2013 College Football Thread (Realer than Real Deal Holyfield -->S/O Craftsy)

Is it just me, or was the '14 class of DB's VERY strong towards the top.

And I'm hearing word that the '15 crop in the state of Florida is the best in recent history.

Nothing like elite corner prospects. 
pimp.gif

U.O.E.N.O

So A&M is gonna dominate east & southeast Texas like RC used to and Les Miles has been for the past 5 years?
2015 looks ridiculously strong for them, assuming they can win enough this year to keep momentum rolling.

They're shotgunning offers out all over LA too... Good shot at Moton, Xavier Lewis visiting soon, the three Warren Easton kids, Kirk Merritt, couple of receivers... Gonna at least try and make Les work a little harder in-state... 

Last edited:
That indeed is a beaten-down topic, along with your opinion of the recruiting rankings. I’m trying to stay away from those two topics. “Look it up. The same 15 schools have the same top 10 recruiting classes every year. It is what it is. There might be an outlier once every blue moon. The only three teams that have ever won our division are us, Virginia Tech and Duke. I promise, none of us have the recruiting rankings of Miami, North Carolina and Virginia. So that tells me what it’s worth. Everybody can spin it any way they want, and say ‘Alabama wins the national championship because they have the top recruiting rankings.’ I’m not sure which merits which. They get the best players. They always have. Therefore, they are going to have the highest-ranked recruiting classes. Do you think anybody can really, really, really tell you who the No. 56 offensive guard in the country is? Honestly? I couldn’t tell you who the No. 6 guard in Atlanta is. Now I can tell you who the five best players are, maybe. But once it gets past four or five, then it’s a crapshoot. And sometimes the guys who are the five prospects in Atlanta don’t end up being the five best players in college. Sometimes they do. But the bottom line is that it comes down to how many games you win.”
Paul Johnson in the AJC speaking about recruiting. Interesting take. 

Full link here: http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/02/12/qa-with-georgia-tech-coach-paul-johnson/

Didn't know Rashan Evans dad played at Auburn 
laugh.gif

That indeed is a beaten-down topic, along with your opinion of the recruiting rankings. I’m trying to stay away from those two topics. “Look it up. The same 15 schools have the same top 10 recruiting classes every year. It is what it is. There might be an outlier once every blue moon. The only three teams that have ever won our division are us, Virginia Tech and Duke. I promise, none of us have the recruiting rankings of Miami, North Carolina and Virginia. So that tells me what it’s worth. Everybody can spin it any way they want, and say ‘Alabama wins the national championship because they have the top recruiting rankings.’ I’m not sure which merits which. They get the best players. They always have. Therefore, they are going to have the highest-ranked recruiting classes. Do you think anybody can really, really, really tell you who the No. 56 offensive guard in the country is? Honestly? I couldn’t tell you who the No. 6 guard in Atlanta is. Now I can tell you who the five best players are, maybe. But once it gets past four or five, then it’s a crapshoot. And sometimes the guys who are the five prospects in Atlanta don’t end up being the five best players in college. Sometimes they do. But the bottom line is that it comes down to how many games you win.”
Paul Johnson in the AJC speaking about recruiting. Interesting take. 

Full link here: http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/02/12/qa-with-georgia-tech-coach-paul-johnson/

Didn't know Rashan Evans dad played at Auburn 
laugh.gif
As if you need talent to win the ACC Coastal or there's such a substantial gap...Miami would be the only school that recruits really well but we all know what a mess that school's been.  I won't go any further or there's gonna be a lot of butthurt.

I mostly agree with recruiting rankings and that beyond a certain point they're useless AND I do think that these recruiting sites play to their audience to a certain extent but there's a direct correlation between previous 5 rankings and success in a particular season, I don't care enough to look up the articles that reference this.  Sure, there's always gonna be variables that change this, attrition is a factor among other this.

I just think PJ's example is funny and it's interesting that GT has slumped in recruiting and on the field.

Oh yeah, I didn't bother to read the article so I have no idea of the context of that portion or his quotes. 
laugh.gif

You pay $800 a year?
Man hell naw. I loosely follow recruiting as is. :lol:

Just a raw guess, for the top schools who regularly dominate recruiting how many of those 25 guys are regular contributors by the time they are upper classmen, about 12? Less than half counting attrition?

Man hell naw. I loosely follow recruiting as is. :lol:

Just a raw guess, for the top schools who regularly dominate recruiting how many of those 25 guys are regular contributors by the time they are upper classmen, about 12? Less than half counting attrition?
I'll help you guys with Jersey stuff. Saw PC and Brill in person. Will do the same for Minkah and Wimbush.

Cushing and Dottino at BC.

Toal, Liverpool, Lindsey at Bosco.

Is it just me, or was the '14 class of DB's VERY strong towards the top.

And I'm hearing word that the '15 crop in the state of Florida is the best in recent history.

Nothing like elite corner prospects. 
pimp.gif

Florida is LOADED for the '15 class. Going to be at least 7 five stars from FLA IMO

Few new names popped up @ the NFTC last weekend. 

I'm "meh" on that Ben Edwards film.

Good, not great athleticism.

I love the violence, but his technique is super sloppy and undisciplined.

@slmandel: Wow, rules committee also proposing 10-second defensive substitution period on every play. The Saban/Bielema Rule? http://t.co/6YtMJFN9Mb

@slmandel: This will NOT be well-received by hurry-up coaches. Team would be penalized if snaps before 29 seconds on play clock. http://t.co/6YtMJFN9Mb

@slmandel: Release: "Research indicated that teams with fast-paced, no-huddle offenses rarely snap the ball with 30 seconds or more on the play clock."

@KegsnEggs: "No, no, no, HE DIDN'T COUNT TO TEN ONE THOUSAND," Nick Saban said to the official shortly before chopping him with a sword

:lol: :lol: Adam Kramer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom