2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I watch KD play, the more I have grown to appreciate LeBron James as a basketball player. I can't put my explanation into words it just amazes me how much a leader LeBron is compared to KD.
I think Lebron ultimately benefited from the hate and scrutiny that came after The Decision.  It took that whole season to figure it out though.  I'd like to think that KD will keep growing and become more assertive, but the situation between Westbrook and him needs to be worked out first.  Obviously, they can win games the way they do things now, but KD doesn't seem to have the same leader/alpha mentality when Westbrook is playing.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how KD bounces back in Game 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek  

http://t.co/vgTb64iwrP

Julius F. Wrek

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Last edited:
If you wanna look at it like that then Blake should've fouled out the first half and that last play should've been called an offensive foul on Blake playing as an offensive lineman but the refs didn't call that offensive foul because then all the clippers players and fans would've been crying even more. At the end of the day THIS WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED IF THE CLIPPERS EXECUTED with 47 seconds left

That's why its all about consistency.

The more consistent the NBA becomes with officiating games (whether its a star player or not), the better the league will be. These refs make a pretty penny, so I would expect consistent, correct calls being made.

If you just pay close attention to the way a lot of games are officiated, you will see how the NBA just lacks consistency. Whether its one team getting 15 FT's in one quarter, but the other team not getting the same calls. A call not being made on the other end, so they decide to award a team the next time there is a mistake.

Anybody remember when Durant ran flat over Conley and there was NO CALL at all? Then, right after that, Marc Gasol blatantly kicked the ball and there was NO CALL? That was the refs making up for their mistake by not calling that easy charge on Durant. You just can't do that.

I'm not blaming the refs as to why the Clippers lost the game. I know why the Clippers lost the game. But, its just funny when people act like everything is clear as day in the NBA when its not.

Last edited:
If you wanna look at it like that then Blake should've fouled out the first half and that last play should've been called an offensive foul on Blake playing as an offensive lineman but the refs didn't call that offensive foul because then all the clippers players and fans would've been crying even more. At the end of the day THIS WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED IF THE CLIPPERS EXECUTED with 47 seconds left

That's why its all about consistency.

The more consistent the NBA becomes with officiating games (whether its a star player or not), the better the league will be. These refs make a pretty penny, so I would expect consistent, correct calls being made.

If you just pay close attention to the way a lot of games are officiated, you will see how the NBA just lacks consistency. Whether its one team getting 15 FT's in one quarter, but the other team not getting the same calls. A call not being made on the other end, so they decide to award a team the next time there is a mistake.

Anybody remember when Durant ran flat over Conley and there was NO CALL at all? Then, right after that, Marc Gasol blatantly kicked the ball and there was NO CALL? That was the refs making up for their mistake by not calling that easy charge on Durant. You just can't do that.

I'm not blaming the refs as to why the Clippers lost the game. I know why the Clippers lost the game. But, its just funny when people act like everything is clear as day in the NBA when its not.

Man, every single damn year, people start blaming refs for ****. :smh:

The same refs from November. The same players, coaches, teams, owners, league. All of it.

But EVERY single year, come playoff time, everyone wants to point fingers, and examine call after call.

Does that not get old to you?

No, really, I'm asking you. You have your "inside source" who of course knows all these "truths" and the rest of the world is just head in the clouds or some ****. But in 2014, they can't air it all out? He can just tell you information?

:lol:

Refs got nothing to do with it. They are such a minor detail in a 48 minute game. They can surely make a call that "changes" things, but unless they flat out eject someone in the first quarter, they aren't really doin anything.

The other night I was laughin cuz they called back to back fouls on LeBron. Did he have to come out? Did he have to retire? Did it do anything other than make him run around with his arms in the air?

No. It's just calls. Or non calls.

Stop blaming refs.

*saves for 2015 playoff time, when same convo of course reappears*

"NBA Players Association vice president Roger Mason says that LeBron James told him that he would not play if Donald Sterling is still the owner of the L.A. Clippers next season on Showtime's "Jim Rome" show."

I just saw this, old news?? :nerd:

"NBA Players Association vice president Roger Mason says that LeBron James told him that he would not play if Donald Sterling is still the owner of the L.A. Clippers next season on Showtime's "Jim Rome" show."

I just saw this, old news??
nerd.gif
lebron is late with this, his teammate dwade has been protesting for half a year already

Man, every single damn year, people start blaming refs for ****. :smh:

The same refs from November. The same players, coaches, teams, owners, league. All of it.

But EVERY single year, come playoff time, everyone wants to point fingers, and examine call after call.

Does that not get old to you?

No, really, I'm asking you. You have your "inside source" who of course knows all these "truths" and the rest of the world is just head in the clouds or some ****. But in 2014, they can't air it all out? He can just tell you information?

:lol:

Refs got nothing to do with it. They are such a minor detail in a 48 minute game. They can surely make a call that "changes" things, but unless they flat out eject someone in the first quarter, they aren't really doin anything.

The other night I was laughin cuz they called back to back fouls on LeBron. Did he have to come out? Did he have to retire? Did it do anything other than make him run around with his arms in the air?

No. It's just calls. Or non calls.

Stop blaming refs.

*saves for 2015 playoff time, when same convo of course reappears*

Is there one call that completely changes the outcome of the game? No. It can definitely be part of the reason, but not the sole reason a team wins or lose.

But, there are calls that happen due to who the player is, what's the situation at hand for each team, whether or not the official is irritated or not, etc. I rarely would blame a ref solely for the outcome of a game. But, to act like its NEVER EVER an issue? :lol:

There have been some crazy **** that's happened in this league and its not just in the playoffs. Am I going to act like I know it all? Nah, but there are some things that I do know that he's told me. Some of it may be kinda obvious and some may not. I just know that every call that is made is not always "what's right" . Some calls are made for specific reasons. There are reasons why certain calls are NOT made and its not because a foul, a travel, etc. did not happen.

A lot of the stuff that happens now doesn't even amazes me because its kinda expected.

Last edited:
That’s the thing tho BHZ, EVERY sport has those same exact things you refer too.

Every ump has a different strike zone. EVERY play in the NFL has holding. There are flags, penalties, missed calls, for both teams, every, single, game, ever played.

Every, sport.

That is consistent. (which is what you asked for) There it is. Consistency. Lots of it.

Blow a call, make up 15 seconds later, the game stays the same.

Miss a strike call. Squeeze the next pitch. Game stays the same. Life is fair.

Again, when you start pounding the desk that Blake Griffin just ran his guy 20 yards like a lineman with a blocking sled, I’ll hear you better. Til then, you are typing with an agenda because OKC “got lucky” with the calls, when really, they were kinda screwed on a couple, but were lucky enough to make plays, and have CP3 meltdown.

The more I watch KD play, the more I have grown to appreciate LeBron James as a basketball player. I can't put my explanation into words it just amazes me how much a leader LeBron is compared to KD.

Man get outta here with that nonsense. People act like Lebron wasn't ******** the bed not even 3 years ago. It takes time for some of these guys to mature and get it. Not everyone is Magic, Mike, Larry, or Kobe out of the womb. Hell KD is in his 7th year in the league, what was Lebron doing at that same juncture... Oh that's what I thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom