2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

A-Rod's options: Accept suspension or face lifetime ban

According to a source, if A-Rod accepted a settlement that would call for him to be suspended for the rest of this year and the entire 2014 season without pay, he would still have a chance to collect the $60 million the Yankees would owe him from 2015 to 2017.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...qQIwAA&usg=AFQjCNFeDcdEO1VhUmfTszNl-aTptpNgFg

or he could go to court and fight this for 2-4 years, take MLB to the supreme court and make them look terrible while he plays during his appeal and gets paid

That's the thing. It better be some serious evidence for all of this nonsense to be going on. The whole steroid witch hunt has been ridiculous for like 10 years. Is the MLB ever going to move on?

Selig acting like a dictator now. "Best Interest of the Game" Clause, give me a ******g break. All of these scumbags enabled the players use of PEDs. Where's Donald Fehr when you need him?

#freeAROD

^ that's their new angle since he doesn't have any positive tests. Now they're hoping to get him for "being bad for baseball" and blah blah

Enjoy the games, y'all.

Just hit me that the games are on at 10 this week, looks like I'll be running on no sleep for the next couple days...

It looks like the Yankees don't have any options for a deal..

I was thinking about 2014 season (because ARod is likely to not play a single game, and Youk will likely play instead) and I'd really like Beltran.. Only problem is that it creates a log jam between Gardner, Granderson, Ichiro & Soriano.. Unfortunately if you have all 5 play 140 games, there are 50 games too few if they played every single game in the outfield/DH. Tried to do the math in my head, there really isn't a way to make it work, Unfortunately.

I was thinking about 2014 season (because ARod is likely to not play a single game, and Youk will likely play instead) and I'd really like Beltran.. Only problem is that it creates a log jam between Gardner, Granderson, Ichiro & Soriano.. Unfortunately if you have all 5 play 140 games, there are 50 games too few if they played every single game in the outfield/DH. Tried to do the math in my head, there really isn't a way to make it work, Unfortunately.
From what I've heard the Yankees plan on letting granderson walk.... That frees up the outfield for 1 more guy.... If anything I think beltran or alfonso should DH if they decide to acquire him.....

Last edited:

From what I've heard the Yankees plan on letting granderson walk.... That frees up the outfield for 1 more guy.... If anything I think beltran or alfonso should DH if they decide to acquire him.....

Heard the same.. But I'm against letting Granderson walk.. Really makes very little sense.. He's not going to get a 5 year deal, nor will it be nearly as lucrative as it would have been last year.

Just found this from about 2 weeks ago
Joel Sherman of the New York Post spoke with a prominent agent and two front office executives that said Curtis Granderson's injuries make him more likely to remain with the Yankees beyond 2013. Each said Granderson wouldn't top his $15MM annual salary on the open market, and he could accept a one-year qualifying offer (roughly $13.8MM) to re-establish value. It could also give the Yanks a shot to sign him to a four-year deal similar to Nick Swisher deal with Cleveland this offseason

Last edited:
Well I would rather have had Granderson than Swisher... I think Swisher was an average outfielder..... I think it was terrible that Jason Werth and Carl Crawford got the deals they did.... They really inflated the market for outfielders maybe it will come down to FMV going forward...

Back
Top Bottom