2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not watching the Interview, but you guys really though Kobe was going to retire, especially if the Lakers are able to land a big name this offseason or next. He's either going to go after the scoring record or trying to get number 6 in the process.

Just hopefully the idiots in management don't write him another black check this time.

Fine if he comes back.

1 mil a year, 20 minutes a night. 65 games a year.

Welcome aboard.

More than that, go **** yourself.

If they get Dragic and get rid of Hill, Lin and/or Boozer and just let the young guys play, we should be worse.

On the Isaiah Thomas front, cap is supposed to be between $85mil - $92mil in 2016.

If cap is $85mil in 2016, Isaiah Thomas contract is 7.7% of the cap, if $91mil, it's 7.2%.

For a guy that does what IT2 does on offense? Make an offer to the Suns right now. Hell even overpay in a trade, give them Hill, Ellington, Rockets pick.

We'd have him for next year, 2016 & 2017.
It wouldn't be just Hill, Ellington and the Rockets pick.  It would also include a non-top 5 pick from this year, leaving us with no draft pick. 

Im sure a healthy Swaggy and IT2 can get us out of the top 5 range.  I say absolutely not.

If we have to give up the Rockets pick, fine, IT2 or Dragic will likely be better in the term than that pick or in the unlikely scenario we were able to package the Rockets pick with another to move up in the draft. I mean we have to start team building sometime, just can't wait until the offseason to try and swing for the fences. If we do this right, we can get an upgrade at PG while not jeopardizing our ability to grab Towns or Okafor.

I agree with CP, buy out Boozer, and accept whatever trash Hill and Lin can get you (preferably Perk and Reggie Jax just to be able to control him) or make a play for IT2/Dragic with the Rox pick.

So the consensus around here is to nab 1 of IT2 or dragic while sacrificing houstons 1st..which means there is no faith in JC going forward/investing in other positions of need?

Interesting.

On the Isaiah Thomas front, cap is supposed to be between $85mil - $92mil in 2016.

If cap is $85mil in 2016, Isaiah Thomas contract is 7.7% of the cap, if $91mil, it's 7.2%.

For a guy that does what IT2 does on offense? Make an offer to the Suns right now. Hell even overpay in a trade, give them Hill, Ellington, Rockets pick.

We'd have him for next year, 2016
It wouldn't be just Hill, Ellington and the Rockets pick.  It would also include a non-top 5 pick from this year, leaving us with no draft pick. 

Im sure a healthy Swaggy and IT2 can get us out of the top 5 range.  I say absolutely not.

A team with DeMarcus Cousins, Isaiah Thomas, Rudy Gay and a better coach than Byron Scott won 28 games.

That's a .341 winning percentage. Before the Rudy Gay trade, they had a .319 winning %

In 29 games we have left, that would be 10 wins.

23 total wins. That is best case. Assuming we have DeMarcus Cousins, and Rudy Gay on the team. :rofl:

Who will we be passing? 23 teams already have 20 wins. Magic? Kings? Jazz? Nah.

Let's see what we're giving up. In Isaiah Thomas' best season

he was 20.3 / 2.9 / 6.3 on .453 / .349 / .850

If we trade Jordan Hill & Wayne Ellington
12.3 / 8 / 1.4 on .476 / .000 / .760
9.3 / 3.1 / 1.3 on .446 / .389 / .810

Sooooo where do we get better? A guy who passes better than Wayne Ellington? What the hell is that helping? Ellington plays better defense. So we don't get better defensively.

Now we have IT2, Clarkson, Lin & Price as our entire backcourt.
And our front court is Davis, Black, Boozer, Kelly, Sacre.
Wes & Nick Young at the 3.

Out of all of those players. 11 total in the rotation. How many of them are starters? 1. Isaiah Thomas.

Which means we'll still lose a ton of games.

Where in the world does that team get 10 wins in 29 from?

Will they win some? Yes.

But when you trade away guys to get somebody.. You have to compare what is gone for what you got. And IT2 is a hell of a lot better player than Hill & Ellington, but to say he will now take us out of Top 5 territory is laughable. IT2 is a piece. Not THE PIECE.

We have to start adding things to the team, and if we can add a player like IT2 for basically nothing, and at half what Reggie Jackson, less than half of Dragic... You need to do it.

Last edited:
If kobe wants to play forever honour him by giving him the magic Johnson special

20 years 20 mil contract

If they bring in IT, then Booz has to go. We don't have margin for error.

I'll take IT, that's fine, but to counter that, I don't need Boozer gettin 16 and 9 off the bench.

Booze, Ellington, Hill, Houston pick off the roster

IT on the roster. That's the trade off.

F winning 10 games hurts nothing. We need to get below Philly and Minnesota. Winning 10 games is not the recipe for that.

So if we wanna pull IT, I'm fine with that, but Booz has to be bought out then. Those are the terms I'd need to see.

If they bring in IT, then Booz has to go. We don't have margin for error.

I'll take IT, that's fine, but to counter that, I don't need Boozer gettin 16 and 9 off the bench.

Booze, Ellington, Hill, Houston pick off the roster

IT on the roster. That's the trade off.

F winning 10 games hurts nothing. We need to get below Philly and Minnesota. Winning 10 games is not the recipe for that.

So if we wanna pull IT, I'm fine with that, but Booz has to be bought out then. Those are the terms I'd need to see.

Have to be realistic. Boozer isn't going anywhere though CP, so don't get in a rage.

Would have to be Ed Davis. Since Lin is a pariah.

Yes. We want Ed back... But the biggest problem is he's going to get paid. And it will probably end up being far more than he's worth.

Wanted to say a 3 team deal... But no way we could get Thunder in on it when they are competing with the Suns.

Last edited:
So the consensus around here is to nab 1 of IT2 or dragic while sacrificing houstons 1st..which means there is no faith in JC going forward/investing in other positions of need?

Interesting.

And if Mudiay or Russell was our pick... Is that not the same exact thing?

He's a 2nd Round Pick.. If he's going to be a long term starter, he was always going to have to take it from someone. Hell you pray a 2nd Round Pick can even make a contribution to your rotation. Not to mention, if we don't draft PG, we were going for PG in Free Agency.

Last edited:
kobe interview was so dope man. Kobe shows again and again why he's worthy of being my hero. Just the work ethic and the determination alone, dude had the IT factor. He enjoys the game on the court and everything else that we dont see. dude is just an interesting individual.

Kobe and Mike man. I just dont see anyone coming close in terms of game and personality.

Legends.

(I will say I loved Bird's game and his personality too, but he wasnt quite on that pinnacle these guys are)

That is true, essential...but all of JC, russell/mudiay r 6-5 combo guards/interchangeable. Iuno..to me it's just the inexpensive/sensible route and once kobe retires u can have a starting backcourt of JC/russell or mudiay. .2 combo guards..shrugs

Last edited:
That is true, essential...but all of JC, russell/media r 6-5 combo guards/interchangeable. Iuno..to me it's just the inexpensive/sensible route and once kobe retires u can have a starting backcourt of JC/russell or mudiay. .2 combo guards..shrugs

Mudiay isn't a combo guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom