2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Logan Thomas can make all the throws. NFL type right there.

jesse-palmer-retire.jpg

Y'all can't tell me this isn't SEC quality defensive football.

Kidding...it's like watching girls slap fight.

David Wang is hands down the worst starting offensive lineman I've ever seen in my life. #76, the left guard; watch him get beat on damn near every play.

FSU about to let Clemson back into the ACC Championship? (if we don't end up pulling a Clemson)

No guarantees but I'd rather win out and get a BCS at-large. Either way, I want us to win out.

Logan gonna Logan. Didn't even think about taking his eyes off that WR.

Okay, one more. I love the search feature...
Logan Thomas also looks way ahead of schedule (at least what I thought would be his schedule) as far as his passing development goes. I was shocked at how good his accuracy and timing was; actually hitting guys in stride downfield (something Glennon and Tyrod were never great at).

BTW lots of buzz from the team about Logan Thomas similar to when Ryan Williams was redshirting. He'll still have some growing pains but I think he'll surprise a lot of people this year. Think of a slightly slower Cam Newton with a stronger arm who will run less.

Logan Thomas is up to 6'6.5, 260 now. ACC DB's and LB's you have been warned.
pimp.gif

*Coaches probably told him to add weight so he'd be more durable. We are seriously screwed if he goes down.

He can throw the ball about 75 yards down the field
laugh.gif
His accuracy so far has been better than I was expecting, but we'll see how he does in real games.

The last guy I hyped up individually on here before he played a down was Ryan Williams and he turned out pretty good. I don't think LT is going to be that good this year, but he'll be pretty good for a converted tight end playing QB, I'll say that much.

Last edited:

Okay, one more. I love the search feature...

Nothing I said there was off-base besides him having a stronger arm than Cam. I based those comments off of a couple scrimmages and if you had been there you would have said the same thing; given what I saw he was very accurate and hitting guys in stride with good ball placement. Much better than he has done for most of this year. And I even commented "his accuracy has been better than I expected but we'll see how he does in real games." I never said he would be the second coming of Christ or win a Heisman, just that he would be better than expected for a converted TE, and he was last year. He threw for like 3400 yards, 19 TD's and 10 INT and was in the running for ACC POY. He set the school record for total yardage. Keep in mind, our previous QB, a 5* and the #1 dual threat qb in the country for his class, had 2 TD and 7 INT in his first full year starting. His junior year he had 13 TD's and 4 INT. Neither he nor Glennon could hit a receiver in stride to give them a shot at YAC to save their life until about his senior year. That is the recent history I had to go off of for QB's running our system. It's not exactly conducive to gaudy passing numbers and doesn't develop QB's well for the next level.

I would say that given that LT didn't even come in as a QB my comment about him seeming "ahead of what I thought his schedule would be" and good accuracy and timing wasn't a foolish thing to say. Every scrimmage I had been to in the previous 4 years, the QB's were lucky to hit 50% of their passes or even lead a scoring drive. The offense was always TERRIBLE and most of the passing game was either comeback routes or broken plays. He looked markedly better in those scrimmages than Tyrod ever had, which I was surprised at since he hadn't been playing QB his whole career. His ball placement, while not superb, was a good deal better last year than it has been this year. You act like he looked like Xavier Lee last year or something.

He is having a pretty bad year, he has been very inconsistent with his mechanics and footwork which has led to some awful throws, and he still can't read a defense. That being said, look at who he's throwing to. Fuller is the only guy who has even consistently run the correct routes all year much less caught the ball. Davis is a great athlete but a ****** football player who is miserable at playing the ball in the air and is good for 1-2 easy drops a game as shown tonight. We have no running game to speak of. We're 4-6 for a reason. Logan's cost us some games but he isn't the only guy that's played poorly, there isn't that much talent around him on offense right now and it's not now, nor has it ever been, very well coached. I still think if he had a good coach to get his footwork straight etc that he could be a pretty good player, at the college level anyways. Whether that happens remains to be seen. Regardless, I don't feel like anything I said was very far off if you look at what he did last year, even though he has regressed.

I'm just messing with you, man. Aside from a few throws tonight he was pretty awful so I figured it was about that time.

I just find the general talk about Logan Thomas, his ability and pro potential as a QB funny and you're the resident VT fan who understandably kinda bought in...plus the fat QB in your avy is just better and I like talking ****.

:lol: Logan

Does Kyle Prater even see the field at Northwestern? :nerd: :x

week 11 and the worst defense in America and the head coach just now realizing where the problem lies...

a defensive coordinator who makes 2.4M over 3 years is not calling plays... well what the **** does he do then? :lol:

:smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom