2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LA never really had All Star PGs sort of speak to win. No one has talked about Coaching and System. Everyone is focused on player talent and potential.

Why dont the Lakers figure out who and what they wanna do and come to that consensus as a start. It‘s 2015 and franchises still don‘t get it. I would prefer a franchise get in line top down about what they wanna do first.

A coaching staff should have say in terms of what he/ she wants to do, and that includes who they want to bring in, whether by free agency ir draft. This is common sense, but LAs mindset about swinging for the fences hasn‘t worked to well.

Last edited:
LA never really had All Star PGs sort of speak to win. No one has talked about Coaching and System. Everyone is focused on player talent and potential.

Why dont the Lakers figure out who and what they wanna do and come to that consensus as a start. It‘s 2015 and franchises still don‘t get it. I would prefer a franchise get in line top down about what they wanna do first.

A coaching staff should have say in terms of what he/ she wants to do, and that includes who they want to bring in, whether by free agency ir draft. This is common sense, but LAs mindset about swinging for the fences hasn‘t worked to well.

This is a wonderful post. I applaud you.

Maybe a chemistry driven focus is what franchises need. Much like how sports.franchises evaluate players on a personality level. Its not always about stats, but whether players buy into the idea about punching their names in the history books. Yall get my point dough. Sadly, the union and cba is all about money and that in itself can sometimes deter players. Kobe and MJ were often seen as special players, not because of their physical talent, but because of their desire to win and make a name for themselves.

Btw, i am obviously not saying these guys dont have talent, but their mindset is what sets them apart. The scardy cats like LBJs need to phone a friend, and hide behind competitons to sell their stock value and preserve their precious bodies.

This might sound a little farfetched but I can see Karl Towns developing into a LaMarcus Aldridge clone when its all said and done. Hope we draft the kid. Oh and Westbrook to LA please :pimp:

Yall want Mitch fired? Cold world

Mitch has built a network of connections around the league for 15 years that's really valuable, I want Jimbo to stop Jerry Jonesin and let Mitch run basketball ops. Jim should just be the final sign off on deals

He does what MOST owners do.

It isn't like Jim just comes in and makes all deals, and ignores Mitch.

They come to the table with ideas, they talk, and make decisions together. I'm sure Jim has wanted to do things, and Mitch persuades him not to.

Jim isn't the problem.

The system is fine the way it is. The reason we are where we are, is a serious of bad breaks (literally and figuratively) that we somehow avoided from 1995-2012, and it finally caught up with us.

Now there were a few things to maybe change things for the better in the past 3 years, but it would only kick the can down a couple more years.

Last edited:
cp complaining about old people 
mean.gif

not sure what they were thinking during the nash trade knowing that they were going to keep mike brown to start the season 

I was honestly expecting someone to say that about LaVine :rofl:

Prisoner of the moment.

Lot of people were saying it in the all star weekend lavine is gonna be the next russ that is lol

Like really havent we gone through this with alot of players in the nba?

Guys really get hypnotized by the dunk sometimes :lol:

Last edited:
I know why they did it, but it was a stupid move. And has set us back years. All in the name of one last hurrah. :smh:

Let me start by saying, hindsight 20/20, it was a horrible trade. And we got the short end of a ticking fuse.

But I don't know about set us back years CP, I think it all goes the same way had it been Ramon Sessions instead of Steve Nash. In '12-13 & '13-14.

The 1st Round Pick from 2013 is already out of the league. And that 2nd round is pretty bare. Ryan Kelly is currently the best 2nd rounder out of that class. The Suns used that pick to trade up 1 to get Archie Goodwin, and he stinks.
The 2013 2nd Rounder hasn't played, but was used as part of a trade exception to get Isaiah Thomas. Which had we kept the pick not happened anyway because we had cap space this past year. 57th pick, if you look at the guys after & the notable undrafted players.. We'd have nothing for that pick.
The 2014 2nd was traded to the Bucks to get them Wes Johnson :lol:

Now if we lose the pick this year that's huge.

But if it's next year, and around 12-13. That was the real cost. That #12-13.

I don't think it set us back YEARS because we were lock in cap wise '12-13 & '13-14 with Nash or without Nash.Would have been Ramon Sessions instead of Steve Nash. Ramon wasn't fixing 2012-13. We would have still struggled to get to the playoffs. 2013-14 we'd be the same team most likely. The only time it was an inconvenience was this year's offseason, but didn't prevent us from making a max offer. Now if Kobe was a few million less, and Nash wasn't here, maybe we have 2 max deal offers. BUT, not sure we could swing 2 max guys this past offseason.

It hurt us. But set us back years? Dwight Howard leaving set us back years. Steve Nash was just the right move that blew up in our face. With little repercussion (unless we lose the pick this year).

But think of it from a reality standpoint. We desperately needed to develop a team through the draft. If Steve Nash is healthy Year 1-3 (relatively) are we able to do that? Do we get Julius Randle & maybe a top 5 pick. Do we take on Jeremy Lin signaling a "if it works, fine. If it doesn't we'll really stink" plan, and get a pick out of it?

While Steve Nash was another stone in "The Lakers Empire is Crumbling," it could also be the thing that pushed us to what we needed to do instead... Have high draft picks.

Last edited:
Front Office post CP3 trade has been nothing but horrible.

A (nd really, it started pre CP3 trade too, but to a lesser extent. Going older with Artest, Barnes and Blake instead of Ariza/Farmar. Selling off draft picks during and after the title years, hiring Mike Brown.....)

After CP3, they....

Overreacted and overspent for Nash. After winning 5 Titles with Ron Harper, Derek Fisher and Jordan Farmar, they felt it necessary to spend 30 mil and multiple draft picks on a 38 year old PG with known back issues.

Dealt the oft injured Bynum and another first rounder for Dwight. This one is a solid move, however it was risky with no extension.

Hired MDA over Phil. Claim to have hired MDA because of Nash, wanted PG driven Showtime era style in new rules league.

48.5 to torn achilles Kobe.

Not trading Pau, or maxing out tank chances.

Signing Nick Young, then extending him 4 years.

After missing on Phil, then poor deal to wounded Kobe, they don't support MDA and build roster around him, nor offer to guarantee ONE year, so he leaves. Guaranteeing that year keeps the team more stable going forward.

Signing Boozer.

Offering the max to 30 year old Melo. (Lucky to dodge that bullet)

Hiring Byron Scott. :smh:

Getting Lin, Clarkson, Ed Davis, Ellington, players that would thrive under MDA. :smh:

(Note, also positive moves getting Lin + pick, Clarkson, and Davis, the point was about not having best coach for them)

Jeanie publicity tour on ESPN looking STUPID as hell.

Homer *** media like Worthy, Magic, etc mouth piecing for Scott who has shown how horrible he is.

And now, if they ignore yet another trade deadline...........

Things are really, really bad. We need to get pure lucky with Randle, pray Clarkson turns into something, pray to keep our pick, hope the Houston pick turns out good, pray we can flip someone, anyone for tanking purposes or adding a piece. Somehow keep Davis. Hope they can sign someone solid, hope Kobe comes back for next year, then leaves after that, and hope the cap jumps high enough to let them outspend other teams in a year or two.

That's a lot to hope for after this run of poor work. :frown:

The Nash trade was worth the gamble, but giving up four draft picks was incredibly short-sighted.

Yeah I wouldn't have minded the trade if the picks weren't involved. Trading picks for a guy on the back end of his career is always a major gamble. Thing is, that was a pretty decent team on paper. Dwight, Pau, Kobe, Nash, just didn't work out one bit.

Hiring Mike Brown had to be the dumbest front office decision in a long time. I'm talking since the Isiah Thomas era Knicks bad.

laugh.gif
good point, but still a no.

I know why they did it, but it was a stupid move. And has set us back years. All in the name of one last hurrah.
mean.gif
Quote:

The Nash trade was worth the gamble, but giving up four draft picks was incredibly short-sighted.
but IF things panned out...nash stayed healthy and DH actually stayed...all this is the equivalent of being a monday morning quarterback

I don't care if it panned out or not (obviously not) but giving up four picks was stupid. Jared Dudley was on the Lowe Post the other day saying the Suns had deciding to move away from Nash. SO WHY GIVE UP FOUR PICKS?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom