2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Well I would rather have had Granderson than Swisher... I think Swisher was an average outfielder..... I think it was terrible that Jason Werth and Carl Crawford got the deals they did.... They really inflated the market for outfielders maybe it will come down to FMV going forward...

I think (also hope) there are a few things in our favor.

1. He's 32. Considering the yearly, these contracts suck discussions when a big name gets 7 years in their 30s that it will drive him down to 4, maybe 5.
2. He's been injured all season, so his market has gone down
3. He is a bad hitter for contact, who strikes out a lot
4. His numbers are inflated by Yankee Stadium.

If we trade Hughes for a prospect, and eat up the last $4-5mil for Michael Young this year I'd be happy.. Young may be a guy we could retain for cheap next year, and roll with Tex, Youk & Young at 1B/3B..

Last edited:
Braves contacted us about Phil but nothing happened.

Michael Young said he would waive the no trade to come to NY

Cashman on how close he was to a move: "We had a lot of conversations ... some gained some traction ... some were immediately rejected."

Cashman said over time, "we didn't get anything to lead us to a deal. We certainly explored it enough. Soriano was the big bat we got."

Cashman said the A-Rod situation did not impact his approach at the deadline.

Cashman: "Some of those guys we've engaged on and dealt with will be available in [August], so that's where we'll have to go next."

^If I ever get a man cave. It will be in there.

By the way. I'm looking for a pinstripe tie (exactly like the home uniforms) anyone know where I can get one.. Or a link

Last edited:
Kuroda was superb in the month of July.

2 ER in 33 IP
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Overbay knows how to get a timely hit, thats for sure.

Kuroda has been unreal over the last month

Really wanted to see CC get an at bat in the ninth :lol:

The Yankees announced that Alex Rodriguez is slated to play at Double-A Trenton Friday and Saturday.

• Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees offered to pay the rest of Michael Young’s contract plus a mid-level prospect — “believed to be righthanded pitcher Tommy Kahnle” – but the Phillies turned down the offer. Heyman also notes that the Yankees asked about Carlos Ruiz and were told he wasn’t available. Trading Kahnle would have been a similar prospect price to what the Yankees gave up for Alfonso Soriano.

• The Yankees have signed one of the top international free agents, a 16-year-old Dominican center fielder named Leonardo Molina. According to Baseball America, the Yankees paid $1.4 million for “the best athlete in this year’s international signing class.”

• Previously, the Yankees signed a Dominican shortstop named Yonauris Rodriguez. Baseball America explains why that means a mild penalty for the team: “Between Molina and Rodriguez, the Yankees have spent $1.95 million on international free agents. With an international bonus pool of $1,877,900, the Yankees are over their pool by $72,100, or 3.8 percent. That means the Yankees will have to pay a 75 percent tax on their pool overage (a $54,075 payment, as of today), but they won’t face any signing restrictions for the following signing period unless they go five percent beyond their bonus pool.”

I was looking at Paul O'Neill and Bernie Williams' stats (Off Day, Bored).... .300 (easily) and 20 HRs was almost routine..

I miss those automatic hitters and solid for power days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom