2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my .02 cents :

If we get dragic and included the rockets pickc I don't like it. I'll accept it and there's a chance we still keep the top 5 pick. We lose out on a cost controlled late first rounder, but we get a very good point guard.

So I don't hate it, I don't like it.

I prefer we wait till free agency. But meh.

If they did that, and say kicked Goran in the shins and rested him for 29 games, I might get on board. :lol:

I can live with Houston pick.

I can't live with 80 mil, or winning games in March/April when we are two games away from the #2 spot. :smh:

Here's my .02 cents :

If we get dragic and included the rockets pickc I don't like it. I'll accept it and there's a chance we still keep the top 5 pick. We lose out on a cost controlled late first rounder, but we get a very good point guard.

So I don't hate it, I don't like it.

I prefer we wait till free agency. But meh.

If they did that, and say kicked Goran in the shins and rested him for 29 games, I might get on board. :lol:

I can live with Houston pick.

I can't live with 80 mil, or winning games in March/April when we are two games away from the #2 spot. :smh:

You know what's funny? Ireland said something along the lines of if they get a big name. They'll shut em down immediately because the lakers are very aware of the pick implications. I know everyone hates Ireland, but I like him and he's normally spot on.

I think there is a deal amongst the players we have to not include the first round pick, and tank hard.

I'm of the mind that Ed Davis is gone. He's gonna get $6-7-8 mil, it's not worth it. Yes, he's worth it, but from the grand scheme of things I think he's too far out of our range because we need starters.
Jordan Hill is gone, no reason to pick up his player option.

Jordan Hill, Ed Davis, Lakers 2nd, Clippers 2nd

-for-

Goran Dragic & Reggie Bullock

Then our front court is..... Tarik Black / Robert Sacre / Carlos Boozer / Ryan Kelly. :lol:

The one thing that interests me about Dragic is what his cap hold is when he declines his player option. Because that could allow us to go after someone in the $10mil range, and then sign him for something

Last edited:
Man I truly hate some LA fans, dudes scream out they want Dragic and Brandon Jennings without even thinking about it for a second.

Having dragic in pocket would be huge in drawing another free agent. As long as sacre is starting at the 5 we shouldn't be too worried about losing the pick

We know of 4 teams Dragic has on his list of 7. Which means these are also the teams he'd want to play for next year as well.

Heat..... Could make the trade for him.... Deng & 2017 1st Round Pick. Would have to assume Deng opts out of his player option and leaves. Can't sign Dragic outright.
Pacers.... Not sure what offer they could make... But they can't sign him in the offseason.

Leaves us & New York Knicks....

Both can sign him outright.... And I don't even think we need to offer him a max... 4 year / $69mil ($16mil year 1, $18.53 year 4).

If we come within similar $$$ with Knicks, I think he chooses us over them. And Steve Nash would be the reason.

But if Phil wants to max out Goran to play in a system he doesn't fit? Have fun with $19mil Dragic & $24mil Carmelo when you try to get Kevin Durant :lol:

KD's max is projected between 25 and 27 mil starting with the new cap right? If the Knicks max out Dragic they would have no money left to build anything around then so that would eliminate them from the sweepstakes correct?

Assuming Bean comes back for less than 10 mil, he Dragic at 16-18 and KD at 25 with still hopefully our top 5 and Randle would be real nice going into the 2017. We'd still have enough to offer Russ a max deal the following year as well.

Hey, at least a pretty good player like Dragic has us on his list, as **** as we are. :lol:

But let's not do it. Mitch, if the Suns are willing to accept a bunch of our trash for him... be suspicious.

Last edited:
I decided to go crazy with the trade machine to get everyone not at least 50/50 or better to be back out of here... Here you go C CP1708 . Supertank.

Lakers, Suns & Raptors...

Suns receive: Jeremy Lin, Ed Davis, Lakers 2nd Round, Clippers 2nd Rounder (or Rockets pick if that's what gets it done)
Raptors receive: Jordan Hill, Wayne Ellington, Ronnie Price
Lakers receive: Goran Dragic, Reggie Bullock, Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough, Greg Stiemsma

Dragic / Clarkson
Bullock / Fields
Wes / Swaggy P
Boozer / Kelly / Hansbrough
Black / Sacre / Stiemsma

5 wins... Maybe?

Get Dragic.. Get Bullock for 2 second rounders, which isn't bad. A late first it's a mediocre deal, but Bullock is still young with a couple years on contract.

Say we end up with the 1st pick. Going into free agency..

Dragic - Kobe - Randle - Top 5
Clarkson - Bullock - Kelly - Black - Sacre

Cap Hold on Dragic is $11.25mil... We'll have about $10-10.5mil to spend on a free agent. Then give Dragic a 5 year / $80-85mil (he won't get a max from anyone, unless Phil gets real desperate). $80-85mil is a bit high... BUT, he wouldn't be too much of a problem money wise.

Then going into 2016:
Dragic - $10mil guy - Randle - Top 5
Clarkson - Bullock - Kelly - (Whatever picks)
And somewhere between $35-42mil in cap space.

Last edited:
No deals unless they are salary dumps or moves for more picks. Nothing else.

I'm in full tank mode and dragic would mess that up.

If we shipped out Hill & Davis.. In a Dragic trade.. Or even in separate trades, one being for Dragic, one being for crap..

Do you not think this team would be worse?

With Boozer/ Kelly / Black / Sacre getting all 96 minutes at the 4 & 5.

He's not a superstar player but would be a nice piece going forward. Getting rid of other players simultaneously or in other deals could easily wash away what positive impact he'd have. If they play their cards right we could add him and secure a top 3 pick at the same time by selling off the contributing vets.

Dragic playing well with any other help (ie Young/Boozer) could keep us from passing Philly/Minny, and might even drop us below Orlando.

One team jumps up, the Suns get the 6th pick in the draft.

Dragic isn't worth that risk.

You want Dragic, fine, Buy out Boozer, trade Hill, Davis, Ellington, Lin, Price, and bench Young.

Since that ain't happening, no need to chase Goran. He probably usin us anyway to get a better deal.

Don't trade assets for guys that will be free agents in 2 freakin months. Bird rights alone aren't worth it.

How many more wins does this team have in it. As is. Staying pat? 10? And I feel like that's a stretch. And I think you would think that's a stretch.

Add Goran Dragic & Reggie Bullock.. Drop Jordan Hill, Ed Davis.

That alone is a beneficial trade to the tank.

Play that team as is. And that team wins more than 10 games? Come on CP.

Last edited:
I hear ya. People want name recognition, good players, etc. I feel ya.

I'm a big picture guy. He's good, but he doesn't bring us closer to true relevance. At 29, 80 million dollars, costing us other potential assets, to what, get us the 5 seed in a year or two?

Naw.

I'd take a younger guy, lesser money, and give away no assets, so at least we maintain some flexibility and some maneuvers to make goin forward.

But thas me.

Goran in 4th quarters can do what Swaggy did last year. Steal games.

Ed Davis and Hill typically don't steal games late.

When we play NY, Minny, Philly, etc, Goran is the best player on the court. He could steal those games.

No thanks. The pick is more important than Dragic. And 4 times cheaper, and a decade younger.

Not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom