2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

the level of hypocrisy and bias when it comes to people talking about coaching in here is astounding

watch a spurs game and literally everything positive that happens to the spurs will be because of pops greatness, and if they lose its because the players didnt play well or the matchups are bad

watch a thunder game and literally everything negative that happens to the team will be blamed on brooks and when they win its because kd and westbrook are great despite coaching

people will always have conformation bias when it comes to coaches they like

the difference between okc's 4th quarter last night and miami's tonight is that lebron got doubled and he didnt panic and throw the ball right at the other teams player
The exaggerations in this post are outrageous.

Literally... LITERALLY everything negative will be blamed on Brooks? No, that's wrong. Unequivocally wrong. Your own posts prove that's wrong when you're constantly saying asinine things like KD is trash or he's ultra soft or it's his fault. Everything blamed on Brooks? What about people calling out Westbrook for being a ball hog or selfish? Saying he shot them out of the game? Those things happen constantly. People blame Durant for not being strong enough to beat Paul.. or for him being "beta" and not demanding the ball.. people blamed him for his turnovers.. people blame Westbrook for shooting too much. These things happen all the time.

You're not better about confirmation bias, either.. if every other person in this thread recognizes a key moment where the coach should have made a different decision that would have affected the game.. you would somehow miss it. It wouldn't fit your absurd narrative so you'd ignore it and continue on. Everyone else would see where the coach makes a substitution to put the right players on the court, all you'd see was that player hitting a shot. Yeah.. players have to make shots.. that's a given. But it's allowed for something to be a little bit of both
laugh.gif
The players have to make the shot, but they're not doing it from the bench.. or they might need the right play drawn up.. or they might need the coach to make an adjustment to put them in a place to succeed. It doesn't have to be one or the other.. black or white.
This is much better post pointing out His rambling or bias or inconsistencies and makes sense to me. Last night it sounds like you were just hating

I am not even mad about this. The Blazers are a good basketball team, they were bound to figure it out. Doesnt help that we cant buy a basket either. Oh well cant win them all, I didnt even have us sweeping them.

We need to see more CJ too. Good to see Barton playing but he seriously needs to bulk up/lift if he wants more minutes next year :lol:

We really need to just leave Meyers Leonard in San Antonio though, dont even fly that bum back in town such a waste of athletesicm :smh:

Couldn't agree more. Remember Meyers in an interview was asked what he worked on in the offseason, and his response was his 3 point shot, dude was dead serious too. He is garbage.

might not even get a "close" gm in this series
wouldnt be shocked if spurs blew them out to finish it out

It's not even worth it.. I didn't talk at all about the specifics of the last game. I was addressing how you're flat-out wrong about "EVERYTHING negative will be blamed on Brooks". That's what the entire first paragraph was about. You somehow read that.. then went on a rant about KD and that last game. Your own posts contradict what you're crying about. You're constantly blaming Durant (I'm not even addressing if you're right or wrong about last game).. yet you're saying everyone blames Brooks.

They don't. You blame Durant, so do other people. Then others blame Westbrook.. or say it's some combination of both. It's not all on Brooks.. at all.

It's like how arguing with ninjahood used to be. He'd rant on and on about something.. someone would respond line by line and refute his points.. he would ignore EVERYTHING and continue ranting on about his original topic and pretend like he didn't read any of the response :lol:

This is much better post pointing out His rambling or bias or inconsistencies and makes sense to me. Last night it sounds like you were just

The reason people like him don't get legitimate responses is because when you take the time to engage.. you get this kind of response. He completely missed my point and kept going on with his narrative about Durant being soft and coaches not making a big enough difference. I didn't talk about last night's game, yet he replied like I did. I pointed out that he complained about bias and hypocrisy yet was being hypocritical and showing his own bias AT THE SAME TIME :lol: So yeah, if you see my original post as "hating" it's because this kind of presence is annoying.. Zyzz does it.. mjshoes and DBD did it.. ninjahood did it, etc. Random homers do it, etc. I've seen it far too often and I just don't even participate in the back and forth anymore. It's hard to talk basketball when the other person ignores what you're actually talking about :lol:

I'll let you have the last word because it's not going to be about basketball if it keeps going.. so I won't derail the thread with our back and forth.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's like talking to people on the block. They're mental capacity is very low so no matter what you say the blockade becomes apparent very early on when they just disregard everything you say. If they can't "hear you" how can they ever be proven wrong.

I can honestly say, I've never had any convo on the block.

Not sure if I've even been on 'the block' before 
laugh.gif

You never talked to people in your neighborhood? The people in your building, the people that live on your street, etc. The people that act like the internet doesn't exist. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
when did i say everyone would blames everything negative on brooks? look at this thread after a thunder or rockets loss, there will be someone blaming near every bad play on brooks or mchale. its the same as people that will blame westbrook no matter what happens on the court. while if you're considered a good coach like pop, nothing negative will be attributed to you. while after every big play there will usually be someone saying wow pop sure has those  guys out there playing great basketball. 

but pop is a top 3 all time coach that DOES do a lot right, so hes not the best example. a better example would be thibs, everything positive the bulls do people will use as an example to hype up thibs (again, not all people but there will always be someone). when his team has the worst offense in the league most people just attribute it to not having any players that can score. good thing, its the coach. bad thing, its the players. = good coach. good thing, its the players. bad thing, blame the coach. = good coach. 

let me know if there is anything else you would like me to address. 

i blame durant when he deserves blame. not all thunder losses are because of him, some are more on westbrook, some are more on the bench, some are on brooks. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom