2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kobe taking no time off since ending his season

plenty of free agent/potential trades in the summer and the years to come. no need to stop the tank to get a non top 5 player this year

Thanks for sharing that link. That Kobe X event sounds dope. Too bad I'm not in LA for it. Let us know how it goes. 

Sam Amick @sam_amick
For all the focus on what team execs want this time of year, don't forget that 'tis the season for players eyeing greener pastures too.

As such, we have Suns' Miles Plumlee, who has drawn interest from Knicks & Lakers. Reluctance to take on $ for next year, but only $2.1 mil

Kobe Interview got me in my feels. 

**** yall I don't want him to retire :frown:
I feel you. I watched it earlier and it had me nostalgic. I liked the candor about his leadership style, on-court persona, and insight into his relationship with MJ. The end is near. :\

Where's that exhibit at? Also, I appreciated Kobe's compliments of Westbrook. Subtle recruitment? :wink: :nerd:

If y'all haven't seen it, here's a link: 

Is it against the rules to link vids like that? If it is, let me know and I'll edit it. Otherwise, enjoy. 

Thanks man! View media item 44616

A team with DeMarcus Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Rudy Gay and a better coach than Byron Scott won 28 games.

That's a .341 winning percentage. Before the Rudy Gay trade, they had a .319 winning %

In 29 games we have left, that would be 10 wins.

23 total wins. That is best case. Assuming we have DeMarcus Cousins, and Rudy Gay on the team.
roll.gif

Who will we be passing? 23 teams already have 20 wins. Magic? Kings? Jazz? Nah.

Let's see what we're giving up. In Isaiah Thomas' best season

he was 20.3 / 2.9 / 6.3 on .453 / .349 / .850

If we trade Jordan Hill & Wayne Ellington
12.3 / 8 / 1.4 on .476 / .000 / .760
9.3 / 3.1 / 1.3 on .446 / .389 / .810

Sooooo where do we get better? A guy who passes better than Wayne Ellington? What the hell is that helping? Ellington plays better defense. So we don't get better defensively.

Now we have IT2, Clarkson, Lin & Price as our entire backcourt.
And our front court is Davis, Black, Boozer, Kelly, Sacre.
Wes & Nick Young at the 3.

Out of all of those players. 11 total in the rotation. How many of them are starters? 1. Isaiah Thomas.

Which means we'll still lose a ton of games.

Where in the world does that team get 10 wins in 29 from?

Will they win some? Yes.

But when you trade away guys to get somebody.. You have to compare what is gone for what you got. And IT2 is a hell of a lot better player than Hill & Ellington, but to say he will now take us out of Top 5 territory is laughable. IT2 is a piece. Not THE PIECE.

We have to start adding things to the team, and if we can add a player like IT2 for basically nothing, and at half what Reggie Jackson, less than half of Dragic... You need to do it.
you said it right...the Kings with all those players won X number of games and guess what, it landed them the 9th pick.

We need a top 3 pick to become relevant faster bc Okafor and Russell are the next great players in the NBA. 

I don't visit S&T much, it moves too fast for me but is there a thread on the Kobe NBATV special?

Missed it :smh:

Just want to pledge my Kobe allegiance to da gawd.

There's a kobe appreciation thread somewhere on here as well as Kobe haters thread. Simple search will assist you.

I thought the interview was good. Ahmad picked his brain on a lot of stuff, not too ground breaking if you've followed his career but still a great trip down memory lane and some of the sound bites especially with MJ were great.

Even more excited to see his Muse doc to delve more into the person and what drives him.

not that good??
I thought the interview was good. Ahmad picked his brain on a lot of stuff, not too ground breaking if you've followed his career but still a great trip down memory lane and some of the sound bites especially with MJ were great.

Even more excited to see his Muse doc to delve more into the person and what drives him.
I agree with @Mamba MVP.  The best things were proally those clips and footage.  Kobe's teeny bopper voice in front of the cameras with that Hornets hat had me LOLing.  I could tell he was lying though about how he enjoyed watching the film from beginning to end.  He hesitated just a bit, but continued to boast himself. haha  Acting like he would cold call someone just to ask questions.

Tom Penn of ESPN made an interesting point:

"The Celtics were one of the worse teams in the league several years ago and traded their pick for Ray Allen and got KG to come there via trade.  The following year they won a title."

Our assets? Randle and top 5 pick.

I wouldn't risk it since Kobe is no where near where PP was.  Also KG was a SUPER STAR (top 5 player) and who is that type of player now that is even available via trade??  Its a long shot IMO

Last edited:
Tom Penn of ESPN made an interesting point:

"The Celtics were one of the worse teams in the league several years ago and traded their pick for Ray Allen and got KG to come there via trade.  The following year they won a title."

Our assets? Randle and top 5 pick.

I wouldn't risk it since Kobe is no where near where PP was.  Also KG was a SUPER STAR (top 5 player) and who is that type of player now that is even available via trade??  Its a long shot IMO

The Celtics had a lot more than just a Randle-level player and a top 5 pick to work with.

Don't have access to YouTube on a big screen and ain't trying to watch it on my phone. Just was giving a heads up if anyone is like me.

you said it right...the Kings with all those players won X number of games and guess what, it landed them the 9th pick.

We need a top 3 pick to become relevant faster bc Okafor and Russell are the next great players in the NBA. 

10 wins in the last 29 is not putting us out of the Top 5.

And we can jump one team and end up with the 3rd worst record, and end up with the 4th pick. Or be the 4th worst record and be the 1st pick.

Isaiah Thomas doesn't hurt the tank if you're trading away multiple players who are our only contributors for him.

And Isaiah Thomas now > >>>>> Potential of the Rockets pick.

The Celtics had a lot more than just a Randle-level player and a top 5 pick to work with.
[h1]Sonics' Allen traded to Celts for Wally, West & Green[/h1]

Thats like trading Nick Young, Lin and top 5 pick for Allen I suppose.

Then for KG

On July 31, 2007, Garnett was traded to the Boston Celtics in exchange for Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Gerald Green, Theo Ratliff, cash considerations, Boston's 2009 first-round draft pick (top 3 protected), and the 2009 first-round pick which Minnesota had traded to Boston in the Ricky Davis-Wally Szczerbiak trade of 2006.

Which is a lot more than the Lakers have. Gomes and Green were youngsters with decent upside at the time. 3 valuable pieces + 2 picks.

Plus they had Rondo and Perkins leftover. Both exceeded expectations when the 07-08 season started, but they were still decent pieces at the time the team was being built.

Last edited:
[h1]Sonics' Allen traded to Celts for Wally, West & Green[/h1]

Thats like trading Nick Young, Lin and top 5 pick for Allen I suppose.

Not quite.

Sonics had Durant in hand, were adding another top pick to go with, and getting out of aging vet contract.
Not a lot of those type deals to be made, nor should we attempt to do the same. 37 year old Kobe is not 29 year old Pierce. We'd be stupid to attempt similar deal.

10 wins in the last 29 is not putting us out of the Top 5.

23 wins could make us #5.

One team jumps, we are screwed, royally.

We need inside top 3 to be safe. 4-5 isn't good enough.

Even at 4th, one team jumps, we drop to 5. Okafor, Towns, Mudiay, Russell all gone. Big drop off from there.

10 wins is horrible idea. We should lose all 29, play it safe. Pick too important.

Now, we could lose all 29 and still pick 4th, I know, but at least we guaranteed Mudiay or Russell. (Or Towns I guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom