington are no diff than them.

Javale got traded WITH a first round pick... So if you want to salary dump Hill & Lin..... Trade the Rockets 1st with them.

Perkins MAY BE getting traded with a young guy with a lot of upside... So if you want to trade Hill & Lin... Trade Julius Randle.

Andre Miller is getting traded to a coach who considers him "one of his guys," despite Andre trashing Karl.... Who do we have that is "one of someone's guys"

Last edited:

We are watching Javale, Perkins, Andre Miller get traded, today.
Aaron Affalo.

We've dealt Kwame, Luke Walton, etc.

Hill, Lin, Ellington are no diff than them.
Javale was sent with a first rounder. Perkins by all accounts hasn't been moved yet. Miller was moved for Ramon Sessions, which seems like a lateral move, but Karl has a history with Miller. Afflalo was a need for the Trailblazers, is probably better than all of our players, and has a smaller contract than Hill, Lin, etc. 

We dealt Kwame with picks, we dealt Luke with picks (from what I remember). 

What exactly are you saying? 

its one thing to say the market isnt there for guys like hill or lin this week, but when the same excuse has been brought up for the past few years then.. yeah

stop making excuses for mitch's lack of an ability to make things happen

do or do not, there is no try

Ska said it over a year ago and a lot of people laughed.

The glory days of Lakers front office with trades and signings are over.

Mitch just doesn't have the same Magic touch he used to, either that or Jim just has him handcuffed.

The CP3 veto was the last we'll ever see of Mitch's greatness.

I hated watching Luke Walton. Lin is gunning for the #1 spot though, all he does is dribble into trouble and turn the ball over.

Brian Cook will always be that guy for me. 6-10 , allergic to the paint and to getting rebounds. All he wanted to do was shoot 3's :smh:

Ska said it over a year ago and a lot of people laughed.

The glory days of Lakers front office with trades and signings are over.

Mitch just doesn't have the same Magic touch he used to, either that or Jim just has him handcuffed.

The CP3 veto was the last we'll ever see of Mitch's greatness.
And where are you getting all that from? Because Mitch couldn't move our players this deadline or last? 

A player on a potential playoff team just listed the Lakers as a destination, while they're having one of the worst seasons in their history. 

The Lakers are still the Lakers. There have always been down times. From 2005-2007 things looked bleak as well. The new CBA doesn't help a team like the Lakers, but they'll be in a great position with a top 5 pick, Randle, a great player this free agency, the rise in cap next year, and a (very optimistic/might be unrealistic) healthy Kobe Bryant.   

i dont think Mitch has lost the touch, we were sending players out with draft picks...as long as the team contended year in and year out those picks werent gonna make or break us. 

now fast forward a few years, the team is struggling with vets on min salaries because we didnt keep our picks and build up young talent. 

the team is looking to rebuild now with the picks we were forced to keep, and picks we acquired while taking back other teams garbage. 

a possible #1 pick, a mid to late first and a few 2nd rounders along with the young talkent on the team now and cap room going forward. the picks we owe to other teams in the near future wont be as valuable if the team succeeds 

Last edited:
^^^Exactly 
Brian Cook will always be that guy for me. 6-10 , allergic to the paint and to getting rebounds. All he wanted to do was shoot 3's
mean.gif
56484749_display_image.jpg

Exactly.

"No market for Pau"

"No market for these guys"

Every year, excuses for Mitch twiddling his thumbs. During Sell seasons.

But hey, keep on protectin Mitch. It's not like the 76ers ADDING a first round pick for buying Javale would benefit us at all.

Samaki walker....what a bum. only thing he ever did was hit that half court shot at the buzzer before halftime in the playoffs

That was another Laker that I hated. Back in 02-03 I was a cashier at Ikea and he came through and bought some stuff on a Saturday. The lines were long and I remember looking up and seeing him in my lane. I immediately got pissed off and did one of these :smh: lol
I don't even think I said anything to him during the transaction.

Exactly.

"No market for Pau"

"No market for these guys"

Every year, excuses for Mitch twiddling his thumbs. During Sell seasons.

But hey, keep on protectin Mitch. It's not like the 76ers ADDING a first round pick for buying Javale would benefit us at all.
McGee has another year on his contract, when the Lakers want to pursue free agents this summer. That would make no sense for them. 

These aren't excuses, it's reality. After Dwight left it was clear the Lakers would take some time to get back on top. That was a big blow, but in the long run will be better for the team. None of this should be a surprise. And if no one wants the players you keep talking about selling, what exactly can you do. You're being extremely unrealistic. This isn't some video game. 

All the points you made before show that to move these players you'd have to add picks. That makes no sense right now. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom