2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely crazy. deron williams went from being top 3 PGs in the league, to not even top 5 remaining in the playoffs.

spurs gonna expose lillards lack of defense

got them in 5

fully expect pop to put size and length on lillard (green/kawhi)

Last edited:
Are you talking about Wes Matthews? And when had lance stephson every played good enough to the point where wade can't touch him? Wade was hitting lance with euro steps over his head then dunkingnit in the playoffs last year. And hitting him with flying elbows

Last edited:
ya get caught up on how much a player makes like it really effects the team. nets were able to sign players to fill out the roster and be competitive

A nugget from the Ariza article I posted a few pages back....

Donald Sterling nixed a trade that would have sent Ariza to the Clippers for Caron Butler.

When people look at joe, they don't see the production or player, they only see the dollar signed attached to him.

$100 million is a big dollar sign though.
laugh.gif
I remember Joe was at Area nightclub in LA the night he signed or the night after.  "Pass me 30 bottles, champagne procession/That's that Holy water, sanctified refreshments

[h2]Good News: You Won Game 7; Bad News: You’re Less Likely to Win Round 2[/h2]
silver-feature-pacerstoast-2.png

We can use this regression analysis to estimate how much this year’s first-round playoff series should affect a team’s odds for the second round. We accomplish this by computing the probability of a team winning its second-round series based on its regular-season SRS, and then, alternatively, with a modified version of SRS that accounts for how many games it took to win the first round and its average margin of victory in those games.

Indiana Pacers vs. Washington Wizards

Original SRS odds: Indiana 76 percent to win the series.

Modified SRS odds: Indiana 54 percent to win the series.

The formula has the Pacers going from being 3-to-1 favorites to beat Washington to about even money. This is obviously something of an extreme case of a No. 1 seed struggling and facing a No. 5 seed that played very, very well and is much better rested. I might be biased since I’ve been called a wizard, but I can buy that the series is about even given how much Indiana struggled late in the regular season.

Miami Heat vs. Brooklyn Nets

Original SRS odds: Miami 88 percent to win the series.

Modified SRS odds: Miami 95 percent to win the series. :smh: :lol:

Miami swept its opening-round series, while Brooklyn needed seven games to beat the Toronto Raptors. Hence, the Nets have gone from really big underdogs to really, really big underdogs.

San Antonio Spurs vs. Portland Trail Blazers

Original SRS odds: San Antonio 78 percent to win the series.

Modified SRS odds: San Antonio 69 percent to win the series.

San Antonio needed seven games to beat Dallas, but Portland took six to beat Houston in a very competitive series. Part of this, however, is that the Spurs had more to lose, since they were heavily favored against Dallas while Portland wasn’t against the Rockets.

Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Clippers

Original SRS odds: Los Angeles 51 percent to win series.

Modified SRS odds: Los Angeles 52 percent to win series.

SRS had this series as a toss-up before, and since both the Thunder and the Clippers took seven games to win their first-round series, nothing much has changed.

Last edited:
Wow at so many people picking the Wizards.

I understand the Pacers are in bad form, but the Hawks were a bad matchup against them. History shows that.

Pacers in 6
OKC in 7
Spurs in 5
Heat in 6

I don't see the 2nd round being as exciting as the 1st round.

Last edited:
spurs gonna expose lillards lack of defense

got them in 5

fully expect pop to put size and length on lillard (green/kawhi)

agree but for different reasons.

green and kawhi won't be guarding lillard because that puts parker on wes matthews or batum, and those guys will just turn him into BBQ chicken.

i think they'll work lillard in a lot of pick and rolls, and make him chase parker off a million screens. then patty mills comes in and just dogs lillard for every minute he's in the game.

between duncan, splitter, baynes, and ayres, i think they can limit aldridge.

all this wiz over indy :rofl:

quickly will turn if indy beats thier heads in g1

indy in 6
okc in 5
sa in 6
mia in 4

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom