2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking of the wiz
roll.gif

I'm aware, which is why I quoted that specific dude

Me and that one dude have a history that goes beyond him talking trash about Rose or the Bulls. I'm no thug man, nor am i a wanna be thug, but when I'm disrespected that's when i get upset. You dont know me. I'm the nicest guy you'd ever meet.

I wonder why they resigned kobe. What is the actual reasoning because let's be honest they are not serious championship contenders this year, maybe just to fill in seats at staples to see kobe play before he retires, or because the lakers don't have have anyone to bring in this coming free agency?

It's a business. Last year, he had one of his best seasons ever, so by that account he's still a top 5 player in the league.

Yes he is coming off of an Achilles injury but they know better than us whether he's progressing towards being fully healthy.

So, if we just assume that he comes back healthy, then he'll be at least at 25 5 and 5 which is fantastic from your two guard. Factor that in with the amount of money and revenue he brings in for the team, it's actually almost a bargain.

If he wants to play for two more years, then if it was me I'd do whatever I could to make sure he's playing with me because of what comes with him, even if it's just for two years.

It's a business. Last year, he had one of his best seasons ever, so by that account he's still a top 5 player in the league.

Yes he is coming off of an Achilles injury but they know better than us whether he's progressing towards being fully healthy.

So, if we just assume that he comes back healthy, then he'll be at least at 25 5 and 5 which is fantastic from your two guard. Factor that in with the amount of money and revenue he brings in for the team, it's actually almost a bargain.

If he wants to play for two more years, then if it was me I'd do whatever I could to make sure he's playing with me because of what comes with him, even if it's just for two years.

I think they just wanted him to retire a Lakers and to make the fans happy.

On some "give him whatever he wants" type situation

He doesn't represent anyone but himself. We get painted out to be something but if we even try defending ourselves it's a lose lose anyway. No I don't feel compelled to fight any of these dudes... I just don't think it's funny.

That's cool ILL, you can feel how you want. I never said I was gonna fly dude over here so i can bully him. Jeez....i just dont like dude talking all tough on the internet. And im always down for a good argument, but some people say things to get a rise out of people and aren't apt to hear from both sides.

I think my blood pressure is off the chains today. Head throbbing. Yes im mad. Im going home. **** you jim and mitch.

All i need is for the niners to lose now...

^^^Yeah, I think there are a lot of "Lakers fans" that will take 2 more years of Kobe over getting back into serious contention in that time. That's probably why the organization felt comfortable making this move.

On the flip side, I guess Kobe doesn't care that much about equaling MJ's ring total.

The news of Rose being out for season made me sad.

But then Kobe's contract extension made me a little happy :smile:

Mamba out? ...Not for another two years :smokin

I think Kobe still cares greatly about the rings, but he also cares about another goal: owning (part) of a team, which is why he needs the money. Maybe he thinks he can still lead a team to a title with the right squad, or maybe he's just prioritizing.

2017 headline: Kobe re-teams with Shaq, buys minority in the Sacramento Kings

Last edited:
2 years 30MM would have been a good compromise give... Pau 2 years 20MM deal both have a final year player option or something. If Kobe is healthy they really just need to add one big time young player to that Kobe/Gasol core...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom