2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
the level of hypocrisy and bias when it comes to people talking about coaching in here is astounding

watch a spurs game and literally everything positive that happens to the spurs will be because of pops greatness, and if they lose its because the players didnt play well or the matchups are bad

watch a thunder game and literally everything negative that happens to the team will be blamed on brooks and when they win its because kd and westbrook are great despite coaching

people will always have conformation bias when it comes to coaches they like

the difference between okc's 4th quarter last night and miami's tonight is that lebron got doubled and he didnt panic and throw the ball right at the other teams player

The exaggerations in this post are outrageous.

Literally... LITERALLY everything negative will be blamed on Brooks? No, that's wrong. Unequivocally wrong. Your own posts prove that's wrong when you're constantly saying asinine things like KD is trash or he's ultra soft or it's his fault. Everything blamed on Brooks? What about people calling out Westbrook for being a ball hog or selfish? Saying he shot them out of the game? Those things happen constantly. People blame Durant for not being strong enough to beat Paul.. or for him being "beta" and not demanding the ball.. people blamed him for his turnovers.. people blame Westbrook for shooting too much. These things happen all the time.

You're not better about confirmation bias, either.. if every other person in this thread recognizes a key moment where the coach should have made a different decision that would have affected the game.. you would somehow miss it. It wouldn't fit your absurd narrative so you'd ignore it and continue on. Everyone else would see where the coach makes a substitution to put the right players on the court, all you'd see was that player hitting a shot. Yeah.. players have to make shots.. that's a given. But it's allowed for something to be a little bit of both :lol: The players have to make the shot, but they're not doing it from the bench.. or they might need the right play drawn up.. or they might need the coach to make an adjustment to put them in a place to succeed. It doesn't have to be one or the other.. black or white.

Spurs should come back, the shots the Blazers have hit are ridiculous, the Spurs don't even seem fazed.

Oh boy...............So mad
You know why this is happening right??

MJ slander.

Hope you've learned your lesson.
roll.gif

some of these shots portland hit was kinda ridiculous
you got contributions from barton and throb

spurs just might rest timmy/tony/manu and see if they other guys can do something

Yo I HATE THIS JEEP COMMERCIAL AND THIS TERRIBLE MICHAEL JACKSON SONG
I can see why you think the Weeknd sucks now :lol:

Pitbull on ESPN everyrime they go to commercial breaks is even worse
to be fair, he only listens to rap. he catches himself lip syncing those old spice commercials from time to time but forces himself to snap out of it

I am just glad Stotts is playing Will Barton. Dude is pretty raw but just needs playing time in the league. Been riding the bench all year while Mo Williams is out there :x

the level of hypocrisy and bias when it comes to people talking about coaching in here is astounding

watch a spurs game and literally everything positive that happens to the spurs will be because of pops greatness, and if they lose its because the players didnt play well or the matchups are bad

watch a thunder game and literally everything negative that happens to the team will be blamed on brooks and when they win its because kd and westbrook are great despite coaching

people will always have conformation bias when it comes to coaches they like

the difference between okc's 4th quarter last night and miami's tonight is that lebron got doubled and he didnt panic and throw the ball right at the other teams player
The exaggerations in this post are outrageous.

Literally... LITERALLY everything negative will be blamed on Brooks? No, that's wrong. Unequivocally wrong. Your own posts prove that's wrong when you're constantly saying asinine things like KD is trash or he's ultra soft or it's his fault. Everything blamed on Brooks? What about people calling out Westbrook for being a ball hog or selfish? Saying he shot them out of the game? Those things happen constantly. People blame Durant for not being strong enough to beat Paul.. or for him being "beta" and not demanding the ball.. people blamed him for his turnovers.. people blame Westbrook for shooting too much. These things happen all the time.

You're not better about confirmation bias, either.. if every other person in this thread recognizes a key moment where the coach should have made a different decision that would have affected the game.. you would somehow miss it. It wouldn't fit your absurd narrative so you'd ignore it and continue on. Everyone else would see where the coach makes a substitution to put the right players on the court, all you'd see was that player hitting a shot. Yeah.. players have to make shots.. that's a given. But it's allowed for something to be a little bit of both
laugh.gif
The players have to make the shot, but they're not doing it from the bench.. or they might need the right play drawn up.. or they might need the coach to make an adjustment to put them in a place to succeed. It doesn't have to be one or the other.. black or white.
what is there to miss? people are in here blaming brooks on the 4th quarter last night. kds panicing in double teams and throwing the ball to the other team and people are talking about brooks having the players in the wrong place. kd's passes were unacceptable no matter who the coach is, i get that people in here like to protect their golden boy but im going to hold the players responsible, i do it for the lakers i do it for any other team. what do you expect scott brooks to do there? he's not a great coach no one expects him to do anything. but i would hope people expect kd to close a game like a mvp but he came up short so i blame him for the loss. its pointless blaming the coach after every loss, you already know brooks is a bad coach going into it there are other reasons for a teams loss.

its easy to see past confirmation bias, i just post in a way that i only point out one side of an issue. its how slander works. 

nothing about my narative is absurd, kd didnt get it done in the 4th. HIS shortcomings had very little to do with the coach and his shortcomings had a major part in the clippers comeback. too often do people in here see a coaching change as the solution to their teams problems, its the reason why the nba coaching turnover rate is so high. and 80% of the time a coaching change doesnt take a team to the next level, its just a way to keep the fans happy and hopeful. keep the blame away from the players because the teams are stuck with the players

never have i said coaching doesnt matter, people just like to think i say that because they struggle to find flaws in my arguments. i have been saying kd is soft all year, hes proven me right in the first round and again last night. last nights loss was largely kds fault. i stand by every statement i make, and people have yet to point out any issues with my line of thought, they have to resort to accusing me of things i have never said. but i guess if thats what people need to feel better about themselves then good for them

I am just glad Stotts is playing Will Barton. Dude is pretty raw but just needs playing time in the league. Been riding the bench all year while Mo Williams is out there :x
We need to see more CJ too. Good to see Barton playing but he seriously needs to bulk up/lift if he wants more minutes next year :lol:

We really need to just leave Meyers Leonard in San Antonio though, dont even fly that bum back in town such a waste of athletesicm :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom