2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't listen to Ireland, listen to me.
wink.gif
Lol fasho Champ 

Lol...yup...The Ireland stance is what it is. Making a move strictly for the sake of making a move doesn't make much sense unless you're doing booz a favor or trying to "inadvertently" tank HARD. But mind u...This is the la Lakers NT thread so the latter is the obvious answer...

"Look, man....we tired of seeing these rainbow 16 footers keeping it within single digit deficits."

And LOL@the notion of being amnestied and then paid to go away from the claiming team that's bottom 5. I wouldn't know how to feel.."great" for being paid by 3 teams in 1 season, or "deflated".

What if Boozer himself wants to be bought out so he can play on a playoff team?

It's not just micromanaging, it's doin the right thing for the team, and the player.

If Boozer doesn't care, and is fine playin out his year off the bench, on a 13 win team, doesn't that say quite a bit as well? :nerd:

He's been a consummate professional. When a guy goes down to DLeague (Kelly or Clarkson), and the young guys go to support, he goes with them.

Didn't complain about going to the bench.

Frustrating player to watch at least as he's an old man, but I think he actually likes being here.

Annoying guy. But I sure as hell respect him a lot.

I doubt he sees it as important to go somewhere for 2 months, when he could do it next year.

Last edited:
He's been a consummate professional. When a guy goes down to DLeague (Kelly or Clarkson), and the young guys go to support, he goes with them.

Frustrating player to watch at least as he's an old man, but I think he actually likes being here.

Yeah Cali is Booz home in the offseason he lovin it out here 

True..booz has handled this season well. I belive for a split second he was peeved (along with j.lin) for being moved to the 2nd unit but once he got almost the same amount of burn/touches...it boiled over and he went back to bein a pro....having said that..I don't see any moves being made by thurs. Just 2 more months of this to endure. And at least JC will go into next yr with a large chunk of experience as a de facto starting PG.

Right now it seems like a quiet trade deadline on ALL fronts...

The lack of relevant talk and not just blustering is almost non-existent.

I'm coming around on trading for Isaiah Thomas if it's there. I'm certainly on board for Goran. But IT2 with the contract he's on in 2016 & 2017 could be :wow: .

I doubt he sees it as important to go somewhere for 2 months, when he could do it next year.
Agree with all of this. Booz has been a pro through and through, and a great teammate too. And the occasional screams crack me up. 
laugh.gif

But if he wants out, I'd let him go. Otherwise, nothing wrong with him sticking around and teaching the young bucks about being a good professional and teammate. 

This.

He's a great teammate and i like his role on the team.

He would've been a great mentor to Julius.

Agree with all of this. Booz has been a pro through and through, and a great teammate too. And the occasional screams crack me up. :lol:

But if he wants out, I'd let him go. Otherwise, nothing wrong with him sticking around and teaching the young bucks about being a good professional and teammate. 

Yeah. If he wants out (Nothing indicates he does). But if he did, Lakers would oblige.

And him being a mentor to Julius was one of the reasons I wasn't too mad at us going after him (My hatred was all because he's annoying to watch). But he could teach Julius a lot about being successful on offense in the NBA while being a below the rim guy.

If I see Randle bust out a reverse pivot high arcing fadeaway while screaming out "hoooollllaaattt" it will all be worth it. His swag is immeasurable

On the Isaiah Thomas front, cap is supposed to be between $85mil - $92mil in 2016.

If cap is $85mil in 2016, Isaiah Thomas contract is 7.7% of the cap, if $91mil, it's 7.2%.

For a guy that does what IT2 does on offense? Make an offer to the Suns right now. Hell even overpay in a trade, give them Hill, Ellington, Rockets pick.

We'd have him for next year, 2016 & 2017.

Last edited:
On the Isaiah Thomas front, cap is supposed to be between $85mil - $92mil in 2016.

If cap is $85mil in 2016, Isaiah Thomas contract is 7.7% of the cap, if $91mil, it's 7.2%.

For a guy that does what IT2 does on offense? Make an offer to the Suns right now. Hell even overpay in a trade, give them Hill, Ellington, Rockets pick.
wait a minute 

wait a minute 

Yes.. Overpay... To the Suns.. Again :rofl:

Isaiah and Swaggy would be everything, but I'm not risking anything this season. :lol:

Eh... If it was Hill, Ellington for IT2. Doesn't move the needle.

Or Lin, Davis for IT2.

Or Hill, Davis for IT2.

Anything like that would take away enough that adding Isaiah would be the same.

Last edited:
Go all out for 29 year old Dragic, at 80 mil

Or

Go all out for 19 year old Towns/Russell/Okafor, at 25 mil.

This isn't difficult. :lol:

Maybe it's just me but I dont see the hype around Dragic 

He's an extremely efficient scorer at the point guard position.
And his athleticism makes him the perfect complement to Kobe.

That said I still don't think he's a max player.

Last edited:
Trade for him dragic No... For 80 mil no way.
I'd rather give Leonard (no chance right ) max $ and get a top pick..

Sounds great in theory. You should put in an application for GM after Mitch is fired or resigns. You've got the right stuff.

There are moves that can be made to bottom all the way out.

wait a minute 

Yes.. Overpay... To the Suns.. Again :rofl:

Isaiah and Swaggy would be everything, but I'm not risking anything this season. :lol:

Eh... If it was Hill, Ellington for IT2. Doesn't move the needle.

Or Lin, Davis for IT2.

Or Hill, Davis for IT2.

Anything like that would take away enough that adding Isaiah would be the same.
True.

I'm just having nightmares of D'Antoni stealing like 10 wins he had no business winning last season. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom