2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that even mean? Yes, great players are probably gonna make for good teams. And good teams win games. Big statement.

Do you think if they swapped out Spoelstra for Mike Woodson, they'd still win?

And why did LeBron need to team up with Wade, then?

If the Heat swapped out Spoelstra for Mike Woodson they would absolutely still win.

And I don't know if Lebron "needed" to team up with Wade. That "need" word is premature, considering how young he was when he teamed up with Wade and Bosh. However, even by himself he was a legit contender for a ring year in and year out. Kobe has won 5 rings in 17 years. He's one of the greatest winners ever. At the end of the day, you will not win every year however, the "legit chance" to win a ring is what I'm talking about.

At the end of the day, my point is just that the greatest players, historically great (and I'm changing point. I agree with Sea Manup on this) are what you need in order to seriously contend for a title. If you have that, you'll be a legit contender. If you don't, you probably wont. And coaching has very little to do with that. Coaches go as far as the talent and ability on their roster.

Now,

Hopefully toronto can make this a game sheesh :lol: I'm rooting for Toronto man

If the Heat swapped out Spoelstra for Mike Woodson they would absolutely still win.

And I don't know if Lebron "needed" to team up with Wade. That "need" word is premature, considering how young he was when he teamed up with Wade and Bosh. However, even by himself he was a legit contender for a ring year in and year out. Kobe has won 5 rings in 17 years. He's one of the greatest winners ever. At the end of the day, you will not win every year however, the "legit chance" to win a ring is what I'm talking about.

So all you did was drop the bomb that MVP candidates/winners are gonna be contenders? Okay.

And if you don't think the Heat wouldn't have played exactly like they did in 2011 under Woodson...

That's basically what I was getting at.

My man.

Love his a perplexing figure because i'm a fan of his, but it's hard to look at him as anything more than a stat stuffer. When someone consistently puts up the numbers love does, then that team should at least be 500., not in the cellar and that's a reflection on him IMO.

Hell ******* no.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The Finals last year wouldn't have even reached Game 7 and that's if they even got past the Pacers.

Spo matched Pop's adjustments step-for-step. That was a real thing man, if you don't want to buy into that I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
only chance love has at winning a championship is being the pau gasol to someone else's kobe

hes not good enough to lead a team no matter how stacked to a championship

So all you did was drop the bomb that MVP candidates/winners are gonna be contenders? Okay.

And if you don't think the Heat wouldn't have played exactly like they did in 2011 under Woodson...

That's my point. That coaches go as far as their players and unless their players are historically elite level talents, then they probably won't be actual championship contenders.

And I swear to god I think they would have at least got to the finals. Lebron, Prime Wade, Bosh? They literally should get to the finals every single year regardless of coaching.

My man.

Love his a perplexing figure because i'm a fan of his, but it's hard to look at him as anything more than a stat stuffer. When someone consistently puts up the numbers love does, then that team should at least be 500., not in the cellar and that's a reflection on him IMO.
Also, the criticism of him sacrificing defensive position for rebounds has been accurate.

Derozan isn't playing well but he looks like the only one out there giving it 110%

Gotta respect that.

Lowry on the other hand was just a mess offensively in that quarter :x

I think with Lowry he's just out of gas. The man is playing on a torn up knee, a bad ankle, and to add has been playing 40+ minutes each game on those. I wont be mad at Lowry with this game, hes gotten us to a game 7 single handedly.

Very true.
They definitely wouldn't be here without him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom