2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

Got shut out today.... :smh:

I hope Cashman makes a trade before the deadline this team needs a bat in the worst way....

Can't believe I am saying that about the YANKEES.... :smh:

Last edited:
As much as I want the organization to distance themselves from A-Rod and the inevitable drama that follows him around, he is still the team's best 3B option right now.

A lot of rumors for Alex. NYY wants to say he can't play and collect insurance. Alex wants to attempt to play and say he can't so he can get his money without suspension. A lot of BS rumors.

I hoped to see Alex come back and have 1-2 decent seasons and see him hit 700 HRs, 2000 RBIs and 3000 hits but it's super doubtful now :smh:

Pro my slacking got the best of me :lol: , thread title is now up to date.

Tonight 7/1
LHP Andy Pettitte (5-6, 4.22) vs. LHP Scott Diamond (5-7, 5.40)
8:10 p.m., YES Network

Tuesday 7/2
RHP Phil Hughes (3-7, 4.82) vs. RHP Samuel Deduno (4-2, 3.32)

Wednesday 7/3
LHP CC Sabathia (8-6, 4.15) vs. RHP P.J. Walters (2-4, 6.03)

Thursday 7/4
RHP David Phelps (5-5, 4.95) vs. RHP Kyle Gibson (1-0, 3.00)
2:10 p.m., YES Network and MLB Network

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rodriguez to begin rehab assignment tomorrow

The Yankees have announced that Alex Rodriguez will begin a rehab assignment with Low-A Charleston tomorrow. He’ll start at third base and play a minimum of three innings.

Joe Girardi has guessed that Rodriguez will need pretty close to a full 20-day rehab assignment before being activated. At the very least, beginning a rehab assignment tomorrow means the Yankees believe Rodriguez could be ready within the next three weeks, which puts him back in the lineup — if all goes well — before the trade deadline.

Eduardo Nunez is currently on a rehab assignment with High-A Tampa.

Last edited:
Only dude on the team that's worth a damn. This lineup were trotting out there is terrible.

Seeing sick prospects come up with these new teams had me thinking....when was the last time we had anyone exciting come up? Joba? It's just a tough time to be a fan. We have such a bad farm system. Holy ****.

Shelley Duncan because dude lost his mind when he'd Homer in between the 8 or 9 strikeouts

Last edited:
This ******g ump is calling the plate so damn tight. Not giving Andy any ******g help :smh:

We have such a bad farm system. Holy ****.

And if Stick didnt put his foot down with the Boss, Jeter and Mo would have been dealt a long long time ago. The Boss had no patience with the young guys and he would trade em away. Best thing that happened to the Yankees was George being suspended. Then when he came back he was a hell of a lot tamer and let baseball people make baseball decisions. The Boss was still my main man though haha.

And this era now, the new Steinbrenner generation is about the $$$$ not about baseball. I wouldnt be surprised if what part they own of the Yankees/Yes Network is sold soon.

Wish Stick was still in charge of scouting and making personnel decisions. :frown:

He wouldn't be putting out this ***** on the field.

Only dude on the team that's worth a damn. This lineup were trotting out there is terrible.

Seeing sick prospects come up with these new teams had me thinking....when was the last time we had anyone exciting come up? Joba? It's just a tough time to be a fan. We have such a bad farm system. Holy ****.

They have a good farm but it's just a bunch of dudes in High A which means we're not seeing them for a minute. Have a feeling a few of them will be traded.

Because if they keep putting this product out on the field, that stadium will only get more empty as the season goes on.....

Robertson better get it to Mo. 
nerd.gif

They have a good farm but it's just a bunch of dudes in High A which means we're not seeing them for a minute. Have a feeling a few of them will be traded.

It sure feels like an endless cycle of "we have a bunch of good guys in High A. They finally get to Triple A and/or majors where they're not worth a damn. Then we just get excited about the next bunch at High A. Repeat cycle.

Back
Top Bottom