2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this thread is going to be a ****** MESS come lotto selection day :lol: :lol:

Let's hope we got some kind of pick locked up heading in.

As for the lotto race, Philly looked like they had a chance to catch us for a while, but almost certainly not after today. So in a sense we took a step back. (And now they might have OUR pick too :frown: )

Last edited:
Thought it was clear, we wanted them to sell, for the second straight year.

They failed to do that, for the second straight year.

To complain, honestly. :lol:

Makes sense, let them have at it.

As always i'll cheer for my Lakers, I won't be too mad when they lose, because let's be honest they aren't that good, and at the end of the day I'm hoping next year we'll be better.

Go Lakers!

Alright, I'm out for a months. Can't be here anymore 
roll.gif

See yall on draft lottery day. 
The Knicks won games without Melo this season.
The Knicks are 0-13 when Melo sits this year.
I was wrong about that then sorry. I thought Galloway had a few good games without him, but it was with him in the lineup. 

Last edited:
Let's just hope KG plays with some energy for a few games back in Minny before reverting back to a zombie.

Minny seems to think he's good for 2 more years :lol:, so hopefully that means he's good for a few wins this season.

I think/hope we can still survive Philly getting worse.

Last edited:
Minny has played for a looooong time without 60% of its starting lineup. Now with wiggy emerging and those 3 back, I'm certain they'll finish higher. Sixers and bricks...can't say the same. Imma predict the #3 spot ahead of orl and minny...behind philly and ny....which would mean three teams would have to jump into the top 3 to kick us out the top 5. I like those percentages and I'll take em.

Last edited:
As long as Sacre is the rim protector, Kelly playing the 3, a rookie PG and Byron coaching

You guys will get your wish

And if OKC actually wins the title...no Russ or KD :frown: what a ****** day.

I think the Lakers will likely be bottom 3. Minny is going to be better and win a few more games than we will with their level of talent, squad getting healthy, and KG's intense persona fueling them in the locker room. The 76ers and Knicks are probably out of reach, barring some kind of Derek Fisher-Langston-led Triangle resurgence with D-League scrubs. 

Well. At least the deadline talks done.

(We know it'll still be beat to death daily but oh well...)

Now we can focus on this tank run to finish the season.

I will be pleased if Mitch just buys a couple guys out at least.

Booz, Wayne, Price, at least drop them off the roster, go from there. Not ideal, but better than sitting idle.

And if someone could murder Nick Young, that would be swell.

Lakers Salaries: With Hill & Davis, Without Davis & Without Hill & Davis

View media item 1410265
View media item 1410266
View media item 1410269

The first course of action is to use the 25th, 34th & 53rd pick to move up as far as possible. If we could move up to #20, which is very plausible it only costs an extra $230K over 25th, and saves us a net of at least $800K - $1.2mil depending on how 34th gets paid. Sometimes 34th gets paid $900K, but last year got $530K in 1st year.

If the draft goes in the current standings order
1 - NYK - Okafor
2 - PHI - Mudiay or Russell
3 - MIN - Townes
4 - LAL - whoever is left out of Mudiay or Russell (I pray Mudiay)

Orlando goes big if they get 4th, probably WCS
Utah goes ? if they get 4th
Sacramento goes PG if they get 4th

Let's say we get 4th, we end up with Mudiay.

Mudiay / Clarkson
Kobe / ????
???? / Swaggy
Randle / Kelly
???? / Black / Sacre

Maybe Rondae Hollis - Jefferson at 20... Or pray Justise Winslow does something wrong to tank his draft stock.

Decline Hill's option. Puts us at $22million in cap space.

Guy who best fits that team. Defense for Randle, and can handle a good PG like Mudiay is DeAndre Jordan.. Max him out. If he wants to leave, then you get him for all his prime years.

If DeAndre Jordan stays.

Then you go after Tobias Harris, and max him. Then there is enough space to either bring back Hill long term for cheaper, or go with Ed Davis instead long term for cheaper.

I will be pleased if Mitch just buys a couple guys out at least.

Booz, Wayne, Price, at least drop them off the roster, go from there. Not ideal, but better than sitting idle.

And if someone could murder Nick Young, that would be swell.

arent we still.paying brown?

Lakers Salaries: With Hill & Davis, Without Davis & Without Hill & Davis

The first course of action is to use the 25th, 34th & 53rd pick to move up as far as possible. If we could move up to #20, which is very plausible it only costs an extra $230K over 25th, and saves us a net of at least $800K - $1.2mil depending on how 34th gets paid. Sometimes 34th gets paid $900K, but last year got $530K in 1st year.

If the draft goes in the current standings order
1 - NYK - Okafor
2 - PHI - Mudiay or Russell
3 - MIN - Townes
4 - LAL - whoever is left out of Mudiay or Russell (I pray Mudiay)

Orlando goes big if they get 4th, probably WCS
Utah goes ? if they get 4th
Sacramento goes PG if they get 4th

Let's say we get 4th, we end up with Mudiay.

Mudiay / Clarkson
Kobe / ????
???? / Swaggy
Randle / Kelly
???? / Black / Sacre

Maybe Rondae Hollis - Jefferson at 20... Or pray Justise Winslow does something wrong to tank his draft stock.

Decline Hill's option. Puts us at $22million in cap space.

Guy who best fits that team. Defense for Randle, and can handle a good PG like Mudiay is DeAndre Jordan.. Max him out. If he wants to leave, then you get him for all his prime years.

If DeAndre Jordan stays.

Then you go after Tobias Harris, and max him. Then there is enough space to either bring back Hill long term for cheaper, or go with Ed Davis instead long term for cheaper.
Why Mudiay over Russell for you? And in all honesty I'd rather go after a Wes or Danny Green over a Tobias Harris at the max. That's just me though, and I haven't watched enough Tobias to say that firmly. 

Deandre gets maxed at by the Clippers.

Why Mudiay over Russell for you? And in all honesty I'd rather go after a Wes or Danny Green over a Tobias Harris at the max. That's just me though, and I haven't watched enough Tobias to say that firmly. 

Better pace to me with Randle. I like that he's a set position... Whereas I like Russell, but I think he's too small as a combo guard if he can't be a true PG.

Also just like how Mudiay projects in the NBA. Dude is lightening fast. And him in transition with Randle would bring a tear to my eye.

But it's irrelevant if Philly goes Mudiay, then we go with Russell. I just happen to like Mudiay.

And maybe - maybe not on DJ. Also have to figure if they don't go anywhere, maybe he wants a different team. But he's not a RFA, so you have a quick answer from him.

Better pace to me with Randle. I like that he's a set position... Whereas I like Russell, but I think he's too small as a combo guard if he can't be a true PG.

Also just like how Mudiay projects in the NBA. Dude is lightening fast. And him in transition with Randle would bring a tear to my eye.

But it's irrelevant if Philly goes Mudiay, then we go with Russell. I just happen to like Mudiay.

And maybe - maybe not on DJ. Also have to figure if they don't go anywhere, maybe he wants a different team. But he's not a RFA, so you have a quick answer from him.
I see that claim about Mudiay being fast, but I haven't seen it from the limited stuff I've seen. I see more Tyreke than John Wall in his explosiveness if that makes sense. 

Talking about this is great and I do believe the Lakers will have the third worst record (optimistic outlook, but practical), but all of this is a moot point with Scott as the coach. He is absolutely terrible. We can get all the great players on this team in a few years, but if he's the coach I have no hope. 

Last edited:
So your max wishes have gone from Melo, to Bledsoe, to Dragic, to Tobias to DeAndre Jordan.....

You really tryna spend that money aren't ya? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom