2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Wolves > bucks though.

Wolves just have some injury trouble :\

And now it looks like Smith is a long shot and the Redick talks are over. As I expected nothing will probably happen. Like I said I think what Smith said about wanting to play with Ellis completely deaded the Redick trade because that was only happening if Ellis was traded for Smith. So it was either that or nothing.

Your not looking at it from the Warriors perspective though.

Klay is a a major liability on defense. Sure he can shoot lights out but the Warriors need a guard who can make outside buckets and create offense off the dribble. Gordon can do that. Sure he's injury prone, but he's worth the risk

You're right about that but defense is easier to teach than a jump shot. Ex: Carmelo Anthony. Give the kid a few years before giving up on him, its not like the warriors are old. I'd rather sit on potential than gamble with more injury risk. (Stephen Curry Right Ankle)

^ problem is, klay misses way too many shots for being a "knockdown shooter"
i think he can create off the dribble but relies heavily on his shot
also, curry is a better 2 than klay. so you got two guys who play the same position. luckily, jarrett jack has been awesome at the point

So Eric Gordon is a PG now? Hes more of a 2 than Steph.
The Warriors are coached by a point guard, if there are conversations to trade for Gordon my money is on Jackson thinking he can make him the PG people projected he'd eventually become in the league. Otherwise it makes no sense. Trade a 6'7 shooter for a 6'3 combo guard, why, when you already have a superior 6'3 combo guard. Steph is a shooter, he needs to be free of the ball and moving around for the catch & shoot -- Gordon DOES NOT do that better than him.

Stephen Curry is a point guard. Plain and simple. If he isn't...then Kyrie Irving isn't either.

Jarret Jack allows him to play off the ball and highlight his most dangerous skill which is shooting the basketball. That doesn't mean he isn't a point guard.

The Bucks are turning into not only a team that no players want to go, but a squad that is unwatchable. A shame, cause they have some nice pieces. I know you're going to give me an essay, one that's so long that the only reason it should be written is if it were graded.

Yes, I realize the team I root for resides in flyover country Minnesota.

I have a friend prescribed to addy. I definitely realize I shouldn't be on here when I take it for big homework or test days where i indeed am being graded because its hard not to write an essay. :lol: The thoughts never stop flowing.

Idk if you read that article I posted or not but its not long. I know I'm repeating myself but it talks about how the Bucks are in a situation like nobody else and players not wanting to come here adds to the problem. So even if it is just for half a year if Josh Smith says he's willing to come here I think we should take a shot at the opportunity while we're already holding on to a playoff spot. We don't have a whole lot to lose other than ticket sales.

The Warriors are coached by a point guard, if there are conversations to trade for Gordon my money is on Jackson thinking he can make him the PG people projected he'd eventually become in the league. Otherwise it makes no sense. Trade a 6'7 shooter for a 6'3 combo guard, why, when you already have a superior 6'3 combo guard. Steph is a shooter, he needs to be free of the ball and moving around for the catch & shoot -- Gordon DOES NOT do that better than him.
I have never ever saw anyone project Eric Gordon to be a point guard.

no way, eg has been injury prone. Klay is nice man, that dude has the potential to be a ray allen/reggie miller if all goes well. eg, whats his ceiling? Klay is taller and has longer range, plus he'll become a better defender

gordon is like ten times the defender klay is now.

i like klay but i admit im a bigger eric gordon fan but i wouldnt be mad if the warriors keep klay

something has to be done because the warriors are about to fall out of the playoff picture...

Having two guys in your backcourt that are 6'3 is NEVER going to work out. Especially two guys that can drop and be out for the season at any minute.

Chris Broussard‏@Chris_Broussard
One of the teams Utah has talked to about Paul Millsap is Minnesota. The name of the very available Derrick Williams came up.

Of course, knowing Broussard, he just mashed together two of the players who are clearly on the market to create a new rumor.

Millsap would just be a backup to Love (unless they're bracing to lose him), Derrick Williams would be too similar to Derrick Favors.

gordon is like ten times the defender klay is now.

i like klay but i admit im a bigger eric gordon fan but i wouldnt be mad if the warriors keep klay

something has to be done because the warriors are about to fall out of the playoff picture...
eg cant even defend his own body from getting hurt...yeah i know n oone can predict injuries but i wouldnt do that deal at all

eg has a huge contract, and i dont think steph has even been extended yet

I have never ever saw anyone project Eric Gordon to be a point guard.
He's a tweener, there's always discussions about what position a tweener is best suited for --- ie: Steph Curry. You call Steph a point, others, me included, see him as more of a two. In today's NBA, it's basically come down to just 5 athletes on the court.

The last time I checked we traded our under sized 2 guard to try something new this year, and it has been working aside from this recent slide. Dubs need to calm down and stay put, an undersized backcourt didn't work before. Ask the same team 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom