2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are smart fans.
You guys just arent taking into account that Jim Buss is not smart.

He's not going to think like people like P or Essential think.
He wants to make money, he wants to fill seats.

He wants to "show" the Laker fan base that hes trying and not being ignorant.
Hes going to make moves with his ego instead of his smarts.
So you making all these great points to us about signing a 30 year old pg is cool and all, but we're discussing a franchise that just gave up 4 draft picks for a 40 year old point guard... :lol:

So i doubt that Buss cares that this dude is approaching 30, thats probably as young as 18 to him with how old and broke down our players are these days.
This is why i say theres no point in convincing so many fans to be "smart" and "think big picture."
It doesnt matter what we think.

Jim Buss is gonna do what Jim Buss wants to do, and it wont be a pretty sight.
So if hes going to train wreck this franchise, id rather have Dragic on it than not.

The smart way of going after a younger man like Reggie, who we can all understand now is a better value, is most likely not going to be the route he takes.
So we can sit here and discuss all the "smart" ways of going about this rebuild, but we arent in charge. So who cares if we understand it or not.

If a stupid front office like ours gets us Dragic, its better than anything i expect them to actually do for us at this point.
Even though its completely stupid to give up picks and ruin our top 5 pick chances.

Thats how low my expectations have become with this front office, word to Ska.

qtU8Awy.jpg

You guys are smart fans.
You guys just arent taking into account that Jim Buss is not smart.

He's not going to think like people like P or Essential think.
He wants to make money, he wants to fill seats.

He wants to "show" the Laker fan base that hes trying and not being ignorant.
Hes going to make moves with his ego instead of his smarts.
So you making all these great points to us about signing a 30 year old pg is cool and all, but we're discussing a franchise that just gave up 4 draft picks for a 40 year old point guard...
laugh.gif

So i doubt that Buss cares that this dude is approaching 30, thats probably as young as 18 to him with how old and broke down our players are these days.
This is why i say theres no point in convincing so many fans to be "smart" and "think big picture."
It doesnt matter what we think.

Jim Buss is gonna do what Jim Buss wants to do, and it wont be a pretty sight.
So if hes going to train wreck this franchise, id rather have Dragic on it than not.

The smart way of going after a younger man like Reggie, who we can all understand now is a better value, is most likely not going to be the route he takes.
So we can sit here and discuss all the "smart" ways of going about this rebuild, but we arent in charge. So who cares if we understand it or not.

If a stupid front office like ours gets us Dragic, its better than anything i expect them to actually do for us at this point.
Even though its completely stupid to give up picks and ruin our top 5 pick chances.

Thats how low my expectations have become with this front office, word to Ska.

Ramona Shelburne  ‏@ramonashelburne   1m1 minute ago

Phoenix also asked if Lakers would remove protection on the pick they owe them (currently top 5) protected. No traction on either discussion
Good Job Mitch and Jim on turning that bull **** down. 

Charles Barkley: "I Got Traded to the Lakers [in 1992]"

The 1992-93 Lakers were a mediocre bunch, a veteran laden squad that rode the talents of Sedale Threatt, James Worthy, and even current Lakers head coach Byron Scott to a 39-43 record and 8th seed in the Western Conference under head coach Randy Pfund. Ultimately, that year's iteration of the Lakers fell to Charles Barkley and his 1st seeded Phoenix Suns 3-2 in the first round of the playoffs.

But how different could that season have been if Barkley was playing for the Lakers? According to Barkley, that is almost exactly how things played out (Per Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch):

Was there any other team than Phoenix that was close to getting you?

I got traded to the Lakers one day [in 1992] and they retracted the deal.

No way.

Yeah. The Sixers backed out. It was going crazy for two weeks so I knew it would come down to Portland, [the] Lakers or Phoenix. So I get a call from my agent one morning and he said, "Philly has traded you to the Lakers." So I went to lunch and started drinking. I'm f---ing so excited that I am going to the Lakers. Three hours later I get a f---ing phone call from my agent saying that the Sixers backed out of the deal. I said, "Oh, s--t, I'm feeling pretty good right now." So I went out and played that night.

It is unknown what the Lakers would have given up in such a transaction, but it is certainly interesting to imagine Barkley, who averaged 25.6 points and 12.2 rebounds en route to the MVP award that season, wearing purple and gold. Alas, the Lakers would have to wait 4 long years after their failed pursuit of Barkley to return to relevance, when they signed Barkley's now fellow TNT analyst Shaquille O'Neal and drafted some kid named Kobe Bryant right out of high school. Something tells me most Lakers fans would not want to change how things turned out.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...es-barkley-i-got-traded-to-the-lakers-in-1992

I was 10 and I don't remember ever hearing about this...crazy...

thumbs up to jim for quickly hitting the suns with the " im sorry, im in a tunnel " to them asking to remove the protection on the pick

keep at it 

When Lakers called about Dragic last week. Suns declined and offered IT2 instead. Lakers declined.

Whether it was with the protection removed is unclear.

Just cause they think he's stupid, doesn't mean he is.

Dude gets absolutely ripped by media, magic, and casual fan. But he's been in the FO since the pau trade. But Mitch gets all the credit :lol:

The man has been a solid player for a couple years. Thru his late 20's.

We would be paying him top dollar, when he's 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33? And we expect that to work out? :lol: Did we not just learn from this, with Kobe, Pau, Nash, Jamison, Artest squad? :lol:

The most important piece of our franchise right now is this top 5 pick. Which we could make Top 3, if our front office would do its job right.

I pray on everything, that's what happens. Let Dragic go anywhere else, just not us. He's not worth it. Build thru youth, then fill in the gaps from there.

Hornacek's system also inflated Dragic's stats.

Something to think about with Byron at the helm. :lol:

I don't get how many damn point guards the Suns want Jesus christ.

Why not just max CP3 and Ricky Rubio too while you're at it Phx

I wouldn't be scared off by dragic's age. He's the best pg available for the next few seasons outside of the draft. Westbrook will be 28 by the time he's a free agent and relies heavily on athleticism compared to dragic. Who else are we holding out for? We have clarkson who is young and shows promise. I wouldn't want to overpay dragic but he's a very solid option given some of the alternatives

^^don't want dragic for max but ur right Westbrook relies on his athleticism plus he's not that tall. Feels like he going to have a short prime...westbrooks best days are right now.

Kobe, pau, nash, jamison, artest were flourishing from age 29-32. It's really not that big of a deal. By the time he starts to fall off randle, clarkson, and the mystery pick should be done marinating and ready to cook. We need to start building something and dragic would be a good start for the right price

Last edited:
^^don't want dragic for max but ur right Westbrook relies on his athleticism plus he's not that tall. Feels like he going to have a short prime...westbrooks best days are right now.
What? Russ is damn near 6'5" and a cyborg. Dude has MORE bounce after getting knee surgery. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom