2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So your max wishes have gone from Melo, to Bledsoe, to Dragic, to Tobias to DeAndre Jordan.....

You really tryna spend that money aren't ya?
laugh.gif
I see them definitely spending this summer, with the increase in cap the next year. Those players hit your cap less by signing them this summer. 

If they pick up Hill's option which I cannot see them doing, then CP rant away. I'll 100% support you. 

Last edited:
God help me if all this misery was for us to end up with WCS. I'll never forgive them.

Buyouts better be on the horizon.

The Lakers are going to come out of the off-season with Karl-Anthony Towns and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

And that's it.

:pimp:

So your max wishes have gone from Melo, to Bledsoe, to Dragic, to Tobias to DeAndre Jordan.....

You really tryna spend that money aren't ya? :lol:

Realities of the new CBA, CP.

Here's your other choices.... Omer Asik at $12mil a year, Robin Lopez at $12mil a year. Wes Matthews $10mil a year.. Or Rajon Rondo at $20mil a year?

Have fun.

And by the way... I suggest Dragic.... "You want to max out a 29 year old?" Suggests 26 & 22 year old... *Still Flips out any way.* You can't have it every single way, and still want to claim like your opinion means anything... My opinion/ suggestions is just moving down the list of players I would max.

Jesus Christ, what y'all want?
To complain, honestly. :lol:

Last edited:
I admire your optimism P. But I'm still pissed the ends will not justify the means for me. These clowns two years in a row have mismanaged this egregiously.

]
I see that claim about Mudiay being fast, but I haven't seen it from the limited stuff I've seen. I see more Tyreke than John Wall in his explosiveness if that makes sense. 

Talking about this is great and I do believe the Lakers will have the third worst record (optimistic outlook, but practical), but all of this is a moot point with Scott as the coach. He is absolutely terrible. We can get all the great players on this team in a few years, but if he's the coach I have no hope. 

All of this. I like Russell a lot more.

We're in a good place as far as being able to get talent, so that won't be the problem for next year. I think it's going to be a young and exciting team.

The question will be if Byron is the right coach. I don't have much faith in him.

I'm in on Byron until he proves he can't win with a good team. He got to the Finals twice (in an admittedly weak East) and Chris Paul and Kyrie still rave about him.  Cleveland gave up on him to get Mike Brown but his team was awful, and he won COTY in New Orleans. 

I realize that stuff happened a while ago but it should count for something.  The Lakers can't keep firing coaches, it's a bad look for the franchise.

Last edited:
Welp. Hopefully the Wolves get on a roll.

Last edited:
So essential, u now have WCS rated ahead of Johnson? Both C and SF being a position of glaring need, no less..so all things being equal...Both on the board at 5...u take wcs?

Intersting..not that it's far fetched...I'm just saying u were on the Stan train like myself a few weeks ago.

So essential, u now have WCS rated ahead of Johnson? Both C and SF being a position of glaring need, no less..so all things being equal...Both on the board at 5...u take wcs?

Intersting..not that it's far fetched...I'm just saying u were on the Stan train like myself a few weeks ago.

No I would take Stanley..

But I think the Lakers would take WCS.

My board:
1 Okafor
2 Towns
3 Mudiay
4/5 Johnson & Russell
6 Cauley-Stein

Last edited:
Hopefully we're not at 5. Would be deflating.

If we got to 3 and ended up at 5, would that be deflating?

Not being a jerk but there would be a 1 in 4 chance of that.

It's a lottery.

We could end up 3rd, and lose the pick.

We could get 4th and get # 1.

Hell we could get 5th and get 1-2-3.

To me..it's pretty simple..like DOS, it's "if, then, run."

If okafor/towns...then tobias, roll with Clarkson as PG, Draft rotational piece at 26 or whatever. Fill roster with intermediate pieces.

If johnson, then 1 of gasol/DJ...draft a piece at 26..fill with pieces

If mudiay/russell...compete with clarkson...try tobias and 1 of DJ/gasol. Fill roster with MLE/league mins/etc.

So all the hallmarks of a laker pick...

Hometown....
Hires pelinka...
Projected at 5-10...

With the 5th pick....in the 2015 nba draft...the la Lakers select.. kristaps.......porzingis....out of latavia.......The Orlando Magic are now on the clock..

So all the hallmarks of a laker pick...

Hometown....
Hires pelinka...
Projected at 5-10...

With the 5th pick....in the 2015 nba draft...the la Lakers select.. kristaps.......porzingis....out of latavia.......The Orlando Magic are now on the clock..

Likely.

I'm fine with all of Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, Russell, Johnson, even Cauley-Stein (to a lesser degree)

But if it's Kristaps... Then we can burn everything.

Last edited:
And by the way... I suggest Dragic.... "You want to max out a 29 year old?" Suggests 26 & 22 year old... *Still Flips out any way.* You can't have it every single way, and still want to claim like your opinion means anything... My opinion/ suggestions is just moving down the list of players I would max.

Which is everybody. That's my point.

STOP throwing maxes at everybody. That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

Spend the money on true maxes, yes, the LeBron's, the Durants, the Kobe's, Shaq's, etc. Max em to hell.

But Tobias Harris? :lol: I mean, I like the kid, hell, I love half that Magic roster, but max them? Come on man.

You're just trying to throw money at anyone that will take it, but not actually BUILDING a roster with any intent. Melo, to Bledsoe, to Dragic, to Tobias, to DeAndre. Somebody, please take my money.

Why?

What do you honestly hope to accomplish by paying Bledsoe 20 million a year? Or Melo 24? Or Dragic 20? They ain't winnin a title, unless we get the #1 pick the next four years straight.

So are you tryin to buy nice players, or you tryin to win the whole thing someday?

I'd love to have Tobias with Randle and Towns. But max him? Easy pass.

I'm not mad at ya for wanting parts, or suggesting get this guy or that guy, Bledsoe, Jordan, and Tobias would all be nice pieces to have, no doubt, but not if we have to trade parts to get them, or max them out when they don't bring us anywhere close to a title.

That's all I'm gettin at. *shrugs*

Which is everybody. That's my point.

STOP throwing maxes at everybody. That's exactly what I'm trying to tell you.

Spend the money on true maxes, yes, the LeBron's, the Durants, the Kobe's, Shaq's, etc. Max em to hell.

But Tobias Harris? :lol: I mean, I like the kid, hell, I love half that Magic roster, but max them? Come on man.

You're just trying to throw money at anyone that will take it, but not actually BUILDING a roster with any intent. Melo, to Bledsoe, to Dragic, to Tobias, to DeAndre. Somebody, please take my money.

Why?

What do you honestly hope to accomplish by paying Bledsoe 20 million a year? Or Melo 24? Or Dragic 20? They ain't winnin a title, unless we get the #1 pick the next four years straight.

So are you tryin to buy nice players, or you tryin to win the whole thing someday?

I'd love to have Tobias with Randle and Towns. But max him? Easy pass.

I'm not mad at ya for wanting parts, or suggesting get this guy or that guy, Bledsoe, Jordan, and Tobias would all be nice pieces to have, no doubt, but not if we have to trade parts to get them, or max them out when they don't bring us anywhere close to a title.

That's all I'm gettin at. *shrugs*

That's not how it works anymore CP. And that's the reality of our situation. Unfortunately. That LA draw is only so much.

And Tobias at a max. Doesn't prevent a max for the TRUE maxes. Nor did Dragic. Nor does DeAndre.

Nor was I advocating using all cap space even in 2016 for guys who are not "Stars"

And why do I advocate a max for DeAndre or Tobias. Say we end up with 4, 25, 34, 53. Along with Randle, Kelly, Clarkson, Swaggy P. Then we max DeAndre or Dragic , we still have between $46-52mil+ in cap space in 2016. And to be honest I never advocated for Dragic at the max. I said somewhere between $65-70mil

So maxing certain guys, is not just throwing money around. It's trying to build a team. So when the true maxes are on the market. We have something to go to, as opposed to saying to KD. Here's our 2 draft picks.

Last edited:
Eh there's a salary floor, but I'm not for throwing out maxes all willy nilly especially for guys who won't make that kind of impact. Rather spread that around to build the team with multiple guys.

And it's a reality of our situation.

It's really not.

And why do I advocate a max for Dragic or DeAndre. Say we end up with 4, 25, 34, 53. Along with Randle, Kelly, Clarkson, Swaggy P. Then we max DeAndre or Dragic , we still have between $46-52mil in cap space.

When you start with Melo, and end up down to Tobias or DeAndre (you can forget Dragic now) you're not really "movin the needle" so to speak.

Might as well save the money even more, and pair it down even further. (Hence why the Nick Young deal sucks so much.) I rather have the 5 mil available cap, than his warm body in the way.

So maxing certain guys, is not just throwing money around. It's trying to build a team.

Yeah, it is. You're not even campaigning for the same positions, or the same type of player. Just who ever the next available body is.

You don't even know what position the Top 5 pick is going to fill, but want to throw money at this position or that position. :lol:

No big deal, just pointing out that you have wanted to max every name you've heard the past year. Slow down is all I'm sayin. Just cuz they out there, don't mean we gotta throw maxes at them.

The Lakers are going to come out of the off-season with Karl-Anthony Towns and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson.

And that's it.

:pimp:
I take it back.

Let's go Wes Matthews, Pat Beverley and Ed Davis in free agency.

Three point shooting? Check. Defense? Check. Toughness? Check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom