2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok..I get it..he's listed as a PG but he has the size of a 2 guard..I guess that's more what I was implying. So if JC becomes a knockdown shooter, he then becomes your starting 2 guard(once 24 retires), also at 6-5..would be nice to develop 2 nice guards going forward.

I would grab Dragic.  Isaiah looks like he can step up being a starter for PHX.  Reggie Jackson is okay too, mostly because of what he said about being a 'starter'.  This is what I meant.

Let's call Hannibal Lecture AKA Anthony Hopkins to do the gig.  Dude was a scout for a while, so hopefully he has good eyes.

Last edited:
The legend of YOLO continues:

Their would-be star was a hazardous fit -- sometimes even literally. One day, memorably, the rehabbing big man parked next to Aaron Barzilai, [then-Sixers general manager Tony] DiLeo's newly hired director of basketball analytics, in the parking lot of the team facility at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. As Bynum shuffled inside, Barzilai noticed something on their would-be star's custom black Ferrari and called after him. Bynum, it turned out, had driven away from a gas station without removing the pump's nozzle and eight-foot rubber hose, which he'd dragged, pythonlike, through the street.

Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-hose-hanging-from-his-ferrari-195806092.html

:rofl:

A trade that won't happen.. But should since we're in the spirit of trade.

Raptors receive: Jordan Hill, Wayne Ellington, Lakers 2nd Round Pick, Clippers 2nd Round Pick (if conveyed)
Lakers receive: Landry Fields, Tyler Hansbrough, Raptors 2015th 1st Round Pick

Raptors real cost is moving from probably 27th in the draft to 34th. It's a cost, but not a big one.

League Average in 3P% , below average rebounding team. Jordan & Wayne both improve them in those regards. They need front court depth.

They really have nothing to show from Landry or Psycho T.

We get way worse. Get another 1st (Yes, I know they won't trade their 1st, but god damn Ujiri, it's not going to have any use to you)

Last edited:
Why on Earth would we keep Boozer for 30 games and give up Davis? Whaaaaa?

Because they are not buying out Carlos Boozer..

You're inventing a move that likely hasn't even been discussed by them.

:lol: :lol:

If they haven't even discussed a buyout for Boozer, they all need to be ****** fired.

75% of Lakers Twitter is about that buyout. :lol:

I can't be more clear, yet again, if these **** tards keep a worthless short-time vet thru the season, jamming up PT for young guys, in a loser season, just like they did last year, we got bigger problems.

There is ZERO reason to keep Boozer on this roster beyond this week. He won't be here next year, so why give him 29 games that we want to lose anyway?

I'll live with no trades, but I won't accept not buying out a short term vet.

Imagine Chuck wilding in LA every night. :lol:
Was there any other team than Phoenix that was close to getting you?

I got traded to the Lakers one day [in 1992] and they retracted the deal.

No way.

Yeah. The Sixers backed out. It was going crazy for two weeks so I knew it would come down to Portland, [the] Lakers or Phoenix. So I get a call from my agent one morning and he said, “Philly has traded you to the Lakers.” So I went to lunch and started drinking. I’m f---ing so excited that I am going to the Lakers. Three hours later I get a f---ing phone call from my agent saying that the Sixers backed out of the deal. I said, “Oh, s--t, I’m feeling pretty good right now.” So I went out and played that night.
http://www.si.com/more-sports/2015/02/15/charles-barkley-analytics-interview-nba-all-star-weekend

Philadelphia Inquirer speculated that Barkley and small forward Ron Anderson would have been sent to the Lakers in exchange for James Worthy and Elden Campbell.
http://articles.philly.com/1992-01-12/sports/26034152_1_trade-los-angeles-lakers-worthy

Last edited:
I would grab Dragic.  Isaiah looks like he can step up being a starter for PHX.  Reggie Jackson is okay too, mostly because of what he said about being a 'starter'.  This is what I meant.

Let's call Hannibal Lecture AKA Anthony Hopkins to do the gig.  Dude was a scout for a while, so hopefully he has good eyes.

View media item 1405741

looks more like an aging mark hamil

Kobe Interview got me in my feels. 

**** yall I don't want him to retire 
frown.gif

Kobe Interview got me in my feels. 

**** yall I don't want him to retire 
frown.gif
I feel you. I watched it earlier and it had me nostalgic. I liked the candor about his leadership style, on-court persona, and insight into his relationship with MJ. The end is near. 
ohwell.gif

Where's that exhibit at? Also, I appreciated Kobe's compliments of Westbrook. Subtle recruitment? 
wink.gif
nerd.gif

If y'all haven't seen it, here's a link: 

Is it against the rules to link vids like that? If it is, let me know and I'll edit it. Otherwise, enjoy. 

Yall r funny...so instead of the potential of mudiay or Russell yall wanna use the draft pick to get Dragic??? He's a good player but we already have an overpaid scoring pg who can't play defense. The biggest problem the lakers have is a pg who can DEFEND. Say it with me folks DEFEND. Aren't yall tired of seeing Lillard, and WWestbrook and Curry and Bledsoe and Lawson etc torch us every game???? If Clarkson is our best wing defender NOW,imagine what a guy like Mudiay can do. But yall want to use the pick on Dragic? Who by the way is abt to turn 29?? And I'm the one bugging?

And another thing, to me Mudiay has more potential than anyone in college now. Okafor and Towns are really good, but our biggest weakness is the backcourt not the front court, we have a logjam in the post right now, and Marc Gasol and DeAndre Jordan Are FAs. I actually Like Cauley Stein more than Towns anyway, but what do I know yall r the GMs who want to give Reggae Jackson and Goran Dragic JLin type contracts......

Last edited:

got rsvp'd for this kobe x event this saturday

https://www.nike.com/events-registr...pObpQ&site=je6NUbpObpQ-yPanJNe6w5qCNfWD8644KQ

NikeLa will tweet out more spots tomorrow if anyone wants to see Kobe and check this event out
Goddamnit. Ima be all over this tomorrow.

How quickly did you get to it? 
entered  yesterday evening, was sent a confirmation 2-3 min later 
Nice, is there a plus one? or just you?

And another thing, to me Mudiay has more potential than anyone in college now. Okafor and Towns are really good, but our biggest weakness is the backcourt not the front court, we have a logjam in the post right now, and Marc Gasol and DeAndre Jordan Are FAs. I actually Like Cauley Stein more than Towns anyway, but what do I know yall r the GMs who want to give Reggae Jackson and Goran Dragic JLin type contracts......

I'm not sure I want either one personally, but Reggie Jackson or Goran Dragic on "JLin type contracts" would be a steal :lol:

Last edited:
Dammit I got an alert for the blackout thing, didn't open it up smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom