2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

Been saying this for two years myself. Have no idea why Perkins get so many more minutes than Collison, just doesn't make any sense. I'm still haunted by the Tyson Chandler move and than he ends up failing his physical. We would probably have him and never would have traded Green for Perkins. Granted we probably would have lost someone in order to free up cap space, but the Thunder starting line up could have easily been Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, Ibaka, and Chandler, with Harden and Jeff Green coming off the bench.

That's why I can't fall asleep some nights lol.

I don't think we will ever win a championship with Perkins playing as much as he does. I hope I'm wrong, I just dont see it
perk gets the minutes cause he's an intimidating force, not his play per say but just his mean-mug face (thanks kg). foul-trouble plays into how soon collison comes on most nights

How many times do I have to read ".....Chris Broussard reports" :x Seems like he claims/starts every speculation/rumor so if one turns out true, he got it first.

I wonder if bucher left because of ESPN favoring Broussard more. :nerd:

I'd like the Mavs to acquire that head case DeMarcus Cousins, but with a thrown together roster of 1-year deals, the chemistry needed to handle him isn't right. We need a big body that can do work in the paint, rebound, and defend the rim. He doesn't need to score, we have gunners on deck -- 10 points and 12 boards a night would get it done.

I'd like the Mavs to acquire that head case DeMarcus Cousins, but with a thrown together roster of 1-year deals, the chemistry needed to handle him isn't right. We need a big body that can do work in the paint, rebound, and defend the rim. He doesn't need to score, we have gunners on deck -- 10 points and 12 boards a night would get it done.
hes capable of much more than that, really talented but a headcase for sure. hes better than hibbert 

How many times do I have to read ".....Chris Broussard reports"
sick.gif
Seems like he claims/starts every speculation/rumor so if one turns out true, he got it first.

I wonder if bucher left because of ESPN favoring Broussard more.
nerd.gif
I hate that dude man, straight up.

ESPN tried to make him the poster boy after he "broke" the Lebron to Miami story -- which he didn't even break. Stephen A. said Lebron was going to the Heat damn near a week before it happened. Broussard has no sources. He's a clown. Chris Mortensen and John Clayton have sources -- Broussard is a fraud.

just a thought. i think this could work for both teams. Pau Gasol for Monta Ellis & Drew Gooden. (throw in some LAL players  for cap reasons) u tgubj this could work. Bucks get a solid post presence who can play on the block and shoot the j. and LAL gets the wing they need.  Nash, Monta, Kobe, Clark, Dwight.

I thought the NBA Season Thread was stupid enough .... this is like 10 times worse. Some of you guys are making DBD looking like a genius.

just a thought. i think this could work for both teams. Pau Gasol for Monta Ellis & Drew Gooden. (throw in some LAL players  for cap reasons) u tgubj this could work. Bucks get a solid post presence who can play on the block and shoot the j. and LAL gets the wing they need.  Nash, Monta, Kobe, Clark, Dwight.
roll.gif

NBA trade scenarios as we close in on deadline

After eight-plus seasons, almost All-Star forward Josh Smith and the Atlanta Hawks have decided it's time for a change.

So the Hawks are trying to trade Smith before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, and like that awkward Facebook friend page you come across, it's complicated.

Several teams have expressed varying degrees of interest in Smith – from the Los Angeles Clippers to the San Antonio Spurs to the Washington Wizards to the Phoenix Suns to Brooklyn Nets to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Teams all have the same questions about Smith.

1. Will Smith re-sign with the team that acquires him? No team wants to give up key assets for the remaining two months of the season and get nothing long term.

2. Do teams want to sign Smith, who will makes $13.2 million this season, to a five-year deal for maximum money? That's a lot to invest in a quality player who has never been a first-, second- or third-team All-NBA selection or an All-Star.

There's also a third issue that concerns league executives: How will Smith impact the locker room? The Hawks suspended and fined Smith earlier this season for "conduct detrimental to the team."

Brooklyn's offer: MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries and a first-rounder for Smith, a person familiar with the proposed deal told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because of fluid negotiations.

Whatever interest the Wizards had in Smith has disappeared, and Washington is not willing to give up any of the players Atlanta seeks for Smith, a person familiar with talks between the two teams told USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak public about trade talks.

The Bucks are considering putting Monta Ellis in a deal for Smith. There is some concern that Ellis will opt out of the final year of his $11 million deal and go where he wants in free agency. But, that's serious money to walk away from, and it's unlikely Ellis walks away from that for a long term deal. Ellis, 27, can collect $11 million next season, and still get the similar long-term deal starting with the 2014-15 season.

Boston Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge is a good listener, and league executives continue to call Ainge about point guard Rajon Rondo's availability even though Rondo is out for the season with a torn ACL, an NBA executive told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about ongoing negotiations.

Yet according to Rondo's agent, Bill Duffy, Ainge said on Wednesday that Rondo will not be traded.

"He was emphatic that they would not trade Rajon Rondo," Duffy told USA TODAY Sports. "He said, 'We love him, and he's our guy moving forward.' Everybody is trade-able, and there's always a bunch of dialogue with every player in the league who doesn't have a no-trade clause, or LeBron James and a few other guys. In this particular case, Danny Ainge was emphatic that 'we are not trading Rajon Rondo.'"

Ainge also said on Tuesday that the Celtics aren't in the market for a major deal.

The Bucks are active. General manager John Hammond plays the laid-back, gee-shucks Midwesterner. But he likes the trade game. He has shown an interest in Orlando Magic shooting guard J.J. Redick, but the Magic are not enamored yet with anything the Bucks have offered.

Bucks forward Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is one option, but Orlando does not like his contract. But the Magic aren't interested in the remainder of Mbah a Moute's contract – two years, $8.97 million. There is also interest around the league in Bucks center Ekpe Udoh, who is still on his rookie deal.

The Magic have wanted to know Redick's future price. Hoping for a hometown discount, Orlando is not willing to pay much above what he makes now ($6.19 million this season), and Redick wants a significant raise – close to $10 million a season. Orlando continues to take calls on Redick's availability, and the Magic are looking for at least a first-round pick.

Washington Wizards shooting guard Jordan Crawford is not pleased with his reduced role, and the Wizards are looking to move him, a person familiar with Washington's thinking told USA TODAY Sports.

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about trade talks.

On Sunday, Crawford tweeted his December stats: 19 points, six assists, five rebounds per game. But Since Jan. 1, Crawford is averaging just 20 minutes, 8.6 points, 1.9 assists and 1.5 rebounds. Crawford did not play in Washington's 96-88 loss to the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday, the fourth consecutive game he received a "Did Not Play – Coach's Decision."
Link

this could work, laker fan here

bucks get another big man who wont suit up  

it makes basketball sense to me. Monta and B jennings are the same player and Monta is leaving at the end of the season. Pau is one of the best at his position hes just being misused. great passer, shooter, can create his own shot with ball and occasionally sinks the 3. If monta is leaving u might as well get something for him and a vet championship winner seems like a good fit. B jennings already said he isnt going anywhere.  long as they have guys who can knock down open shots when the ball is kicked out the post. Bucks are solid with that deal

Monta can't shoot and he's not going to make anyone else better. Lakers need a better system, not another guard shooting under 40% and competing with Kobe for shots.

Monta can't shoot and he's not going to make anyone else better. Lakers need a better system, not another guard shooting under 40% and competing with Kobe for shots.
hypethetically: if monta came to la, and dwight resigned the lakers would have a nice one-two once kobe and nash  retire in a year or two. 

Back
Top Bottom