2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

FSU man
sick.gif
My thoughts exactly. I don't understand the play calling sometimes. Why revert to a ultra-conservative offense when a hurry up offense has proven to be successful? Glad we got the W, but it's become clearer than ever that Jimbo needs to hire an OC and give up the play calling.

Lache Seastrunk is ready to break out 8)

added weapon ready to put points up on OU.

Last edited:
Diggs & Wes Brown out for the Terps tomorrow.

**** is so sad it's becoming comical...

If you're going to bet your house on something, put all your cash on Clemson.

Diggs & Wes Brown out for the Terps tomorrow.
**** is so sad it's becoming comical...
If you're going to bet your house on something, put all your cash on Clemson.
damn randy had them playing well early in the season and now losing players left and right

Texas A&M QB Jameill Showers transfering to Baylor. Go head and escape aTm while you can. that Johnny Football Shadow is Large.

Texas A&M QB Jameill Showers transfering to Baylor. Go head and escape aTm while you can. that Johnny Football Shadow is Large.
Just a rumor at this point, but that'd be a great move for him. If Briles sticks around, Showers could be great in that offense. I just hope he'll be able to play for more than one season...

Lache Seastrunk is ready to break out 8)
added weapon ready to put points up on OU.

11/3 Kansas W 41-14 17 103 6.1 17 0

:wow:

Back from the abyss. Forgot he ended up at Baylor

had a 68 yard TD reception too. Looked just like Black Mamba streaking down the middle of the field on seem route

also check a more detailed vid of highlights here.
http://www.baylorbears.com/allaccess/?media=348740

btw Seastrunk actually looks like a RB now. like he been living under the squat rack in the gym.

Last edited:
Now Kenny Hill (2013 QB commit) might start looking around because of how good Johnny has been. He's perfect for Sumlin's offense, I would hate to lose him. He supposedly wants to go somewhere and be able to play immediately.

Kiffin has been criticized for recent decisions including banning visiting teams from Coliseum walk-throughs the day before games and temporarily banning a reporter from writing about injuries. Prior to the deflated ball incident, Kiffin changed jersey numbers on USC players possibly violating an NCAA ethics code.

Dude is disgusting, USC needs to fire him. I don't understand how these kids want to play for him and not class coaches.

Now Kenny Hill (2013 QB commit) might start looking around because of how good Johnny has been. He's perfect for Sumlin's offense, I would hate to lose him. He supposedly wants to go somewhere and be able to play immediately.

Damn, that's got to be a hard sell with Manziel being entrenched for the next 3 years. Gift and a curse

I'm just messing with you, man. Aside from a few throws tonight he was pretty awful so I figured it was about that time.
I just find the general talk about Logan Thomas, his ability and pro potential as a QB funny and you're the resident VT fan who understandably kinda bought in...plus the fat QB in your avy is just better and I like talking ****.

:lol: Alright fair enough.

Kiffin has been criticized for recent decisions including banning visiting teams from Coliseum walk-throughs the day before games and temporarily banning a reporter from writing about injuries. Prior to the deflated ball incident, Kiffin changed jersey numbers on USC players possibly violating an NCAA ethics code.
Dude is disgusting, USC needs to fire him. I don't understand how these kids want to play for him and not class coaches.

Because they are better informed than you are, :lol:

Just to point out the flaws in the article...mainly the points you decided to quote.

1. Kiffin didn't ban visiting teams from Coliseum walk throughs. We don't run the Coliseum, we are trying to, USC made complaints about the sod and the Coliseum didn't comply and said in order for the sod to last they can't hold walk throughs. Media immediately picked it up and ran with it... CLK's fault.

2. The reporter that got banned was Scott Wolf, basically a real life troll. One of those columnist that just needles and stirs the pot. CLK's fault.

3. The jersey number fiasco was by the special teams coach, highly respected, bad decision. CLK's fault.

4. There is more to the deflated ball fiasco than people care to know, but people are already running with it sans facts... CLK's fault.

You want to talk about poor playcalling, bad game and clock management which he needs to improve on, fine. You want to talk about how keeping his dad on board is a bad decision, fine. However, talking out your ***, **** out of here.

When it comes to Kiffin, perception has become reality, so the vultures are circling. Just distractions.

Because they are better informed than you are, :lol:
Just to point out the flaws in the article...mainly the points you decided to quote.
1. Kiffin didn't ban visiting teams from Coliseum walk throughs. We don't run the Coliseum, we are trying to, USC made complaints about the sod and the Coliseum didn't comply and said in order for the sod to last they can't hold walk throughs. Media immediately picked it up and ran with it... CLK's fault.
2. The reporter that got banned was Scott Wolf, basically a real life troll. One of those columnist that just needles and stirs the pot. CLK's fault.
3. The jersey number fiasco was by the special teams coach, highly respected, bad decision. CLK's fault.
4. There is more to the deflated ball fiasco than people care to know, but people are already running with it sans facts... CLK's fault.
You want to talk about poor playcalling, bad game and clock management which he needs to improve on, fine. You want to talk about how keeping his dad on board is a bad decision, fine. However, talking out your ***, **** out of here.
When it comes to Kiffin, perception has become reality, so the vultures are circling. Just distractions.

appreciate you clarifying, i just saw what i read and went with it...dude has been known to be a sleezeball but, sooner or later his lack of coaching ability is going to cost him his job....what was the appeal of him to begin with...dude didn't win in the NFL and was average at Tenn?

Last edited:
appreciate you clarifying, i just saw what i read and went with it...dude has been known to be a sleezeball but, sooner or later his lack of coaching ability is going to cost him his job....what was the appeal of him to begin with...dude didn't win in the NFL and was average at Tenn?

"Average" at Tennessee? It's such a small sample size (1 year), and fans wouldn't have been bent when he bolted if he was just "average".

No point in talking about the Raider job, that was a fiasco on all ends.

Is he the best head coach? No. Is he a good head coach? I think he has the ability to become one. However, he is not there yet. He's a work in progress, and there is a lot of polishing of rough edges. The job he is doing on the field is overshadowing the job he is doing behind the scenes, which in reality is nothing short of spectacular. I posted all the reasons why in an earlier post.

His inexperience cost us two games: not being able to adjust against Stanford, and poor game/clock management against Arizona. The Oregon game, well, they had to play a perfect game to beat us and they did, but that is what it took from a very good Oregon team. Down 21-3, and that team fought back, too many bad calls and mistakes just thwarted any attempt at a comeback.

It's year three of sanctions and CLK and his staff have done a great job of navigating through it and making the numbers work. Were expectations too high this year? I think so, is there great talent on this team, definitely. However, the weakest link in the chain isn't the skill positions, it's the linemen on both sides of the ball.

You have to take the good with the bad.

In the grand scheme of things, CLK is doing a great job, unfortunately the on-field results this year have been disappointing and that is why he is getting hammered in the press. It's almost unheard of, haven't seen a coach/school get slammed like this... ever. ****, Mark Richt doesn't even get slammed and his Bulldogs fall short of expectations almost every year (sorry Cardo). Jimbo isn't getting slammed and his 'Noles had one of the most disappointing losses in CFB this year (sorry dre). VTech is basura (sorry Sam), Texas has been mediocre almost every year and they hardly pick on Mack. Geno Smith and WVU were getting crowned a month ago, and now they've fallen of the face of the earth. Oklahoma has managed to lose twice at home, and "Big Game" Bob hardly gets rolled.

Think about it.

The saddest thing about sports journalism is that it has become TMZ-esque. Thank you ESPN, you've created a monster. No need to report a story, when you can create one.

I just don't get the media's fascination with trying to tear CLK down.

Last edited:
"Average" at Tennessee? It's such a small sample size (1 year), and fans wouldn't have been bent when he bolted if he was just "average".
No point in talking about the Raider job, that was a fiasco on all ends.
Is he the best head coach? No. Is he a good head coach? I think he has the ability to become one. However, he is not there yet. He's a work in progress, and there is a lot of polishing of rough edges. The job he is doing on the field is overshadowing the job he is doing behind the scenes, which in reality is nothing short of spectacular. I posted all the reasons why in an earlier post.
His inexperience cost us two games: not being able to adjust against Stanford, and poor game/clock management against Arizona. The Oregon game, well, they had to play a perfect game to beat us and they did, but that is what it took from a very good Oregon team. Down 21-3, and that team fought back, too many bad calls and mistakes just thwarted any attempt at a comeback.
It's year three of sanctions and CLK and his staff have done a great job of navigating through it and making the numbers work. Were expectations too high this year? I think so, is there great talent on this team, definitely. However, the weakest link in the chain isn't the skill positions, it's the linemen on both sides of the ball.
You have to take the good with the bad.
In the grand scheme of things, CLK is doing a great job, unfortunately the on-field results this year have been disappointing and that is why he is getting hammered in the press. It's almost unheard of, haven't seen a coach/school get slammed like this... ever. ****, Mark Richt doesn't even get slammed and his Bulldogs fall short of expectations almost every year (sorry Cardo). Jimbo isn't getting slammed and his 'Noles had one of the most disappointing losses in CFB this year (sorry dre). VTech is basura (sorry Sam), Texas has been mediocre almost every year and they hardly pick on Mack. Geno Smith and WVU were getting crowned a month ago, and now they've fallen of the face of the earth. Oklahoma has managed to lose twice at home, and "Big Game" Bob hardly gets rolled.
Think about it.

The saddest thing about sports journalism is that it has become TMZ-esque. Thank you ESPN, you've created a monster. No need to report a story, when you can create one.
I just don't get the media's fascination with trying to tear CLK down.

Repped.

OU fans took out all their anger on Landry Jones lol...As OU fans we realistically know that there's not many coaches out there that can bring constant success like Bob Stoops could...maybe Saban that's all I would maybe trade Stoops for. He's been just a loyal coach to the program and a great person overall.

I can relate to how USC feels this year because OU was preseason #1 last year and fell way short of expectations I guess the difference is that Bob Stoops is an established coach whereas Kiffin doesn't really have the resume to be the USC coach. No doubt about it he is a great recruiter but, USC could have had any big name coach and I think they sold themselves short. I obviously don't understand the situation as much as you do but from the outside that's how I see it.

I was at the Syracuse-USC game this year and was surrounded by many USC fans and they're concern was that Kiffin wouldn't be able to utilize the talent he has properly. I guess they hit it right on.

In terms of sports journalism, it's disgusting. People will do whatever they can to make a story and once it is proven wrong, you won't even hear about it. Prime example, Bernie Fine of Syracuse. He was all over the news, cover of every website, regarding his sexual misbehavior while at Syracuse. Today we found out that there would be no charges pressed bc of lack of evidence. (I have no idea what really happened or whether or not he did or didn't do it) but, I saw a little article on the side of ESPN saying that no charges would be filed. Heck people wanted Boeheim to step down because of this. Imagine if he did and these results came out? Just the way things work and as fans we need to deal with it.

In terms of the other coaches you mentioned, Mack Brown got it real bad. He went out and stated that he wouldn't resign. That's as bad as it gets when you need to address your job security. OU fans want them to win out so he can get a job extension and we can continue to beat the crap out of them for the next 10 years or however long he is coach.

Also addressing the Tenn. example, I think fans were bent because he said he was going to be their coach and wanted to show his dedication to the program, then shortly after he hit them with the peace sign and went to usc.

Last edited:
Overrated Manziel about to get whooped tomorrow.

Miss State vs LSU & Stanford vs Oregon State will be some good games, I hope.

had a 68 yard TD reception too. Looked just like Black Mamba streaking down the middle of the field on seem route

also check a more detailed vid of highlights here.
http://www.baylorbears.com/allaccess/?media=348740
btw Seastrunk actually looks like a RB now. like he been living under the squat rack in the gym.

How the hell did #16 not fall on that last TD?!

Bruh. ur in my head. I said the same thing. he was falling toward his leg that was planted ... no way he was supposed to stay up.

Baylor's WRs are AWESOME

You dont get why the fans acted up.

it wasnt because CLK was great. its because it was one year in to the job that was just handed to him after a legend left.

Any coach would have been given the same treatment.

Hell. people were ready to kill Justin Wilcox for even talkin to texas after his first year, and his Defense did absolutely Nothing.

and is it really hard to see why Kiffin is getting killed ?

he has "fallen up" into every job.

co OC to Raiders head coach, to failure, to fired, to Tennessee Head Coach, to constant troubles with NCAA, to USC head coaching job...

Only guy in history, with less success and credentials to ever get Prestigious jobs like this is/ was George W Bush.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom