2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell ******* no. :lol: :lol:

The Finals last year wouldn't have even reached Game 7 and that's if they they got past the Pacers.

Spo matched Pop's adjustments step-for-step. That was a real thing man, if you don't want to buy into that I don't know what to tell you.

You crazy. They had LEBRON WADE AND BOSH b. I'm not buying that. At the end of the day in the NBA this is a make or miss league. No amount of schematics is going to make up for the fact that in the NBA, in the playoffs, especially in the playoffs, things dwindle down to a half court, pick and roll iso game and Miami has D Wade and Lebron two of the greatest ever at that, at their disposal.

No coach wouldn't be successful with that. 2011, 2012, 2013, they had Lebron Bosh and Wade. You literally have to win when you have that amount of elite level talent. Hell Lebron alone would make Woodson look like an awesome coach. It is what it is.

thats saying failures and deficiencies in all groups are comparable and don't have any variation from each other; too black and white to simply look at it that way.

It would be like asking who is the greatest athlete of all time and expecting there to be one simple answer.
Is there any other sport where favoritism (i.e. superstar calls or 'earning calls') is widely accepted as a refereeing strategy?

Is there any other spot where as many key illegal plays (fouls, travelling) are called so arbitrarily?
I get the point you're trying to make, and its a good one.

Rules in sports are interpreted by the officials and are bound to be missed. But to say that NBA officials are so obviously the worst? Is a bit far-fetched and naive. Especially given the nature of basketball compared to any other sport.

You can say ask the same question in other sports too on key violations that are arbitrary;

is it a catch or not a catch in football

the transfer rule in baseball

roughing the passer/unnecessary roughness/hitting a player too high, too low

offsides calls in soccer being missed by a dude running up to 100 yards away

handballs that go uncalled/ignored

goals don't count if the linesman can't tell if the ball made it past the woodwork or not
The sign is for 3D tvs
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[@=/u/39412/shoeking2101]@@shoeking2101[/@] no way the Heat win with Wisdom's Iso offense
would the offense still be iso when replacing melo with lebron?

That's what was in Cleveland and a lot times in the Heat's first year.

Woodson offense has always been isos
give lebron and mike brown players like wade and bosh and they dont win a championship?

No. Mike Brown hasn't shown he can make adjustments to win a championship.

RCK gets it

Last edited:
[quote name="Vincent Van Ho"]Serge, Adams, Perkins and Collison about to give Griffin a rude awakening that they aren't _avi_ Lee (ton of FTs)[/quote]Fixed. :\

prime kobe, 80 year old anybody is not going to get you anything

So now it's not just fantasy bball, it's time machines too?

Put prime Jordan on today's Rockets or Blazers and they're winning.

So all you did was drop the bomb that MVP candidates/winners are gonna be contenders? Okay.

And if you don't think the Heat wouldn't have played exactly like they did in 2011 under Woodson...

That's my point. That coaches go as far as their players and unless their players are historically elite level talents, then they probably won't be actual championship contenders.

And I swear to god I think they would have at least got to the finals. Lebron, Prime Wade, Bosh? They literally should get to the finals every single year regardless of coaching.

But you're acting like you just discovered this.

Last edited:
Time outs without actually having the ball in your hands is the new thing this season

Last edited:

thats saying failures and deficiencies in all groups are comparable and don't have any variation from each other; too black and white to simply look at it that way.

It would be like asking who is the greatest athlete of all time and expecting there to be one simple answer.
Is there any other sport where favoritism (i.e. superstar calls or 'earning calls') is widely accepted as a refereeing strategy?

Is there any other spot where as many key illegal plays (fouls, travelling) are called so arbitrarily?
To add on that...

Overall reputation calls/no-calls. Rookie calls and make-up calls.

Bad officiating can influence games in the NBA far worse than any other league.

prime kobe, 80 year old anybody is not going to get you anything
So now it's not just fantasy bball, it's time machines too.

Put prime Jordan on today's Rockets and they're winning.
exactly, replace harden or cp3 with kobe or jordan and they win a championship with that supporting cast

without an all time great those teams are very average and not winning anything

switch jordan and drexler in the 92 finals and blazers win

its a superstar league, you need a superstar to win a championship

Just look at the ending of this Raptors / Nets game and the fourth quarter of this Dallas / San Antonio game.

It's going to be all ISO's or some sort of Pick and Roll. That's the NBA game. Woodson looks bad because his ISO players in the past are Joe Johnson and Carmelo. Even with Melo, when they won 54 games and got to the second round, he "did a fantastic coaching job" but now, a year later they fire him. At the end of the day, as a coach you are your roster.

But you're acting like you just discovered this.

Acting like I just discovered what? That coaches don't really matter in the grand scope of things?

That all a coach can do is put their players in the best position to win, but it's up to them to make the winning plays. And great players tend to make winning plays. But acting like most coaches can't consistently put their players in positions to win in the playoffs, is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom