2013 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: February 21

its ok, youre a houston fan. if dwight doesnt get traded and he walks to you, then you'll be legit.
i like parsons though, that guy is smoove.
but on a serious note, how you feeling about lin right now?

Bro, do u even watch Rockets games? Comparing Harden to A.I. and Stackhouse is straight ******ed... The latter two are both one dimensional, Harden is the best facilitator at the 2 position in the league right now.

Toney Douglas better than Lin? LOL. I'm a Lin fan, but come on... Lin was playing ****** ball for the first part of the season but has picked it up the past month. This is after coming back from knee surgery in the summer, adjusting and learning to play off the ball with Harden as a spot up shooter. He plays better defense than pple give him credit for, and his jumper is coming along nicely. Not saying he'll be a superstar, he's still very young and has the potential to be a very good PG. Way better than Toney Douglas.

Last edited:
Brandon Jennings now 'near untouchable'

The Milwaukee Bucks continue to discuss Josh Smith trade scenarios with the Atlanta Hawks in advance of Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

But those discussions, sources say, also serve as a strong indication of the rising likelihood that Brandon Jennings will not be moved this week.

ESPN.com reported Tuesday that Monta Ellis is the primary player Atlanta is targeting in its discussion with Milwaukee. Sources say that the Hawks, furthermore, want Milwaukee to add at least one expiring contract to the equation with Ellis and possibly take on some salary.

ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard, meanwhile, reported Wednesday morning on “SportsCenter” that Smith would be interested in playing with both Jennings and Ellis if he wound up in Milwaukee, leading the Bucks to try Wednesday to make the deal without surrendering Ellis.

Yet amid all of those talks, sources say, Jennings has moved alongside Larry Sanders and John Henson on the Bucks’ list of near-untouchables. This is despite Jennings’ widely presumed desire to leave Milwaukee in free agency this summer after failing to seal a contract extension in October like fellow point guards Jrue Holiday, Steph Curry and Ty Lawson and then changing agents earlier this month.

The Dallas Mavericks were at the forefront of the list of teams hoping that the Bucks would make Jennings available this week, but Milwaukee appears intent on taking its chances in the offseason, knowing that Jennings will be a restricted free agent and thus unable to leave town unless the Bucks decline to match an offer sheet he receives.

The Mavericks, sources say, have been pessimistic from the start about their ability to trade for Jennings before the deadline anyway, knowing that he’s the closest thing to a face of the franchise for the Bucks in the wake of Andrew Bogut’s departure at the 2012 trade deadline. Also, Dallas is aware that Milwaukee would likely set a high bar for teams inquiring about the third-year point guard.

The latest word on veteran center Samuel Dalembert, meanwhile, is that the Bucks are actually more inclined to keep him than move him now in the wake of Dalembert's fine fill-in work since Sanders was sidelined by a back injury. For much of the season -- largely when he was barely playing under Scott Skiles -- Dalembert was regarded as one of the players most likely to be traded this season.
Link

Bro, do u even watch Rockets games? Comparing Harden to A.I. and Stackhouse is straight ******ed... The latter two are both one dimensional, Harden is the best facilitator at the 2 position in the league right now.

Toney Douglas better than Lin? LOL. I'm a Lin fan, but come on... Lin was playing ****** ball for the first part of the season but has picked it up the past month. This is after coming back from knee surgery in the summer, adjusting and learning to play off the ball with Harden as a spot up shooter. He plays better defense than pple give him credit for, and his jumper is coming along nicely. Not saying he'll be a superstar, he's still very young and has the potential to be a very good PG. Way better than Toney Douglas.

He's shown flashes. It's just consistency. I can see him being a solid 16-18 and 6-8 guy. He'll always average around 2 steals though.

Gortat for perk? What is the phx org doing? Does perk still have a few years on his deal? Guess the suns plan on full blowing up everything

Gortat for perk? What is the phx org doing? Does perk still have a few years on his deal? Guess the suns plan on full blowing up everything

you're probably right about lin coming around as the season pregressed. i only watch laker / clipper games out here in la. 

as far as harden, i know hes an all around better player than ai/stack, but if he doesnt win anything what will his career look like in the end? considering what are the premier teams in the nba and the ages of their stars does hardens team fall in the championship contender category? 

guess the thunder are throwing in lamb, or some 1st rounders they might have gotten from houston

If the Suns can get the Raptors' pick (from the Harden trade) from the Thunder, then they should do it.

It's a weak draft, but to get possibly three top 14 picks is tempting.

i would love getting rid of perkins.. and getting gortat

but please dont let us trade lamb and/or the raptors pick

i would love getting rid of perkins.. and getting gortat

but please dont let us trade lamb and/or the raptors pick
has lamb been playing? i know they sent him down to the nbdl a few times. 

i thought he would get the pt in houston, but okc has martin and dont seem to have the minutes

Lamb gets no burn for some reason in OKC but apparently he's been playing extremely well in NBDL.

I thought P3 and Lamb would cook :\

has lamb been playing? i know they sent him down to the nbdl a few times. 

i thought he would get the pt in houston, but okc has martin and dont seem to have the minutes
nope.. he hasnt been playing..

but he's been great down in the NBDL.. playing better than the other guys we would send down (reggie, up until maynor showed he wasnt back from his injury.. PJ3 and orton)

plus i really doubt we're going resign martin.. he's going be offered more money than we will be willing to pay him

Lamb doesnt even play though, you might as well trade him. I actually want to see him go for his sake, hes rotting on the bench and it doesnt look like Scott Brooks has any intention of working him in at all.

LOL @ Brandon Jennings being the face of any franchise.

Whatever happened to the Danny Granger for Eric Gordon trade? I stopped hearing about that weeks ago and got no word that it was totally off the table.
Rondo just traded to the Suns?????? Is this true?
I highly doubt this. What could the Suns offer?

Last edited:
Lamb doesnt even play though, you might as well trade him. I actually want to see him go for his sake, hes rotting on the bench and it doesnt look like Scott Brooks has any intention of working him in at all.
that's on brooks.. but that doesn't mean you trade him

especially when you have to plan for a future without martin

and hell, harden hardly played his first year

that's on brooks.. but that doesn't mean you trade him

especially when you have to plan for a future without martin

and hell, harden hardly played his first year
Yeah thats more of a want on my part. I saw a lot of him in college and just feel bad for the kid. I totally forgot about Kevin Martin, if he doesnt come back then Lamb will definitely start getting some PT. Only time will tell I guess.

I just went google and twitter crazy looking for Rondo trade info, got nothing.

Yeah thats more of a want on my part. I saw a lot of him in college and just feel bad for the kid. I totally forgot about Kevin Martin, if he doesnt come back then Lamb will definitely start getting some PT. Only time will tell I guess.
i dunnio.. i really dont get brooks..

it took us trading jeff green before he would start ibaka over him..

even with harden playing as well as he did before being traded, i didnt think we played him enough.. yes, he got starters mins last season (31.4), but i thought all of our key guys should be around 35-36 mins (KD, westbrook and harden)

hell, just look at his loyalty to perkins.. who should really only be playing the mins he does against certain teams (around 25 per).. against most of the league, my starters/main bigs would be ibaka and collison

for me.. ideally, ibaka would get somewhere between 30-35 mins (this season he's averaging 32.1 compared to 27.2 last season).. and collison would get 25-30, instead of the 20 he usually gets.. and perkins would get 15-20, instead of the 25 he usually gets

Last edited:
Brandon Jennings now 'near untouchable'

The Milwaukee Bucks continue to discuss Josh Smith trade scenarios with the Atlanta Hawks in advance of Thursday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

But those discussions, sources say, also serve as a strong indication of the rising likelihood that Brandon Jennings will not be moved this week.

ESPN.com reported Tuesday that Monta Ellis is the primary player Atlanta is targeting in its discussion with Milwaukee. Sources say that the Hawks, furthermore, want Milwaukee to add at least one expiring contract to the equation with Ellis and possibly take on some salary.

ESPN The Magazine’s Chris Broussard, meanwhile, reported Wednesday morning on “SportsCenter” that Smith would be interested in playing with both Jennings and Ellis if he wound up in Milwaukee, leading the Bucks to try Wednesday to make the deal without surrendering Ellis.

Yet amid all of those talks, sources say, Jennings has moved alongside Larry Sanders and John Henson on the Bucks’ list of near-untouchables. This is despite Jennings’ widely presumed desire to leave Milwaukee in free agency this summer after failing to seal a contract extension in October like fellow point guards Jrue Holiday, Steph Curry and Ty Lawson and then changing agents earlier this month.

The Dallas Mavericks were at the forefront of the list of teams hoping that the Bucks would make Jennings available this week, but Milwaukee appears intent on taking its chances in the offseason, knowing that Jennings will be a restricted free agent and thus unable to leave town unless the Bucks decline to match an offer sheet he receives.

The Mavericks, sources say, have been pessimistic from the start about their ability to trade for Jennings before the deadline anyway, knowing that he’s the closest thing to a face of the franchise for the Bucks in the wake of Andrew Bogut’s departure at the 2012 trade deadline. Also, Dallas is aware that Milwaukee would likely set a high bar for teams inquiring about the third-year point guard.

The latest word on veteran center Samuel Dalembert, meanwhile, is that the Bucks are actually more inclined to keep him than move him now in the wake of Dalembert's fine fill-in work since Sanders was sidelined by a back injury. For much of the season -- largely when he was barely playing under Scott Skiles -- Dalembert was regarded as one of the players most likely to be traded this season.
Link

:lol: :lol: Thats such a Milwaukee Bucks comment to make....they already have the most erratic, undersized, gunner backcourt in the NBA with him and Monte...bless them

i dunnio.. i really dont get brooks..

it took us trading jeff green before he would start ibaka over him..

even with harden playing as well as he did before being traded, i didnt think we played him enough.. yes, he got starters mins last season (31.4), but i thought all of our key guys should be around 35-36 mins (KD, westbrook and harden)

hell, just look at his loyalty to perkins.. who should really only be playing the mins he does against certain teams (around 25 per).. against most of the league, my starters/main bigs would be ibaka and collison

for me.. ideally, ibaka would get somewhere between 30-35 mins.. and collison would get 25-30, instead of the 20 he usually gets.. and perkins would get 15-20, instead of the 25 he usually gets

Been saying this for two years myself. Have no idea why Perkins get so many more minutes than Collison, just doesn't make any sense. I'm still haunted by the Tyson Chandler move and than he ends up failing his physical. We would probably have him and never would have traded Green for Perkins. Granted we probably would have lost someone in order to free up cap space, but the Thunder starting line up could have easily been Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, Ibaka, and Chandler, with Harden and Jeff Green coming off the bench.

That's why I can't fall asleep some nights lol.

I don't think we will ever win a championship with Perkins playing as much as he does. I hope I'm wrong, I just dont see it

Back
Top Bottom