2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

well damb

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]304298433991307264[/MEDIA]"]
FYI: Source says trade talks involving Hornets G Eric Gordon and Warriors G Klay Thompson are at "more than exploratory" stage.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) February 20, 2013

[/quote]

Just when it seemed like the Warriors were finally moving in the right direction :smh:

i hope the Warriors don't pull the trigger on that trade.... I like Klay eventhough he's been struggling lately....

Jesus.. come on Golden State.

Your team's starting to go in the right direction.

It's going to come out that a certain Kevin we all know was in Bob Meyers right pocket feeding advice.

Bucks
Hawks
Jazz
Celtics

Are teams I think are gonna make moves :nerd:

[table][tr][td]Darnell Mayberry @DarnellMayberry [/td][td]52m[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Kendrick Perkins will not play tonight against the Houston Rockets. The team says he sprained his right knee in yesterday's practice.
[/td][/tr][/table]
nerd.gif
if Gortat ends up in OKC..... hot damn

do the warriors believe they are the suns all of a sudden?

curry, gordon and bogut all on the same team.. gee

i would love to have klay thompson on my team.. but eric gordan may be a good fit for the warriors

that's a lot of yrs/money for eric gordon coming off an injury
i'd still do it, if i were the w's

rockets are willing to move tjones

I hate the Warriors but whatever it takes to see my dude Eric Gordon get out of that pos team in N.O.

These trades better start going through, dammit.

Trade a young 6'7 shooting guard on the rise for an injury prone 6'3 2 guard?

Naw.

Your not looking at it from the Warriors perspective though.

Klay is a a major liability on defense. Sure he can shoot lights out but the Warriors need a guard who can make outside buckets and create offense off the dribble. Gordon can do that. Sure he's injury prone, but he's worth the risk

dat frontcourt can definitely challenge the heat, idk if any team will take the championship away from the heat tho, esp. since lebron is cooking 
smokin.gif

McHale on trades: ‘We’re not doing anything’

With so many players heading to their first or second trade deadline, Rockets coach Kevin McHale felt no need to address the potential of deals and the need to not be distracted by uncertainty. But he had reason to believe his young team was not concerned.

“We’re not doing anything,” McHale said. “I’d be shocked if we do anything.”

McHale said he has addressed the deadline in other seasons, but has not felt the need to reassure anyone this season, though much can change by Thursday’s 2 p.m. trade deadline. Daryl Morey has made at least one deadline move at each of his previous five seasons as Rockets general manager.

“You have no control over it anyway,” McHale said. “I think it’s an overblown, crazy thing for people. You have no control over it. I never put much stock in it. I don’t believe we’re doing anything anyway, but there are years there are lots of rumors. I just say, ‘Look I have no idea if they’re going to trade you or not. Right now, you’re here with us. Let’s play.’

“It is a distraction. For this year and this team I don’t think it should be a distraction because I don’t think we have anything going. It’s not a big issue, but I don’t think it should be a big issue even when there are rumors out there because you can’t control them anyway as a player.”

The Rockets have been determined to protect their flexibility for next summer’s free agency period. They could use their available cap space to take a player short-term from a team that needs to move salary and would offer a draft pick in the deal. But with the Rockets already at the 15-player limit, that would require creating a roster spot.

The Rockets remain high on Donatas Motiejunas and there is no market for Royce White, potentially making either Cole Aldrich or Terrence Jones as players that get sporadic or no playing time with a relatively greater chance to be moved. That could change, however, depending on the position a player that could potentially be added for the stretch run. Last season, the Rockets added Marcus Camby, allowing them to trade Jordan Hill for a first-round pick that was since used as part of the trade for James Harden.

“It’s just like the draft,” Aldrich said. “People say you are going here or there. Crazy things happen. You never know. You just have to stay together as a team.

“You just go in and do the same thing you normally do. This is my third year going through it. Have your normal routine. If you’re with the team still, that’s awesome. If not, then another chapter starts. That’s part of the business.”

Aldrich said there has been no conversation among the team, with players instead catching up with how they spent their All-Star break.

“There’s been no talk about that at all,” Jones said. “We’ve been just going hard in practice and shootaround, getting ready for tonight. That’s something out of my control. I don’t worry about that. I’m just trying to get better and be ready when it’s my turn.”

For now, McHale said there was no reason for concern. He knew that things often change in the 24 hours before the deadline, but with the Rockets, there have been more reason not to make a deal than in any of Morey’s previous five trade deadlines juggling cell phones.
Link

First off I think the Bucks already have an idea what they're going to do but are waiting to see how they play the Nets at home tonight after Joe Johnson ripped our hearts out last night. How they react will show what needs to be done cause if we lay an egg this will be a brutal way to start off the break.

Second, I think with Smith saying he wants to play with BJ and Monta has a huge effect on what the Bucks will do. Now it's either that or nothing. Milwaukee wouldn't want to risk him coming in unhappier than he probably already is by not keeping Monta. So I think the Monta for Smith - Luc Richard for Redick trade is out the door.

I do see more pros than cons. Some of it has to do with what our GM Hammond has said in this article which is somewhat interesting talking about how he realizes the Bucks are in a ****** situation. http://www.bucksketball.com/2013/01/john-hammonds-difficult-reality/ Given our arena/money/small market issues he can't simply tank. He realizes you need top 5 draft picks not picks in the middle. But the Bucks don't have time to tank because we could lose the team at any point. He has to win now while keeping the contracts flexible enough so we don't comepletely **** ourselves. If we get Smith along with Monta and BJ it will provide a needed buzz for the Bucks. It'll put fans in the seats. Even though it might not be a perfect fit we'll have our own big three that at least has enough talent to solidify a playoff spot. We don't have to commit to any of the three financially so we'll pretty much get a front row audition and be in the driver seat with who exactly we want to move forward with. If worse comes to worse we have the option to let whoever walk. I'd give up LRM. Maybe probably not Ersan. And throw in a 1st rounder. It's gonna be a mid-late pick so whoever it is will probably end up in the D League anyway. Seeing if this works or not is just as valuable. There's a better chance it will than that pick being worth something. It's the Milwaukee Bucks they need to try something out. So why not just see what happens as long as you don't give them an untouchables which are Tobias, Henson, and Sanders. We don't have to commit financially so go for it.

That's too much risk with his injury history. Curry already keeps our dreams on a thread with his right ankle Eric Gordon would make it 10x worse. I say keep the team as is, the team needs an athletic wing to slash into the paint and spread the floor, but I think Harrison Barnes can develop into that. I think they're panicking over their recent slide...dubs need to chill out

The Bucks are turning into not only a team that no players want to go, but a squad that is unwatchable. A shame, cause they have some nice pieces. I know you're going to give me an essay, one that's so long that the only reason it should be written is if it were graded.

Yes, I realize the team I root for resides in flyover country Minnesota.

Last edited:
Your not looking at it from the Warriors perspective though.

Klay is a a major liability on defense. Sure he can shoot lights out but the Warriors need a guard who can make outside buckets and create offense off the dribble. Gordon can do that. Sure he's injury prone, but he's worth the risk
Huh? How am I NOT looking at it from the Warriors perspective by saying no to trading a bigger 2 guard for a smaller injury prone one? 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom